Palmer cues
Old
  (#31)
rdwell
AzB Silver Member
rdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Palmer cues - 02-16-2011, 09:19 AM

There must be more Palmers lovers out there, let's post some pictures. I have a few coming today and I will post them when they show up.

Old
  (#32)
Tony Zinzola
AzB Silver Member
Tony Zinzola has a reputation beyond reputeTony Zinzola has a reputation beyond reputeTony Zinzola has a reputation beyond reputeTony Zinzola has a reputation beyond reputeTony Zinzola has a reputation beyond reputeTony Zinzola has a reputation beyond reputeTony Zinzola has a reputation beyond reputeTony Zinzola has a reputation beyond reputeTony Zinzola has a reputation beyond reputeTony Zinzola has a reputation beyond reputeTony Zinzola has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900
  Send a message via AIM to Tony Zinzola Send a message via Yahoo to Tony Zinzola  
02-17-2011, 03:11 PM

Here's one I am almost finished restoring. I believe it was sold to Guycrunch as a Brazilian Roswood Palmer, which is not the case. It is Macassar Ebony.

When I received the cue, one diamond was only half there and two others were missing part of the corners. I replaced all four diamonds with original Palmer parts. This was a bit of a challenge because none of the original diamonds were perfectly straight.

The clear window in the back was very yellow with hairline cracks on the inside. In addition to that, the piece under the window had some sort of mold growing on it. I cleaned it off and cleaned up the rest the best I could. I didn't want to damage the decal. The clear window was also replaced.

The wrap groove was about 2x as deep as it should have been and had masking tape running down the wrap channel, kind of like it is in my photo. I will remove mine before I wrap it.

In addition to that, the cue was not even close to straight. The handle was replaced. Upon replacement of the handle, it was evident that the handle had been replaced before and it appears that whoever did the work prior, turned the existing handle down to a tenon to sleeve a new handle over. The problem is, the tenon they left was not round (one flat side) and there were gaps all through it.

I polished the pin and the weight bolt. Since the section in the back is sleeved over a wooden tenon and can be removed by taking off the weight bolt, I sealed, polished and waxed the tenon to help keep moisture from being absorbed there.

The cue will be finished with a White with Green Spec Wrap.

Both shafts are straight and in good condition. I haven't checked diameters yet. They appear to be original, but since I don't know the history behind the cue, I can't state for sure.

I'm pretty sure it's available. PM guycrunch for details.

I normally don't do any repairs other than on my own cues. I had a lot of fun working on this and have a lot of respect for the guys that do it on a daily basis.

Anyway, here are the pics. I will post up some new ones once it's buffed and wrapped. It might not be until next week though. I have too much going on this weekend.

Palmers
Old
  (#33)
rdwell
AzB Silver Member
rdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond reputerdwell has a reputation beyond repute

Palmers - 02-28-2011, 06:38 PM

Here are a few I picked up the other day with the HUGE help of TATE. Come on lets see some of those Palmers, I know there are a lot of them out there.
Attached Images

Old
  (#34)
hangemhigh
Known Sinner
hangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 17500

02-28-2011, 06:49 PM

Love them all, but that K is the one.

HOME SWEET HOME..need a dose of my hardtail poontang sweetheart

Old
  (#35)
tattoo
Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
tattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond repute

02-28-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangemhigh View Post
Love them all, but that K is the one.
+1 my favorite palmer ever.......

if you care i will tell,,,,,,however i change my underwear as often as i change the cues i own....i hope you dont have to guess which one wears out first.lol

Old
  (#36)
inas502
AzB Silver Member
inas502 has a reputation beyond reputeinas502 has a reputation beyond reputeinas502 has a reputation beyond reputeinas502 has a reputation beyond reputeinas502 has a reputation beyond reputeinas502 has a reputation beyond reputeinas502 has a reputation beyond reputeinas502 has a reputation beyond reputeinas502 has a reputation beyond reputeinas502 has a reputation beyond reputeinas502 has a reputation beyond repute

02-28-2011, 07:15 PM

They're some nice Palmers up in there

Playing Cue: Satin South West

Break Cue: Varney J/B

Case: JB Rugged Prototype 2x4

Other Cues:
Zinzola #107....Jerry -r-, Carolina Custom sneaky,
Late 80's Joss Custom,
,Ray Schuler,Steve Klapp,Duc Lam
and a Sneaky i made

Other Cases:
Instroke 3x6
Giuseppe 2x2

Also do Cue Repair in the Philly area.... Pm me for pricing

Old
  (#37)
poolrod
I like old school
poolrod has a reputation beyond reputepoolrod has a reputation beyond reputepoolrod has a reputation beyond reputepoolrod has a reputation beyond reputepoolrod has a reputation beyond reputepoolrod has a reputation beyond reputepoolrod has a reputation beyond reputepoolrod has a reputation beyond reputepoolrod has a reputation beyond reputepoolrod has a reputation beyond reputepoolrod has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-28-2011, 08:15 PM

Very nice cues Randy. Cheers. Rod.

Playing Cue: Szamboti hoppe

If you get a chance to play with a Michael Webb, you will be very happy.

