200+ Ball Runners

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Can I get an honorable mention for my 199 at Valley Forge, it was on a bar box diamond. There were a bunch of witnesses probably about 10 maybe 15. I know it says 200 ball runners I thought I would give it a shot...

You definitely get an honorable mention, Jamison! I've never even tried to play straight pool on a bar table... sounds rather difficult actually.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys. I know some of you don't venture into the 14.1 forum much, but a question arose there about how many 200+ ball runners are currently alive. I'm trying to put together a list and would appreciate some help from any of you who might have some good knowledge on the subject.

I'm especially looking for help on the international players, but there are many people from the states who I can't move from the "possibles" list to the "confirmed" list until someone chimes in and can vouch for a run.

Living 200 + Runners

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Jimmy Caras (He used to play in Bobby's room) told me he saw Bobby Madoff (sp?) run over 200 a number of times. You would have to contact Bobby and ask him.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Who maintains the players database here on AZ? Perhaps they can include straight pool high runs in the players profile, with a side bar showing top 10, 100 straight pool runs.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Steve,
I spoke with Mark Wilson and Jerry Briesath (together at a memorial tournament Jerry hosts in Wisconsin); and they will work on adding to your list.

Mark confirms his high run was 186...not on the list....yet...

Jerry's high run is 201...on the list by the skin of his teeth.

Sailor was a definite on the list, not yet sure of his high run.

Mark saw George Pawelski run in the mid 200's. Following that game he saw George run 2 tables of golf in one inning on a 5 x 10 snooker table. I don't play golf, but everyone was quite impressed by the feat.

Mark thought Dallas West had at least 3 runs over 400 on 9 footers; more impressive in many ways than a Mosconi run of 526 on a 4 x 8.

They'll think it over and I'll post the results in a week or so when I'm back from Maryland. See you there I hope.