Silver Member
Snookerbacker

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2018/10/14/the-english-open-2/

Snookerbacker
October 14, 2018
The English Open
Filed under: Snooker Betting Snooker News — snookerbacker @ 3:07 pm

Back with the numpties at the car boot sale

This week sees the first of the four legs of the Home Nations events, with snooker being played in Crawley, where apparently there has been an event before, but I can’t remember what it was.

These are of course the events that form part of the pot at the end of the rainbow that is £1 million for anyone that can win all four of them. In fact, finding the pot at the end of said rainbow is probably a piece of piss compared to the nigh on impossible task here.

Ronnie O’Sullivan returns to competitive action and seems to be getting a bit confused with the ranking list. The recent Shanghai Masters winner and current world number three believes that if he were to win this event he’d be the lowest ranked player ever to win a professional tournament.

The hapless Rocket is basing this ridiculous assertion on the fact that he’s not earned any money so far this season in ranking events, on account that he hasn’t been playing in them. But he’ll clearly reassert this stupifying piece of buffoonary several times as the week goes on to try and make people believe him.

Don’t. It’s fake news.

He’s also been having a go at the poor old Numpties again, reminiscing back to the good old days when he just played at venues in front of huge crowds and never had to qualify for anything and wondering why people who in his words are ‘very poor at the game’ are professional.

What he appears to be blotting out is that as well as the holy trinity of the Class of ’92, who are still owning three of the top four spots on the tour in which he is of course included, there are also a few thousand others who were in that class who now put ‘ex-professional snooker player’ on their social media profiles, leaving out the bit that they were only professional because they paid to do it when the floodgates were opened for anyone with a cue and a bulging wallet to do so. Mark my words, he played a lot more numpties in his early days than he does now, The Norbreck in Blackpool was like a mecca for numpties back in the day.

Again, fake news.

What isn’t fake news is the suspension of Jamie Jones that happened this week which I wrote about here and also a rather bizarre outburst from Mark King in the qualifiers in Barnsley during his match with Gerard Greene. Poor old Kingy got so frustrated at his lack of form that he huffed and puffed, banged and clanged and even told the referee to piss off. I think despite his protestations and sincere apologies at the end of the match he might be at least £250 lighter in the coming weeks.

Anyway, oh yes, this comp. You can predict your own outcome of it here and watch it on Eurosport all week. It’s best of sevens until the latter stages with 128 players in from the start, or as Ronnie likes to call it ‘car boot snooker’.

Here’s my outright selections for Crawley (where is Crawley by the way?). I have a feeling O’Sullivan will win it, but his price is way too short so some value each way pokes are the order of the day.

To Win Outright: Barry Hawkins (25/1) and Mark Allen (45/1 – Boosted)

Each Way: Stuart Bingham (40/1) Ryan Day (66/1) Yan Bingtao (66/1) Dark Mavis (150/1) and Gary Wilson (250/1)

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snookerbacker

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2018/10/14/the-english-open-2/

Snookerbacker
October 14, 2018
The English Open
Filed under: Snooker Betting Snooker News — snookerbacker @ 3:07 pm

Back with the numpties at the car boot sale

This week sees the first of the four legs of the Home Nations events, with snooker being played in Crawley, where apparently there has been an event before, but I can’t remember what it was.

These are of course the events that form part of the pot at the end of the rainbow that is £1 million for anyone that can win all four of them. In fact, finding the pot at the end of said rainbow is probably a piece of piss compared to the nigh on impossible task here.

Ronnie O’Sullivan returns to competitive action and seems to be getting a bit confused with the ranking list. The recent Shanghai Masters winner and current world number three believes that if he were to win this event he’d be the lowest ranked player ever to win a professional tournament.

The hapless Rocket is basing this ridiculous assertion on the fact that he’s not earned any money so far this season in ranking events, on account that he hasn’t been playing in them. But he’ll clearly reassert this stupifying piece of buffoonary several times as the week goes on to try and make people believe him.

Don’t. It’s fake news.

He’s also been having a go at the poor old Numpties again, reminiscing back to the good old days when he just played at venues in front of huge crowds and never had to qualify for anything and wondering why people who in his words are ‘very poor at the game’ are professional.

What he appears to be blotting out is that as well as the holy trinity of the Class of ’92, who are still owning three of the top four spots on the tour in which he is of course included, there are also a few thousand others who were in that class who now put ‘ex-professional snooker player’ on their social media profiles, leaving out the bit that they were only professional because they paid to do it when the floodgates were opened for anyone with a cue and a bulging wallet to do so. Mark my words, he played a lot more numpties in his early days than he does now, The Norbreck in Blackpool was like a mecca for numpties back in the day.

Again, fake news.

What isn’t fake news is the suspension of Jamie Jones that happened this week which I wrote about here and also a rather bizarre outburst from Mark King in the qualifiers in Barnsley during his match with Gerard Greene. Poor old Kingy got so frustrated at his lack of form that he huffed and puffed, banged and clanged and even told the referee to piss off. I think despite his protestations and sincere apologies at the end of the match he might be at least £250 lighter in the coming weeks.

Anyway, oh yes, this comp. You can predict your own outcome of it here and watch it on Eurosport all week. It’s best of sevens until the latter stages with 128 players in from the start, or as Ronnie likes to call it ‘car boot snooker’.

Here’s my outright selections for Crawley (where is Crawley by the way?). I have a feeling O’Sullivan will win it, but his price is way too short so some value each way pokes are the order of the day.

