My cue guy did this today.

Attachments

• 15539932111133143184990760448641.jpg
    15539932111133143184990760448641.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 1,030

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks good...but I hope you never need to use the Predator warranty.

Maniac

Warranty still intact. Cue man put a white CF pad between red pad and ferrule.

Having said that, I've never not been screwed on a warranty....lol... so, it wouldn't be new to me. I'm use to it.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does it play?

I can't tell any difference but, it sure is easier to play with.

This particular ferrule is a temporary ferrule just to make sure I like it. If I end up liking it he's gonna tweak it again..... some how. Lol....no cue guy here. I barely can use it, I sure as hell can't build it or work on it.

Tell you one thing though, revos custom sales can kiss my a55 if this ferrule thing works out.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is the ferrule attached?

Did he glue a tenon onto the fiber pad and then glue a ferrule over the tenon? If so, what is the tenon made of?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is the ferrule attached?

Did he glue a tenon onto the fiber pad and then glue a ferrule over the tenon? If so, what is the tenon made of?

When I ask him about doing it, he said to take it home, try it for a night and if I like it he needed me to bring it back to tweak it.

Not exactly sure but, I think he glued a CF pad to a short ferrule, then glued it to the red pad.

He told me that it WOULD NOT hold up long. It's just to see if I like the ferrule and the way it hit/plays.

He has it done so the red pad will not be harmed if it pops off during "trial run".

I can't tell any difference in deflection. What I can say is: it feels and sounds identical to a solid wood shaft.

I'm gonna have him make this permanent for sure.

If the permanent fix does do away with the warranty, the hell with it. It's worth the price of admission to me.

He says he can make it permanent without voiding the warranty.

I wonder why revo didn't/don't offer this?

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
It's obviously a two-piece ferrule. I can see a slightly darker, almost tan portion, maybe 1/8 inch or so on top of the Revo top. If the ferrule goes to hell, you can just put a new tip on the original Revo construction, no warranty loss as far as I can see.

All the best,
WW

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's obviously a two-piece ferrule. I can see a slightly darker, almost tan portion, maybe 1/8 inch or so on top of the Revo top. If the ferrule goes to hell, you can just put a new tip on the original Revo construction, no warranty loss as far as I can see.

All the best,
WW

You would be correct and it works great thus far.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. It's an improvement but the pad is so thin, it may as well be dark.

They should put a darn ferrule of some sort. Even if it's just a 1/4" ontop of the plate.

LOL.

That is one reason I like my Becue with the solid white shaft with a black tip.

The whole shaft is your ferrule.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is exactly why I think Cuetec's CF shaft has more appeal than Predator......IMO.

Yep, if I buy another CF shaft, it will not be a revo unless they change things up to suit me......

I'd rather have a webit more deflection and be comfortable than the opposite.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This will probably change the hit and deflection properties on the shaft quite a bit.

My son had a 2mm white pad put on recently and we both noticed the weight and hid difference right away.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This will probably change the hit and deflection properties on the shaft quite a bit.

My son had a 2mm white pad put on recently and we both noticed the weight and hid difference right away.

The cue guy did a wonderful job at installing the ferrule.

I dont know what/how but it didn't change deflection "that much". It was very similar to the "pre ferrule" performance.

I just wanted to see if It would help or hurt by adding a ferrule.

It didn't hurt but it did help performance......in the end.

At first, I thought....wow....I CAN SEE!!!!!

But, after playing about 5 straight hours with it....well, I realized I didn't need it.

Bottom line, if you "need it"......extra visuals....then yep, go for it. If you dont, it's a no go IMO.

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
Ernesto straight up painted his Revo. Looks like regular wood from a distance. He says it plays good.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue guy did a wonderful job at installing the ferrule.

I dont know what/how but it didn't change deflection "that much". It was very similar to the "pre ferrule" performance.

I just wanted to see if It would help or hurt by adding a ferrule.

It didn't hurt but it did help performance......in the end.

At first, I thought....wow....I CAN SEE!!!!!

But, after playing about 5 straight hours with it....well, I realized I didn't need it.

Bottom line, if you "need it"......extra visuals....then yep, go for it. If you dont, it's a no go IMO.

My son liked it, I did not care if it had it or not. I think it may help more on using the shaft with a bridge than on normal shots, unless people use the ferrule/shaft to aim. I know when I use the Revo with all black, I had a really hard time judging the distance to the cueball from the tip using a bridge. I was always nervous I would foul.

I think adding a thin white pad would be a better thing to try than adding a full ferrule to the end.