I CANCELLED A SALE-REVIEW/Opinons/FEEDBACK PLEASE

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so it is OK to breach a contract if it involves a luxury item?

Kind of sounds like a cop out answer, doesn't it?

Deals are deals.

If you DON'T want to sell to first-time buyers or people with no trading rep, then state that in your sale thread.

The seller had NO "legitimate" reason for canceling the sale.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Here is some advice: if you enter into a contract, fulfill it.

All of the elements of a contract were there, and none of the disqualifying factors were present. You would be found in breach, in the very unlikely event this came to a legal adjudification. And it wouldn't be close.

Yup. And you'd be welcome to incur the expense of collecting?

Sometimes, people just like to get on their high horse about shiznitt that just doesn't matter in the end, and will give you high blood pressure, if you let it.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
borrowed from the funny pic/gif thread

Attachments

• meme-5.jpeg
    meme-5.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 369

BJTyler747

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But, before the playing starts. Or before the game that you're betting on starts. Happens all the time, and nobody generally thinks the guy who backs out before a ball is hit is a sh!tbird. And that's what the case really is. Even Judge Judy pretty much always give one party the option to pay the money back, or give up the goods. Usually doesn't make a difference to her, which is which.

Personally, I feel it's his transaction to cancel any time he sees fit, up to the time the cue is shipped, and for any reason. Nobody is "getting hurt" either way, as long as the payment is returned in full. So nobody in the future has anything whatsoever to be "leery" about with Duane, as long as he returns the money promptly.

Really, no one is getting hurt here. It's a pool cue. I don't judge you for being upset, but there's been plenty of times I called someone off Craigslist, told em I am on the way with the money, and the item is gone when I get there, and all I get is a "Sorry, man.. They had the money ready to go..." Dem's the breaks, sometimes. Oh, but I WILL say this....... Those who try to get the seller down on prices as a habit... DON'T be surprised if this happens to you a lot. If you had paid what he originally asked, 100% chance this thread does not occur. :-D

Either way, I hope it works out.

Let’s see you make a bet in the action room and then try to cancel just prior to the game starting. I’d like to see how long you remain on the good action list. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Btw ... although your legal scholarship is quite impressive, I’d suggest you take a refresher on contracts.

Last edited:

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member
" I do understand -
I trying to express I made an error ,
Again,
I've always tried to do right , honest , transactions- buying and selling

You tried, strange way to put it.

The BUYER took 100% of the risk after YOU the SELLER asked for payment on a deal YOU accepted, then you canceled the transaction obviously because you though you could get MORE cash that what you'd already agreed on. ( if this is wrong and you previously in this thread said it was YOUR mistake, why not reestablish the deal you screwed and sell him the cue at 575?)

I mean this is the truth, no matter how many old out of touch message board grampas come wheeling in to your defense.

Your seller rating should be dropped, and you should be suspended from the selling forums for 1 month.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Man,
that's all I was thinking-
I sell with friends and family I have no recourse-
AND I WAS WRONG!
That is all I was trying to do here in the thread THAT I STARTED"
-GET SOME ASSISTANCE/ADVICE IS ALL"
Thanks

After all the "assistance/advice" you've gotten on here and your admission that you were wrong in how you handled this transaction, plus strokecity's multiple offers to still purchase the cue through a fiend with 100% positive itrader, I'm not clear why you haven't responded to him yet. Would you like to explain that?

Last edited:

raistlinsdragon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After all the "assistance/advice" you've gotten on here and your admission that you were wrong in how you handled this transaction, plus strokecity's multiple offers to still purchase the cue through a fiend with 100% positive itrader, I'm not clear why you haven't responded to him yet. Would you like to explain that?

I think that would because he has already sold it for more than this buyer was paying.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup. And you'd be welcome to incur the expense of collecting?

Sometimes, people just like to get on their high horse about shiznitt that just doesn't matter in the end, and will give you high blood pressure, if you let it.

Gee, silly me, and here I thought he was asking about the rights and wrongs of the situation. But then I don't have your talents for spectacularly missing the point.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really? A guy says "I think" and you demand he be sure? Maybe that is why so many people don't think - they aren't sure of anything.
I asked that because it seems like half the people who've chimed in think the same thing. Like you said, they aren't sure of anything but they'll indict someone just the same.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I marked the cue SOLD in the original thread,
and Pm him to get payment-
"He's in California, I'm in Oklahoma-
just waiting to hear back.
He was at work as well as myself yesterday afternoon-
He pm last night,
I was already asleep"

****this thread right here reminds me of SEINFELD When GOEGE DECIDED TO PARK IN THE HANDICAPPED PARKING SPOT-
CAME OUT OF THE MALL AND HIS CAR WAS TRASHED :grin:
No worries here, No hard feelings-
Like I stated I had some bad information is all"
My transactions ALWAYS EXCELLENT DEALS AND GREAT SERVICE-
AWESOME FEEDBACK HERE and also EBAY-
BTW- I LIKE CAPS :thumbup:

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I marked the cue SOLD in the original thread,
and Pm him to get payment-
"He's in California, I'm in Oklahoma-
just waiting to hear back.
He was at work as well as myself yesterday afternoon-
He pm last night,
I was already asleep"

****this thread right here reminds me of SEINFELD When GOEGE DECIDED TO PARK IN THE HANDICAPPED PARKING SPOT-
CAME OUT OF THE MALL AND HIS CAR WAS TRASHED :grin:
No worries here, No hard feelings-
Like I stated I had some bad information is all"
My transactions ALWAYS EXCELLENT DEALS AND GREAT SERVICE-
AWESOME FEEDBACK HERE and also EBAY-
BTW- I LIKE CAPS :thumbup:

You’re a freaking moron. First you’re screwing PayPal over by asking for F&Fpayment. You received the money. Which through the F&F paying, the buyer has no recourse to get back ever. You could have never shipped the cue and the buyer would have been ****ed. But you got stupid. You had the money, with the buyer having zero options for recourse to get his money back. And made the stupid assumption that because he’s new, you’re going to get ****ed? When you had the money?

You’re a moron.
You’re a greedy two bit knucklehead.
You’re an unscrupulous seller.
You’re a piece of shit who ****ed someone over for no damned reason.
You’re pathetic and should be banned from this site.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You’re a freaking moron. First you’re screwing PayPal over by asking for F&Fpayment. You received the money. Which through the F&F paying, the buyer has no recourse to get back ever. You could have never shipped the cue and the buyer would have been ****ed. But you got stupid. You had the money, with the buyer having zero options for recourse to get his money back. And made the stupid assumption that because he’s new, you’re going to get ****ed? When you had the money?

You’re a moron.
Do you know how many F&F transactions for goods/services take place not just here but on sites all over the internet? "Banned from the site"?? Really? 104 A+ transactions and one that doesn't meet your lofty ideals and they're now a moron and pos?? Wow.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

You’re a moron.
I did send the pm of this thread to the azhousepro-
asking if I broke any rules and haven't heard back yet-
thanks for your post-
"just what I was looking for this morning