Brunswick Gold Crown Formica Rail Repair/Replacement

Bohemian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What are the repair/replacement/restoration options on Gold Crown Formica Rails?

Can't find anything on that specific topic...

Basically, I have a GC1 that I am looking to restore to its factory original former glory, and the Formica is so worn that there is hardly any evidence of its original wood grain look from Brunswick... looks more tan than wood grain...

Notwithstanding, some significant chips, stud marks, etc.

Thanks in advance.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It's not something of a common repair that table mechanics want to take on, thus fhe lack of information available here. It's a difficult, and time consuming task, which is why most avoid taking it on.;)

Bohemian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not something of a common repair that table mechanics want to take on, thus fhe lack of information available here. It's a difficult, and time consuming task, which is why most avoid taking it on.;)

Ok, so assuming somebody was willing to take it on; what is the general approach somebody would need to take to make such a repair?

I am not sure how thick the Formica is, and if you can even buy replacement Formica to match...

I have done counter top Formica replacement, but everything is generally flat & symmetric so its not that big a deal.

Is there much difference between the rails on GC 1-IV ?

Can you buy replacement rail assemblies that will work or can be made to work on a GC1 ?

Just trying to see what options are available, be it repair or replacement...

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rails

Friend of mine had his transfer dipped in walnut burl and satin clearcoated. It's quite stunning. Brian.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Hydro dipping a rail don't sound fun.. I hope it was a SAMs or simulator table.
Hope it all works out for you.
-
Rob.M

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know where you're from but Jerimy Chambers replaces the formica on GC's and has the matching formica in stock. He's out of the SW suburbs of Chicago and is a top notch mechanic.

What are the repair/replacement/restoration options on Gold Crown Formica Rails?

Can't find anything on that specific topic...

Basically, I have a GC1 that I am looking to restore to its factory original former glory, and the Formica is so worn that there is hardly any evidence of its original wood grain look from Brunswick... looks more tan than wood grain...

Notwithstanding, some significant chips, stud marks, etc.

Thanks in advance.