The Baron and the Kid, the first five minutes.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoyed the opening and thought I would post a link here for entire movie on YouTube.

A simple question on the Anniversary tables in the opening, are the rails Rosewood? They sure look like it.

I am not sure if the movie is worth watching but you can see Claude Aiken do the worst rack you will ever see.

Johnny Cash played pool? Ride on.

https://youtu.be/9-RygXpr2kw

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I enjoyed the opening and thought I would post a link here for entire movie on YouTube.

A simple question on the Anniversary tables in the opening, are the rails Rosewood? They sure look like it.

I am not sure if the movie is worth watching but you can see Claude Aiken do the worst rack you will ever see.

Johnny Cash played pool? Ride on.

https://youtu.be/9-RygXpr2kw

I have watched it before but its been awhile.....thanks for the link "you old pocket splitter".

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like this film, it’s really pretty good. Call it a predictable feel good movie if you like.
The thing i like, the subject matter from beginning to end, opening frame to ending frame, is pool.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like this film, it’s really pretty good. Call it a predictable feel good movie if you like.
The thing i like, the subject matter from beginning to end, opening frame to ending frame, is pool.

+1

Pretty good movie for sure:)

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was a pretty good movie as far as pool movies go. I have not seen it but it has very good representation of games actually being played with proper skill and playing position instead of just shooting banks and jumps.

Thanks for the link.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just watched this again. Its free on Amazon Prime. Man, I liked it! I think it was better than The Color of Money.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It is one of my favorite pool movies. It holds a special place in my memory because it was shot mostly in my home town and the movie makers came to our outreach center to see if they could shoot a pool scene in it. Our building was several feet too short for them to get the shots they wanted. I tried to buy the Baron cue he used in the movie but I got way out bid. They estimated the cue would bring several hundred on the estate auction listing and it brought several thousand dollars.

Last edited:

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually enjoyed the movie. He kept Talking about his fancy pool stick. Come to find out at the end of the movie it was a McDermott. Haven’t seen a Murray table and at least 20 years. Pretty good movie though thanks for the link.