Help picking new shaft.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'll recommend the mezz alpha shaft. after you get used to the playing characteristics you can really power the cb around without the shaft buckling on you. when the shaft bends less it deflects a little more but you don't have to adjust for shaft bend at all on hard or soft shots making things more consistent

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a couple of other posters mentioned, I am guessing you hit with either the OB-1 or OB-2 with wooden ferrules which do have a very soft hit. The OB Classic and OB Classic Pro Shafts have conventional white ferrules on them and have a firm, crisp hit.

I am free-kin sold.

He should give OB his first shot!

Bustah360

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'll recommend the mezz alpha shaft. after you get used to the playing characteristics you can really power the cb around without the shaft buckling on you. when the shaft bends less it deflects a little more but you don't have to adjust for shaft bend at all on hard or soft shots making things more consistent

I was told the Mezz weren't producing the same hit and feel from the first batch? Anyone know if they're manufactured elsewhere now? Thats usually the culprit, like what happened to Moori tips.

Bustah360

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a couple of other posters mentioned, I am guessing you hit with either the OB-1 or OB-2 with wooden ferrules which do have a very soft hit. The OB Classic and OB Classic Pro Shafts have conventional white ferrules on them and have a firm, crisp hit.

I see the new OB's are something I have to try first. Just too damned bad there's nothing in place for players to try all this different equipment out aside from SBE.

nancewayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Need new shaft : OB shaft

Look at OB Cues website for dealers/distributors in your area. They may have "demo" shafts for you to try! I've had OB "demos" ever since OB starting making shafts and it does help to take a "test run". F.Y.I.

I see the new OB's are something I have to try first. Just too damned bad there's nothing in place for players to try all this different equipment out aside from SBE.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member

As Wayne mentioned, we have dealers across the country that have demos available for people to try out. Your location says Brooklyn, NY and we have a dealer in Island Park, NY called The Hub Billiard Club http://www.thehubbc.com/

According to Google maps that is about 21 miles away from you so if you get a chance, swing by there and talk to Matt and he will be more than happy to have you demo the OB Classic or the OB Classic Pro shafts. Hope this helps.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We can do a custom collar for you at no additional charge in about 2 weeks.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Are you talking about matching rings to the butt? Or just a certain diameter black or silver ring one? As long as they are not too fancy I'm thinking.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Are you talking about matching rings to the butt? Or just a certain diameter black or silver ring one? As long as they are not too fancy I'm thinking.

As long as we have the material and it is nothing too complicated then we can do it (matching rings)