Pre 1980 Guess the Builder

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Picked this up from the original owner a few years ago. Was originally purchased new in 1979. May be willing to part with for the right price.

Attachments

• IMG_3007.jpg
    IMG_3007.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 1,613
  • IMG_3008.jpg
    IMG_3008.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 1,599
  • IMG_3009.jpg
    IMG_3009.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 1,607
  • IMG_3010.jpg
    IMG_3010.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 1,527
  • IMG_3011.jpg
    IMG_3011.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 1,557

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Yes, a Bob Runde cue built prior to the creation of Schon. The original owner purchased it from Tony at Romine's High Pockets in 1979. Tony was putting some cash together to back someone or play and grabbed a few cues out of the back and sold them to whoever was in the joint at a discount at that moment. Pretty cool story and historical cue. IMHO

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
$2350 shipped and insured. Only pre shon Runde built cue I’ve ever seen. Koinnkid is a Runde Schon collector and he recognized it immediately. A gem in any collection!

slim123

Yes, a Bob Runde cue built prior to the creation of Schon. The original owner purchased it from Tony at Romine's High Pockets in 1979. Tony was putting some cash together to back someone or play and grabbed a few cues out of the back and sold them to whoever was in the joint at a discount at that moment. Pretty cool story and historical cue. IMHO
Alot of rundes out there what makes this one different

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
how did you know that?
was it the feet? 😂
seriously what made it so obvious to you?
Can’t be the feet, those are mine. Lol. I believe the joint collar and ring work are the tell. I have seen one other similar flat faced shaft and a Merry Widow cue similar for sale online listed over the years since I acquired it that were identified as built by Bob prior to Schon be founded.

Reactions: bbb

subdude1974

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ringwork and the, what appears to me, implex joint. Implex was a joint material Schon used in the early S series cues. I am honestly not sure about the value of this cue. Personally, I think it would be worth more as a Schon than as a Runde. Kinda weird saying that, but there are lots of Rundes out there. I could be wrong. It is a great cue regardless and I hope if you sell it, you get what you want out of it.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Ringwork and the, what appears to me, implex joint. Implex was a joint material Schon used in the early S series cues. I am honestly not sure about the value of this cue. Personally, I think it would be worth more as a Schon than as a Runde. Kinda weird saying that, but there are lots of Rundes out there. I could be wrong. It is a great cue regardless and I hope if you sell it, you get what you want out of it.
I talked to Bob yesterday morning For the first time in a couple years. He told me to send pics for confirmation. Bob and his wife Andie are the nicest people in the world. He’s building a cue here and there still, but is not taking orders and no longer building stand alone shafts. There is a young man who commissioned some Kielwood shafts out of squares he supplied to Bob to turn and finish. The gentlemen does have at least one video online showing deflection properties. They are only available to fit Runde and Schon cues. A company in Oregon currently has a 2023 Runde for sale. I believe A Runde cue built at Romines that was sold by Terry prior to Schon existing is exceedingly more rare than any Schon or Runde built after Bob retired from Schon. I’ve only seen 1 other for sale and one individual shaft available. If it isn’t obvious I’m extremely bias being a diehard Runde Schon and Runde fan for over 30 years.