Real Pool Halls vs the hacks online.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here in my hometown, Salem Oregon, we have a legendary Pool Hall, same owner since the time before my birth.

They’re a full service establishment, they sell Cues, Tables and accessories. They move tables, service tables and set up tables. The business has been doing so since 1963. They did a great job on a table install for me back in 2007 or so, they bought it from me when I sold it 3 years ago, it was a joy to have the guys here for a few hours. Same two guys each time and they were still there when I went in last month, longevity is awesome.

Early in the summer I sold my Gold Crown 4, the buyer hired a mechanic, Randy, from the Portland area. While taking the table apart he mentions out of the blue, “The owner of the Cueball is the most honest Pool Hall owners in America.” Even Glen, aka RKC says great things about the establishment.

That’s reality, I know these people and would back them anytime.

What’s the false reality? Reading for the last few years on AZBilliards how there are nothing but hacks in this town. When I first read about it, I was shocked, then came the pictures and I said THIS IS BULLPOOP. The rails were so bad, a Blind person could do better on his first try, I am not kidding.

I asked that the local mechanic be named, NEVER HAPPENED but still came the story about all locals.

Yesterday was the worst, the table owner has now gone on to say that there are no local mechanics he would allow in his house let alone touch his table because they are all hacks. The owner has his rights to his house and his table but no rights to run down a good Pool Hall or the mechanics who he has never hired.

I asked the person who disparaged the good guys to edit his post, he doubled down with the heresay. If his comments are left to stand, it’s a negative mark on AZBilliards.

Please take better care of the last remaining Pool Halls, Thanks, good day