200+ Ball Runners

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Hey guys. I know some of you don't venture into the 14.1 forum much, but a question arose there about how many 200+ ball runners are currently alive. I'm trying to put together a list and would appreciate some help from any of you who might have some good knowledge on the subject.

I'm especially looking for help on the international players, but there are many people from the states who I can't move from the "possibles" list to the "confirmed" list until someone chimes in and can vouch for a run.

Living 200 + Runners

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Last edited:

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Heres another problem- who verified the run? Was it in practice or competition?

I know someone (Mickey/D&D?) had a list, but there were several suspect people, with dubious numbers, that made the list.

Eric

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Hey guys. I know some of you don't venture into the 14.1 forum much, but a question arose there about how many 200+ ball runners are currently alive. I'm trying to put together a list and would appreciate some help from any of you who might have some good knowledge on the subject.

I'm especially looking for help on the international players, but there are many people from the states who I can't move from the "possibles" list to the "confirmed" list until someone chimes in and can vouch for a run.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

John Schmidt Apr 12, 1973 400
Grady Mathews Jan 3, 1943 326
Frank McGown Sept 27, 1933 288
Danny DiLiberto Feb 19, 1935 308
Ed Kelly May 17, 1938 229
Dallas West Aug 21, 1941 420
Nick Varner May 15, 1948 337
Mike Sigel July 11, 1953 339
Earl Strickland June 8, 1961 406
Ralf Souquet Nov 29, 1968 285
Oliver Ortmann June 17, 1967 326
Thomas Engert Oct 23, 1965 491
Allen Hopkins Nov 18, 1951 410
Jim Rempe Nov 4, 1947 340
Johnny Archer Nov 12, 1968 200
Jimmy Fusco July 5, 1948 216
Pat Fleming Nov 30, 1948 209
Thorsten Hohmann July 14, 1979 404
Pete Margo Oct 8, 1944 330
Bobby Hunter May 19, 1953 225
Danny Harriman Nov 1, 1972 236
Tom Storm Mar 18, 1965 269
Lou Butera May 15, 1937 267
Leil "JR" Gay June 18, 1958 313
Jose Garcia Apr 8, 1955 332
Marcus Chamet May 6, 1975 204
Alex Lely June 3, 1973 272
Jim Marino Sept 13, 1947 267
George Rood Nov 11, 1914 280
Mika Immonen Dec 17, 1972 267
Danny Barouty Mar 19, 1956 287
George SanSouci Aug 8, 1971 252
Tony Robles Apr 1, 1966 267
Niels Feijen Feb 3, 1977 259
Nick Van den Berg May 24, 1980 257
Daryl Peach Aug 3, 1972 273
Vilmos Foldes Dec 16, 1984 259
Mike Massey Apr 9, 1947 224

***Edited to add that I left plent of space between the names, D.O.B.'s and HRs but when it posted, they all run together. I tried spacing them out farther but to no avail. Sorry for the sloppy way it reads.

Last edited:

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Dick Lane has run over 200. I forget the exact # now - close to 300 or 400. Wow, that's big difference. :embarrassed2: Sorry I can't recall.

billbOK

Slow day
Silver Member

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Here are some for you.

Florian Hammer, GER 236
Ralph Eckert, GER 218
Christoph Reintjes, GER 256
Andreas Roschkowski, GER 237
Marko Vogel, GER 283
Kasper Thygesen, DEN 208
Jurgen Jenisy, AUT 210
Maximillian Lechner, AUT 294
Cetin Aslan, AUT 207
Artem Koshovyi, UKR 248
Philipp Stojanovic, CRO 210
Roman Hybler, CZE 279

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
Here are some for you.

Florian Hammer, GER 236
Ralph Eckert, GER 218
Marko Vogel, GER 283
Kasper Thygesen, DEN 208
Jurgen Jenisy, AUT 210
Cetin Aslan, AUT 207
Artem Koshovyi, UKR 248
Roman Hybler, CZE 279

Thank you all! This is great stuff. Melinda, I already had Dick Lane on the list. He is a tremendous player.

Eric, I understand and agree. My goal with the list is that it will be very comprehensive, and as such, there's bound to be some names on it that might not have actually done it. I don't see much way around that because if we try to get into the verification game, a whole bunch of new problems get introduced.

- Steve

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
Here are some for you.

