Leather wraps

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Who does real good leather wraps for cues at a reasonable price ??? Thanx

Depends on where you are located.
If you have to send your cue there and back because of where you live, the overall price just went way up.
Try to find someone where you can take your cue, have the wrap installed, and go back home all same day.
Btw, Josh Treadway, Steve Lomax are two people, for starters, that do outstanding leatherwork reasonably.

Will. :thumbup:

Last edited:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
You might also post your question in the WANTED section and see what responses you get.
Just be sure to mention the city (or zip code) where you live to keep costs down.

Will Prout

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Who does real good leather wraps for cues at a reasonable price ??? Thanx

What type of leather? And why? do want leather?

Most leathers have more height/thickness that linen. Is the cue maker gonna cut/mill the handle/grip area down a little or not to fit your choice of leather? If not, most likely the handle will NOT be flush with the butt.
What I found out during my prime yrs as a pro. Leather stays cold and I found myself laying my Zamboti in my lap between shots, to keep the leather warm/tacky and because of this, I had too sell it. Called Nick Varner, and he told me, linen would be best, since I played under ALL different conditions in all parts of the USA and the tack ness of my handle would be MORE consistent. Went back to linen.

Cross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What type of leather? And why? do want leather?

Most leathers have more height/thickness that linen. Is the cue maker gonna cut/mill the handle/grip area down a little or not to fit your choice of leather? If not, most likely the handle will NOT be flush with the butt.
What I found out during my prime yrs as a pro. Leather stays cold and I found myself laying my Zamboti in my lap between shots, to keep the leather warm/tacky and because of this, I had too sell it. Called Nick Varner, and he told me, linen would be best, since I played under ALL different conditions in all parts of the USA and the tack ness of my handle would be MORE consistent. Went back to linen.

I think the newer leather wraps are skivved as thin as linen wraps now and will be interchangeable without modifying the handle diameter. Martin at superior cues sells high quality leather wraps which are similar thickness to linen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk