Palmerfan and Jay Helfert - High Run list

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
It's all good, Palmerfan!

Eric, Tobias is an insanely talented and super smart, well-mannered kid. It was great getting to meet and play with him.

- Steve

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when going over the list i noticed that the name of " Dick Leonard" was missing. i know for a fact that his high run is 326 balls right handed and over 150 left handed. He has had to switch to left handed because of the same type of problem michael coltrain has...he posts over on billiards digest and he can verify this. also a great guy and is willing to teach anybody that wants to learn......................mike.

gentleman789

Straight Pool Player
Silver Member

Eric, Tobias is an insanely talented and super smart, well-mannered kid. It was great getting to meet and play with him.

- Steve

I'm gonna have that printed out and hang it up my wall :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words Steve...:)

Tobi

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ha, those were good times indeed Jenny. Love the jeans. Wow.

Jay, on a nice night in 2009 I think, I finally broke 200. Ran a 207, and believe me I felt awkward about including myself on the list - even mentioned in one of the posts that I was well aware of the absurdity of labeling myself a 200-ball-runner since I only did it once and by 7 balls. I can only hope you believe me that it was not my purpose, when creating that list, to see my name up in lights like that. Still, the best pool compliment I ever got was from Ginky, and he said that I ran hundreds like a 200-ball-runner. That always meant the world to me.

The list itself was an interesting exercise because I wanted to get a true accounting of how common (or uncommon) the 200 ball run was. Any list involving "all-time" would be hopelessly incomplete, so in an attempt to fix that, the "must be alive" requirement was added. It hasn't been updated in a while but I think for a time we had a pretty good record of those who had done it.

- Steve
I wonder if I knew this and forgot. Not that it matters, but I now will have to retire the story of your previous high run...

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

- Steve

he is great!!!! and insanely talented is right. we played some one hole, i showed him a few basic things, i'd need 10/6 in a month from him and 12/5 in a year if has a good teacher.. he catches on fast. He will be a great player for sure for many years to come, he is just getting started. I really like him and respect him. were gonna be friends for a very long time, funny we met and ended up in action 15 minutes after we met on the street. we are a good team, his talent, my experience-pretty good.

Last edited:

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Hi Mike. Thanks for the info on Butch - it was definitely not intentional that he was left off... I'll try to update the list as soon as I have a chance. It's been a busy year :).

Hope you're doing great!

- Steve

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks steve......johnny ervalino once told me he never saw someone who could back cut a break shot like butch..................mike