Florian Hammer, GER 236
Ralph Eckert, GER 218
Marko Vogel, GER 283
Kasper Thygesen, DEN 208
Jurgen Jenisy, AUT 210
Cetin Aslan, AUT 207
Artem Koshovyi, UKR 248
Roman Hybler, CZE 279

Oh Bill, I just have to ask - do you have some level of knowledge of these players and would guess that all are capable of producing these runs?

Thanks,
Steve

billbOK

Slow day
Silver Member
Oh Bill, I just have to ask - do you have some level of knowledge of these players and would guess that all are capable of producing these runs?

Thanks,
Steve

Yep Steve!

I've seen most of them playing in person and yes I guess they are really capable of running such runs. :thumbup:

billbOK

Slow day
Silver Member
Thanks billbOK, I hadn't heard he upped his HR.

Do you happen to have Nicco Otterman's, Dimitri Jungo's, Stephen Cohen's or Alexander Dremsizis's HR's?

I have some;)

Otterman is around 160
Dimitri's high run is 170 or something like that
Stephan Cohen did a 344 in 2008
Alexander Dremsizis I don't know

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
I have some;)

Otterman is around 160
Dimitri's high run is 170 or something like that
Stephan Cohen did a 344 in 2008
Alexander Dremsizis I don't know

Thanks again!

I have Dimitri's at 170, but I figured he may have upped that by now.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Maybe I'm a little paranoid, posting my concern. Some of the keys to identity theft is name, date of birth, social security number.

Is it necessary to post everyone's date of birth, especially on a public forum, viewable around the world. For this list, including date of birth, wouldn't simply listing month and year be sufficient?

billbOK

Slow day
Silver Member
Thanks again!

I have Dimitri's at 170, but I figured he may have upped that by now.

You are welcome Terry.

That is possible, but I know that Dimitri didn't play much straight pool. I will ask if I meet him.
Did you know that he won the European 14.1 Title last year? He won over Ortman in the semi final and Feijen in the final.

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Maybe I'm a little paranoid, posting my concern. Some of the keys to identity theft is name, date of birth, social security number.

Is it necessary to post everyone's date of birth, especially on a public forum, viewable around the world. For this list, including date of birth, wouldn't simply listing month and year be sufficient?

Their birthdays are pretty much common knowledge. They're listed in multiple locations, including the internet and Pool publications. Granted, they're not all in one big list all the time, but it's been my habit to post up the D.O.B.'s because several members have requested that type of info.
Lot's of pool stats are available if you just look around.

I understand the point you're trying to make. But their info is out there in lots of places.

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Thank you for listening to my concern. Just don't want to make it easy for someone sitting at a Internet cafe in Lagos, Nigeria.

This thread has different high run numbers for some of the people on your list.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=25176

It doesn't surprise me that some numbers are different, for a number of reasons.
1. There is NO CONCERN, whatsoever, from the pool governing bodies. The BCA could care less about even having an enshrinement for their H.O.F.'ers, which, by the way, they stopped doing for budget reasons (I wonder if they cut their salaries as well to really trim the budget?) let alone in keeping accurate pool records. They could care less about HR's and other pool stats. It's just a business to them. My evidence for that statement is just look at how the pro player in America is treated by the BCA. They even cancelled the annual 9 Ball tournament they once held.

2. Lots of players have a high run that they best or better some time after their previous one has been noted. Unfortunately, when that occurs, it's not always easy to find out about.

3. Personally speaking, I've asked many of the players on my list what their HR is. Some of them have had several years pass since I've last spoken to them. My standard rule is that if I can't hear it from the player himself, I need to see it in printed form somewhere or from someone who I know to be reputable in stat keeping, such as SJM or Roy Steffensen.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know it for a fact but I'm guessing Ray Martin, 3 time world 14.1 champion, has run 200.

Another guy from St Louis, author of the book History of "History of billiards" is Bill Hendricks. He is no spring chicken but as far as I know he is still living. Don't know exactly what his high run is be he ran over 200.

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
I don't know it for a fact but I'm guessing Ray Martin, 3 time world 14.1 champion, has run 200.

Another guy from St Louis, author of the book History of "History of billiards" is Bill Hendricks. He is no spring chicken but as far as I know he is still living. Don't know exactly what his high run is be he ran over 200.

I don't know how I missed Mr Martin but I have him at 382. Good catch alstl!!