Ball banked hard to side pkt goes around out and in the corner?

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This used to happen pretty often on the old Valley Cougars. Anybody see it lately? Which table?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No.....but I have seen one nailed in a corner pocket come out and fall in the opposite side pocket one time. . And no...i was not the one shooting it lol

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
One bar I used to play at had old Dynamo 3x6 bar boxes. There wasn't a divider between the side pockets on the ball return system. So if you hit it in one side pocket hard enough with the correct spin, the ball would go in the pocket and through the ball return and shoot up on the other side. The first time it happened to me I was drawing the cue ball back to the rail and the object ball popped up underneath me and hit me under the chin.
post by OUSonner...12-20-2012

This used to happen pretty often on the old Valley Cougars. Anybody see it lately? Which table?

I have seen it on video...a Diamond, I believe...but I can't find the vid.

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
I have seen it on video...a Diamond, I believe...but I can't find the vid.

I did that a few weeks ago accidentally during league on a full size Diamond. Our team spent probably 30 minutes after it was over trying to do it again with no luck, of course by that time we are all pretty gassed :thumbup:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thats a little known old school road players one pocket shot.
usually used on the win ball
Oops i got lucky

wanna raise the bet?

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
What I want to know is how he got the masse on the two ball to make it pull back to the rail.:grin:

Oh that's the 'ol stroke- slip -stroke.

( Combination of the stroke slip and the slip stroke.)

Works even better with a little swipe thrown in there...

:rolleyes:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

That ball would count as being made. It was clearly off the table and out of play before reappearing on the other side. You shouldn't be penalized for a table defect.

On the other hand I've seen balls go down in a pocket and come back out (too many balls in the pocket already) and balls that go straight in get rejected (hit too hard and being slightly elevated when it hits the back of the pocket). And there have been instances of poorly cut pockets that simply rejected balls hit too hard. Unfortunately there is no cure for that one, except to shoot softer.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really no one remembers this happening?

Diamonds def have a ball return quirk.

Old leather pockets sagged and spit balls back.

As for poorly cut pockets anything is likely to happen.