Cases: 1x2 Custom Ron Thomas
2x3 JB Rugged
Cues on order, Showman, Searing, Koo. James Michael White.
SHOWMAN FAN
SEARING FAN
MOBLEY FAN
SZAMBOTI FAN

Old
  (#38)
pwd72s
recreational banger
pwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond repute

03-01-2011, 01:07 AM

Fuzzy pics of the old and only Palmer I have. Can't sell it because that's my name under the clear ring. It's never been refinished or retipped. Shortly after buying it, my life got too busy for pool, so it just stayed in the closet for 30 years or so.

After retiring, wife & I decided to play again, so we grabbed our cues..her Adams & this one, and went to play. I quickly learned the Palmer was special...so I bought another cue to play with...

Wish my point & shoot had the photo ability that you guys have...but heck, I didn't have a digital camera until a while ago.
Attached Images

Last edited by pwd72s; 03-01-2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Palmers
Old
  (#39)
rdwell
AzB Silver Member

Palmers - 04-06-2011, 04:51 PM

A few I just picked up thanks to Tate. The one on the end is the Bicentenial Palmer which he still owns. The L is all original but going in for a freshening from Scot. Enjoy
Attached Images

Old
  (#40)
Barry13
AzB Bronze Member
Barry13 has a reputation beyond reputeBarry13 has a reputation beyond reputeBarry13 has a reputation beyond reputeBarry13 has a reputation beyond reputeBarry13 has a reputation beyond reputeBarry13 has a reputation beyond reputeBarry13 has a reputation beyond reputeBarry13 has a reputation beyond reputeBarry13 has a reputation beyond reputeBarry13 has a reputation beyond reputeBarry13 has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2011, 06:07 PM

I acquired a few more highly desireable Palmer cues to my collection since my last input to this post; so I thought I'd share them with you. Enjoy my M and two additional J models and a 2 butt / 2 shaft Palmer cue case.
Attached Images

Old
  (#41)
winners07
AzB Silver Member
winners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2011, 07:26 PM

C:\Users\Gary\Pictures\old cues\DSC00005.JPG
Palmer I got a few years ago, might trade on something else, maybe a nice case.
thanks gary
Attached Images

Last edited by winners07; 12-17-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: add picture

Old
  (#42)
fourkingscues
AzB Silver Member
fourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to fourkingscues Send a message via Yahoo to fourkingscues  
11-19-2011, 08:58 PM

NIce Randy

Happy Holidays,

Greater Northeast Cue Show and 9-balls Tournament - Today, 11:15 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Azer's,,
I will be holding a Cue Show and Pro-am 9-ball tournament on June 9th and 10th,At Warrington Billiards Club in Warington PA,,,I am working one a flyer and AZbillards ad to go out by end of Nov,,Attending cues makes so far are

BARRY SZAMBOTI
JOHN SHOWMAN
DENNIS SEARING
BILL SCHICK
JOEL HERCEK
BOB MANZINO
TONY ZINZOLA
KENNY KOO
BLACKBOAR - Tony S. and Donny
Esoteric Cue - Rick Geschrey
Hills cues-- Darrin Hill
Todd Schaller--Schaller custom cues
Steve Dunkel--custom cues
Jim Conway - Sea Cues
John Bender
AV's Cue shop

more to come,,

Dealers-Collectors
Don Sureman
Rik Graham(Collector)
Ron A.
Vince P.
Dennis B.
Troy,
Franko
Big Chris
John C
Jim Conway - Sea Cues & Collectables and Branko Stepanovich - Steppo Cases

Dealer or collectors tables will be 200.00 for the weekend ,,

Pro-am 75.00 for pro's ,,,First price will be 2500.00 guaranteed
and 50.00 for amateur

Also on Thursday and Friday will try to put together a golf outing ,,at Five ponds Golf course.
Golfers so far
D,Searing
Bill Schick,
Joel Hercek
Dave P.

I will be at the Windy City Cue show on Nov the 5th in Chicago at the head table thanks to Chris J,,stop by and see me ,,for flyer and sign up !!!!,,

any question feel free to call (267) 257-8323 or email(kc7665@aol.com) if you have interest,,or to sign up for tournament or if you want a dealer or collectors tables ,,limited space(25 -30 Tables,)5.00 fee at door covers both days,,

This will be my first time doing this any help would be welcome,,

I will be posting a full add with pics and more info soon,,,,Feel free to contact me ,,if you have interested in being on the flyer or attending,,

BR
Ken Carfagno

Warrington Billiards Club
382 Easton Rd
Warrington Pa 18976
(fly into Phila)

BR
Ken

show
Old
  (#43)
rdwell
AzB Silver Member

show - 11-20-2011, 05:40 PM

hey kenny
I may have to come back for this show and also see if my cue is done!!!!! How many strokes are you giving in the golf tourney

Old
  (#44)
fourkingscues
AzB Silver Member
fourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond reputefourkingscues has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to fourkingscues Send a message via Yahoo to fourkingscues  
11-20-2011, 07:55 PM

Randy ,,i not play golf since 1996,,but i can add you to play with the boys,,,if u not make it i be upset,,,

BR
Ken

Old
  (#45)
PHarley
AzB Bronze Member
PHarley is on a distinguished road

11-26-2011, 11:42 AM

Here is a Palmer I've had for a few years. Never thought much of this cue. It's been tucked in my closet and I forgot I had it at one point. Can anyone fill me in on the history of it?

Page 3 of 16 123 4513 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: