Rest in peace, Grady.

bes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP Grady - enjoyed your commentary and loved it when I got to see you play.

MikeMaaen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bye Grady. You will be remembered by the pool world and missed by its members. TAP TAP TAP

onepocket1

Champion Sweater
Silver Member
I met Grady 45 years ago, and he was aways ready to share his stories and his knowledge with everyone. "The most interesting man in the (pool) world" - Thanks for the memories Grady.

Bohemian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Grady,

It has been my pleasure to have known you.
Thank you for your friendship and your patience.

Thank you for all that you did for all of the world's pool players.
Your passion for the game has been contagious.

May you rest in Peace and God Bless your family.

Mark Griffin

I really thank John Barton for his comments - they are so true.

Mark, et.al., I would like to suggest that we further honor Grady at the upcoming BCA Nationals and U.S. Open(s), and where ever else we can; with a moment of silence in remembrance, as he did when announcing and a legend recently passed...

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's a sad day in the billiard world. I was just talking to Billy (Cardone) yesterday about all the friends we've lost in the last few years and now this. Grady was a FIXTURE in billiards for over five decades! He was everywhere pool was played and usually in the middle of it. Grady was always a participant, never just an observer!

God rest your poor tormented soul Grady. The last few years were not good for you, so now you're in a better place. Say hi to Harold Worst, Wade Crane, Joe Balsis, Johnny Ervolino, Luther, Steve, Louie, Richie, Bugs, Red and so many others who were such remarkably gifted players.

Last edited:

SpiderJerusalem

The Brink of Apocalypse
Silver Member
The pool world has lost a great ambassador and a wealth of knowledge. My thoughts and prayers are with the family in this trying time.

May you rest in peace Professor.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is terrible news. I spent many hours playing with and getting to know Grady, he was a good dude. I will certainly miss him.

Keith McCready

Pro Player
It's a sad day for me. I do wish that me and Grady could have had one more crap hand together. I really enjoyed all of that. Where is that big dick from Boston now, Grady? Where's those two cauliflowers, Grady? Come on, Grady, make that five. Fever in funk, baby. How do ducks go to water? Two by two, Grady! There it is, Grady. Yes, sir. That's what I miss.

I've known Grady ever since I've been 14 years old from the Belflower days. Even the Elks Lodge when he played in the straight pool tournaments with Irving Crane, Joe Balsis, Luther Lassiter, and the list goes on.

The one thing that I really like about Grady the most is that he bet his own money and wasn't afraid to stack it, and out of all the pool players, he was the best dice man out there. A lot of people maybe didn't get to see that part of him, but he was. I'll save story about Grady and me and the two broads, the funniest thing you'd ever seen in your life. It's hard to explain on a forum, but you'll read it in my book.

Looks like you and Louie can do it all over again, Grady. LOL

I hope in your reincarnation you come back as a cueball, so you can give all the haters, all the naysayers a bad roll.

Your friend, Keith

tomgearhart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I first met Grady when I was with the Pro Billiards Tour and found him to be an honest and talented player and gambler. I got to know him better when I was one of the promoters of the Glass City open.

I am proud to have called him my friend and I hope he has found the peace he so longed for. RIP Grady.