Attic Find - Who Made It?

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greetings,

First post, so please be kind!

My recently rekindled interest in billiards prompted me to search the house for "my cue," a cue and case I bought, along with several others, many years ago, perhaps 30.

It was purchased in a discount/clearance type store. I was shocked to find I had never unwrapped it - the shaft was still in plastic shrink-wrap.

To my ignorant eye it looks beautiful. It's 58 1/8 inches from the bottom of the bumper to the end of the ferrule, and exactly 19 oz. It's as straight as an arrow (rolls perfectly), and I can't find a blemish or imperfection on it (unlike some of the others I bought).

I know its probably impossible to tell, but would anyone know who made this, and what it's worth? I'm not planning to sell it, I will use it. I'm quite pleased with this discovery.

In the images, "Canadian Maple" is printed on the shrink-wrap. The tip came pre-shaped and chalked.

Thanks,

jv

p.s. sorry if the images are too large or don't appear, I'm trying to figure it out.

My%20Cue%20Stick%201.jpg

My%20Cue%20Stick%202.jpg

My%20Cue%20Stick%203.jpg

My%20Cue%20Stick%204.jpg

My%20Cue%20Stick%205.jpg

Last edited:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Not entirely sure but im glad to see theyre still putting attics in houses in 2019. definitely an import, the shaft writing should be the determinator.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember seeing cues with that Canadian maple marking at Sears and sporting goods stores years ago.