To Win Outright: Barry Hawkins (25/1) and Mark Allen (45/1 – Boosted)

Each Way: Stuart Bingham (40/1) Ryan Day (66/1) Yan Bingtao (66/1) Dark Mavis (150/1) and Gary Wilson (250/1)

Snookerbacker is as ever always a good read .:wink::thumbup:

Search party is still out for Scaramouche folks so if you find him post a link.....:wink:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/45868618

Ronnie O'Sullivan has described the venue for this year's English Open as "a hellhole" and urged World Snooker to spend more money on tournament hosts.

The five-time world champion won his first-round match at the K2 Leisure Centre in Crawley against Kurt Maflin but was unhappy with conditions.

"It's such a bad venue, it demotivates you to want to play," the 42-year-old said following Monday's 4-1 victory.

"This is about as bad as I've ever seen. It's a bit of a hellhole."

O'Sullivan is the defending English Open champion, having beaten Kyren Wilson in Barnsley in 2017.

But after defeating world number 50 Maflin in just over an hour, he did not hold back on his thoughts on the Sussex venue.

"I don't know what this gaff is but I've just done an interview and all I can smell is urine," he added.

"It's just got no atmosphere in there. I'm practising and I've got wires all around the table. There's no security, you've got people running at you left, right and centre.

"It's not the fans' fault. They [World Snooker] obviously haven't got the budget to run it properly.

"I don't know where their budget is but they're cutting corners. I think they should invest in good venues. Players deserve better."

World Snooker and the K2's management company, Freedom Leisure, have been approached for comment.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t....69i57j0l5.24831j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Down in the Tube Station at Midnight
The Jam
The distant echo
Of faraway voices boarding faraway trains
To take them home to
The ones that they love and who love them forever
The glazed, dirty steps, repeat my own and reflect my thoughts
Cold and uninviting, partially naked
Except for toffee wrappers and this morning's paper
Mr. Jones got run down
Headlines of death and sorrow, they tell of tomorrow
Madmen on the rampage
And I'm down in the tube station at midnight
I fumble for change, and pull out the Queen
Smiling, beguiling
I put in the money and pull out a plum
Behind me
Whispers in the shadows, gruff blazing voices
Hating, waiting
"Hey boy" they shout, "have you got any money?"
And I said, "I've a little money and a takeaway curry
I'm on my way home to my wife
She'll be…

Have you got the message now folks.....?

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BetVictor English Open Winner Betting Odds

https://www.oddschecker.com/snooker...h-open/winner?selectionName=ronnie-o-sullivan

Top 6 .

BetVictor English Open Winner Betting Odds
Change Event
Bet Victor
English Open Snooker: Bet £10 Get £60
T&Cs apply
Paddy Power
£20 Risk Free & £5 Free Bet
T&Cs apply
£
£20
£20
£30
£50
£60
£25
£40
£20
£30
£25
£10
£20
£30
£100
£15
£30
£10
£20
£20
£1000
£
£10
Special Offers
Sort By
Each-way terms
1/2 2
1/2 2
1/2 2
1/2 2
1/2 2
1/2
1/2 2
1/2

Ronnie O Sullivan
5/2 3 11/4 3 11/4 5/2 11/4 7/2 27/10
John Higgins
7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 52/5
Mark Selby
15/2 6 15/2 6 15/2 15/2 7 13/2 41/5
Mark Williams
13/2 8 8 8 8 13/2 15/2 9 17/2
Judd Trump
12 10 11 9 11 12 12 12 52/5
Neil Robertson
16 16 14 16 16 16 14 16

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
On that betting summary site, I see the odds on Ronnie varying from 10/4 to 14/4. That seems like a huge range when the bookies' favor is down at the 10% level or so. Is there a way for a sharp bettor to make money on that spread?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Search party is still out for Scaramouche folks so if you find him post a link.....:wink:

Three of us in Toronto have been talking about Scaramouche....
...he has been at venues we’ve been at...actually quoted me in a couple posts.
....but he has remained incognito....
...and his lack of posting cannot be good news.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie O’Sullivan takes it to the max with ‘hellhole’ 147 break

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/oct/17/ronnie-osullivan-max-147-break-hellhole-english-open

Bob , no joke , sitting watching the Snooker with my son but we were distracted talking about should Alex McLeish get the sack from the Scotland football manager job & the Snooker is on the TV and I looks up and Ronnies on 134 and the next thing I'm saying you gotta be joking me , I just missed a 147 talking about if the Scotland football manager should be sacked.....

Ronnie O’Sullivan takes it to the max with ‘hellhole’ 147 break :

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/oct/17/ronnie-osullivan-max-147-break-hellhole-english-open

Ronnie O'Sullivan 15th MAXIMUM 147 English Open 2018 [HD] :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAz9in9Sd_c

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Ronnie O’Sullivan takes it to the max with ‘hellhole’ 147 break : ...
Perhaps what he needs to take his game to the next level is the smell of urine and random people wandering about. That will be interesting to work into my practice routine.:eek:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lucky Break - Clydebank

Perhaps what he needs to take his game to the next level is the smell of urine and random people wandering about. That will be interesting to work into my practice routine.:eek:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/uv?hl...hUKEwiysPPx647eAhVOzaQKHcECCD4QoiowCnoECAoQCQ

Hi Bob !

I was back in the area for the first time in utter years so I had to pay a visit and the Bar and Lounge set up was still in the same place as where the Toilets but never stayed long enough for a game as it was an unplanned visit plus failing eyesight etc lol !