Congrats to our Own OMGWTF 2nd Place US Amateur

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
I'm not saying it would have been any different or that OMGWTF got robbed or anything. Its silly to cry or make excuses for her when you know darn well she wouldn't do it. However, that whole double dipping thing was one of the coolest (and fairest) things about pool tourneys.

Kevin

Totally get where you're coming from. Btw, if you take the score of the hotseat match (5-2 OMGWTF) and add it to the score of the finals (9-6 Dana), you get an 11-11 tie.

Banks

Banned
I don't know but I'm down to find out.

Says the woman with a fire lit under her ass. I don't care who you're matching up with any time soon, I'm not betting against you. :thumbup:

Great job, I hope you bring them a beat-down they won't forget next year.

Joe T

Congrats to both ladies. I didn't watch the entire match but was peaking when I could and was pullin for ya Melinda. Saw far more gr8 shots than bad ones. I think this one shot by Dana in the second rack (I think?) may have set the tone for a OMGWTF is going on match. Not sure how Dana missed the 8 but Melinda played a nice safety only to get hit with this Efrenesque shot; http://pool.bz/P/?@1HXvj4IBKc4JYcw4LPsw4MUuT4OVBX4PUWR1cXvj2canF4kUWR2kaPC1kNlh1kbYy1kbAu@
Table might have been laying differently but that was the situation, Dana called it and I know I was like OMG.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
I don't know but I'm down to find out.

Rhea posted a week ago, that she'd play you. so i guess IT'S ON?!?!

Gene & Rhea are supposed to head South soon, towards Charlotte, etc.
get w/ KK9 for PMs, cause we don't want to miss this Match! (he's got your book @ the guest bathroom.)

again, CONGRATS!

PS - CJ & Mary Avina are supposed to be @ Greensboro @ _____ date.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Rhea posted a week ago, that she'd play you. so i guess IT'S ON?!?!

Gene & Rhea are supposed to head South soon, towards Charlotte, etc.
get w/ KK9 for PMs, cause we don't want to miss this Match! (he's got your book @ the guest bathroom.)

again, CONGRATS!

PS - CJ & Mary Avina are supposed to be @ Greensboro @ _____ date.

There is no way she would agree to the weight I would need in order for a fair match she is light years ahead of my speed I cant even beat the 4 ball ghost yet.

omgwtf

massiveunderstatement.com
Silver Member
There is no way she would agree to the weight I would need in order for a fair match she is light years ahead of my speed I cant even beat the 4 ball ghost yet.

what are you rated in the APA

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
what are you rated in the APA

In VNEA I'm a 4, in BCA I'm a 4, in NAPA I'm a 5, in APA 8 ball I'm a 4, and in APA 9 Ball I'm a 5

But, don't let my skill level scare you, I bet real high.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
In VNEA I'm a 4, in BCA I'm a 4, in NAPA I'm a 5, in APA 8 ball I'm a 4, and in APA 9 Ball I'm a 5

Yeah...even if omgwtf is a B- player, an APA 4 would need a pretty sizeable amount of weight, and one can never be sure they haven't been sandbagging if they are willing to bet high at that level.

That being said... I'll still give yah the 8, Rhea... :grin-square::grin-square::grin-square:

Short Bus Russ

omgwtf

Silver Member

what would me being scared of you have to do with you betting real high
wouldn't you bet real high whether I was scared or not

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member

Can't beat the 4 ball ghost? You need Perfect Aim lessons. You'll be firing them in from all over the table. Johnnyt

omgwtf

Silver Member

hey i just found this in the other thread, the one about you going on the road:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=4433804&postcount=389

Eric, I can interpret what you are getting at, but your estimate of my speed is pretty far off. I am only considered a C player in Indianapolis, everywhere else I have been to I have been at least a B- speed.*

When I left the APA back in 2009 I was a 6 at that time.

When I was in OHIO going off like a rocket right before Gene met me I was playing around APA 7 speed.

And my game has improved drastically since then. In fact I strongly feel that the few people in OHIO that spotted me 1 ball could now get 1 ball from me and I would like it.

By the time I got to NC they had me playing as a skill level 8 in their tournament. And by the time I got to VA they had me rated as a B+.

I know I am not a B+ yet but I am at least a B speed, I can put together a 2 or 3 pack in 9 ball on a tight 9 footer, and I couldn't do that a few months ago.

So there you have it that is where I stand now... which is why APA 4 or 5 is laughable and yes I would play an APA 5 for money and be the favorite in every city.

You can put together a 2 or 3 pack? In my lifetime, I have run one 2-pack in 9 ball on a loose 9 footer. You must be a very, very strong player. I do not understand why you would need weight from me if you play at that level. If anything, I would need weight.

Last edited: