any custom cue makers that will make....

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
a cue with butterfly points
box windows
annddd....
carbon fiber shaft???

thanks in advance for any suggestions

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By and large the custom cue makers cannot make their own CF shafts--they can, however, fit a CF shaft to one of their custom butts.

JT4Annapolis

JT in FL now
I am not a fan of butterfly cues but I saw one by Eric Crisp "Sugartree Cues" that I really liked. You could try reaching out to him if not in a hurry.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not sure if this fits the bill, but Jerry Oliver is local and he has a note from earlier in the year saying he was finally making a low-deflection shaft.

http://jocues.com/

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure why anyone would want a small batch maker to make a custom carbon shaft. That's not what their core competency is and there are plenty of offerings out there that have undergone extensive development, in terms of both creation and perfection.

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Check with Pat Diveney. He does a fair amount of butterfly points. I would suggest you try one of the keilwood shafts if you’re looking for a solid feeling shaft that is really low deflection

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Not sure why anyone would want a small batch maker to make a custom carbon shaft. That's not what their core competency is and there are plenty of offerings out there that have undergone extensive development, in terms of both creation and perfection.

Mostly to avoid fishing around for whichever shaft may or may not match the joint dia after the cue is made

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
Shelby Williams will build you what you're looking for and you will LOVE it. If you haven't seen his work its pretty easy to find. @ShelbyCustomCues on Facebook.

orion21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure why you would want a CF from anyone other than the big names that can make and test thousands.

However if you really want i believe Mike Gulyassy can get blanks, and also make anything you need on a butt. I would just pick the joint and get a CF from one of the major brands tho.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
You could also post in the Ask the Cuemaker forum, may get some surprising feedback.

Will Prout