Measurements of the "standard" 3/8x11 joint pin?

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Please excuse the probably all too simple question, but we're all metric here, so here we go: what's the major and minor diameter of a Southwest-style 3/8-11 joint pin in thousands, and is this the one people are referring to when they're talking about the "standard" 3/8-11 pin? Thanks in advance!

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
.375" OD, ID is determined by depth of threads, which is not standard. It changes from one builder's pin to the next.

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
.375" OD, ID is determined by depth of threads, which is not standard. It changes from one builder's pin to the next.

Thanks Eric! The OD being identical means aftermarket shafts will fit all of them (except maybe Barebrugge's, whose pin OD is .360")? That's what I'm being asked sometimes by students who own 3/8x11-jointed cues - thus far I've always told them to inquire and make absolutely sure before ordering (but since some of them don't speak English, I'm increasingly often doing it for them).

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti