Help Identify This Old Cue

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm trying to identify this old cue that looks similar to an old Kersenbrock. It was obtained by a previous owner in Vegas over 20 year ago and it was old when he got it.

Two of the shafts have long, almost Meucci like tapers on them. The third shaft has a more conical type taper.

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,778
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,820
  • pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,804
  • pic 4.jpg
    pic 4.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,779
  • pic 5.jpg
    pic 5.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,830
Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And some more.

Attachments

• pic 6.jpg
    pic 6.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,735
  • pic 7.jpg
    pic 7.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,912
  • pic 8.jpg
    pic 8.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,758
  • pic 9.jpg
    pic 9.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,823
  • pic 10.jpg
    pic 10.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,741

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And a couple more.

Attachments

• pic 11.jpg
    pic 11.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,754
  • pic 12.jpg
    pic 12.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,743
  • pic13.jpg
    pic13.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,664
  • pic 14.jpg
    pic 14.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,668
Last edited:

goin2bepro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Notice how the threads on the pin change near the point where it enters the joint collar. Kind of strange.

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's not a real standard cue building pin. Probably just a guy with a lathe who wanted to build a cue. Doesn't remind me of anyone in particular.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
That's not a real standard cue building pin. Probably just a guy with a lathe who wanted to build a cue. Doesn't remind me of anyone in particular.

It's a brass 3/8-10 pin. Pretty common. He just drilled a pilot into the pin, and faced off the rounded end of the joint pin.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a brass 3/8-10 pin. Pretty common. He just drilled a pilot into the pin, and faced off the rounded end of the joint pin.

Is this a standard practice for any particular cuemaker, or is it just somebody doing a "MacGyver" with what they have available?

goin2bepro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is definitely not glue. You can't tell in the picture due to shadows and reflections, but the threads 100% change. What they change to, i have no idea.

Last edited:

PocketPooler

Silver Member
Reminds me of a Madison Bob. He said he machined his radial pins near the bottom for a bit to get a tighter last couple turns on the joint.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
It is definitely not glue. You can't tell in the picture due to shadows and reflections, but the threads 100% change. What they change to, i have no idea.

They don't change. He hit the thread with the bit when he faced the joint on the cue. The bit took the edge off the thread.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I think you have a early 90’s sneaky made by 1 of about 600 guys. Unless you get lucky and the guy that made it comes across your posts it’s a needle in a hay field.