Jack Hynes stories? (I know, I know)

Pnwguy23

I know this has been done to death--that's not why I'm posting this. This isn't an invitation for everyone to post the same old recollections of the guy. I'm posting this because I'm writing an essay about Jack, his life, his legend, his disappearance, and I'm very interested to actually talk to some folks who knew him, either by email, phone, chat, whatever works for you. So if anyone here is willing to be quoted for a piece that has a very small chance of actually being published (you'd be asked for permission beforehand if it ever was), shoot me a PM or reply to this thread. Thanks for everybody's patience!

--Bryan

KellyOH

Registered
I have plenty of stories about Jack.. I traveled with him for 4 months. I dont think its anything i would want in a book though, LOL

sizl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have plenty of stories about Jack.. I traveled with him for 4 months. I dont think its anything i would want in a book though, LOL

Welcome to the forum, Kelly

Would you consider sharing a few of your stories about Jack with our small little family here at AZ?

We are always looking for first hand stories of years gone by.

Look forward to hearing them!
Thanks!

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this has been done to death--that's not why I'm posting this. This isn't an invitation for everyone to post the same old recollections of the guy. I'm posting this because I'm writing an essay about Jack, his life, his legend, his disappearance, and I'm very interested to actually talk to some folks who knew him, either by email, phone, chat, whatever works for you. So if anyone here is willing to be quoted for a piece that has a very small chance of actually being published (you'd be asked for permission beforehand if it ever was), shoot me a PM or reply to this thread. Thanks for everybody's patience!

--Bryan

If thats the case, then you have to include that match Jack had with Earl in 1988 in ohio, man that was the best match ever.

I think the score was 10-9 Jack going to 11, Jack played a great safe (lock down safe) no way was earl going to hit the 7 ball, Earl didnt only hit the 7 he made it, then went on to win that match!

You could see on Jacks face how much that hurt him!

Iam sure someone on here will post that clip, i would but i have no idea how to do things like that!

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome to the forum, Kelly

Would you consider sharing a few of your stories about Jack with our small little family here at AZ?

We are always looking for first hand stories of years gone by.

Look forward to hearing them!
Thanks!

Yes, please do so, i know i cant hear enough of the older pool stories!

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If thats the case, then you have to include that match Jack had with Earl in 1988 in ohio, man that was the best match ever.

I think the score was 10-9 Jack going to 11, Jack played a great safe (lock down safe) no way was earl going to hit the 7 ball, Earl didnt only hit the 7 he made it, then went on to win that match!

You could see on Jacks face how much that hurt him!

Iam sure someone on here will post that clip, i would but i have no idea how to do things like that!

Jack told me that's the match that made him turn to the dark side..said up until that he was completely drug free.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He never did me wrong, but a friend of mine...

I myself don't have any really crazy stories but there was never a dull moment either.

When I was younger he came through town and I traded some taxi service (took him to the local tournaments and action spots) for some valuable lessons.

A few of my memories. I have never met anyone who could read people like he could. I don't remember ever seeing him in a bad mood. I don't think you could trust him as far as you could throw him but he still managed to talk his way into a ride.

He later went on the road with my friend and after a $4000 score the money disappeared while they were asleep. Jack claimed they were robbed.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
Jack told me that's the match that made him turn to the dark side..said up until that he was completely drug free.

He was living with a friend of mine at the time, he said Jack came home and turned into a hermit for a while and was never right after that.... Pool, and being the best, meant that much to Jack. They said when he first started playing he would be waiting at the front door to the poolroom to be the first person in and they would have to push him out the door at closing time, within a year they said Jack went from a banger to playing close to world class speed.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member

--Bryan

Bryan, have you read the long thread we had a while back on Jack? If not, you should. Do an adavanced search on Jack Hines (I believe that's how the OP spelled his name). Then you could see who posted what @ Jack and PM those posters.

Best of luck creating a worthy essay that gets published. Please share it with us.

tomgearhart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've known Jack most of my adult life. He lived and learned the game right here in Toledo, OH. If you want contact me, do so through this forum.

Best regards....Tom Gearhart

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He lived here in league city for a while. He had a friend named Carl who was managing an rv place here. Ha ha I know he walked in Walmart and rode a bike right out the front door. Ha ha but he was always fun to have around when he was here. Was at the pool room everyday for hours. Probably like 4 years ago.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jack Hines

About 2009 my wife adn I were sitting in Lefands, in Houston where he had entered the tournament.
Late on Saturday we ewere sittig at a tqable and most of us drinking and talking.
Jack walked up and had a seat adn someone offered him a drink, then another, another and so on.
Soon he was talking like he wasone of the worlds greats and bragging about his daysof chemical warfare. he kept saying over and over," I always lived in the present and never in the mystery." he repeated this oer and over.
Then he looked around and asked" Well, who is getting the net round"?
Bividt saud anthing and was hoping he would just go away.
So he asked again,"Who o is getting the next round"?
Nt wife had been pretty quiet, but says,"Welcome to the mystery"!
If looks could have killed she would have fallen over right then adn there.

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was living with a friend of mine at the time, he said Jack came home and turned into a hermit for a while and was never right after that.... Pool, and being the best, meant that much to Jack. They said when he first started playing he would be waiting at the front door to the poolroom to be the first person in and they would have to push him out the door at closing time, within a year they said Jack went from a banger to playing close to world class speed.

He said he was the black sheep of the family even before the drugs..family suppose to have money & got like doctors & lawyers for siblings according to him..said his mom asked him what he wanted to do for a living & he said be a pro pool player & they got him a top notch instructor n he got to his top speed in 2 years..I have no way of knowing if all that's true but that's what he told me when I was staking him & taking him around..We made some good scores tho...but man he can make you sweat it...plus damn near had to fight to get out the joints after we won the $$$ lol

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Frankly, I never get tired of the iguana story.

That was good. I liked the one about how he got banned from the Viking tour. The irony is the guy who banned him, Mike Janis, is banned here.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He lived here in league city for a while. He had a friend named Carl who was managing an rv place here. Ha ha I know he walked in Walmart and rode a bike right out the front door. Ha ha but he was always fun to have around when he was here. Was at the pool room everyday for hours. Probably like 4 years ago.

Thata was about thetime I ran into him again. he could be entertaining, but enough was definitely enough.