Some Updates

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Jon Smith beat Mika, about 100-86. Smith is 3-0 and is looking good to get through his insanely difficult bracket.

Sigel beat Mika on the TV table, running 102 I think, possibly fouling during the run and not calling himself on it. I didn't see it.

Dave Daya ran 93ish against Thorsten on his way to beating him. Daya later beat Gerda.

On a personal note, I am 2-1, in decent shape to get through the round robin. I am very impressed with L.L. Wen's game, who is in my bracket. Real smooth.

Tony Robles beat Dan Heidrich in a close one. Tony was losing to Johnny Fulcher on the TV table when I left for the evening.

Barouty is 3-0, playing well.

Try to post some more tomorrow...

- Steve

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lo Li Wen finished 2nd at the US Open 10-ball this year, his first ever tourney outside asia....he sure is a killer ! Watch out for that guy he will do some damage...

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Jon Smith beat Mika, about 100-86. Smith is 3-0 and is looking good to get through his insanely difficult bracket.

Sigel beat Mika on the TV table, running 102 I think, possibly fouling during the run and not calling himself on it. I didn't see it.

Dave Daya ran 93ish against Thorsten on his way to beating him. Daya later beat Gerda.

On a personal note, I am 2-1, in decent shape to get through the round robin.

- Steve

Smith is doing great. I wonder if Mika is going to make it through.

I saw the hit and thought "foul" as soon as he hit it. I texted Jeff Mohl who was sitting there and he thought it was a foul too. Danny D said it was a foul. Mika should have called a ref. Some of the older players think if they jack up a little it is ok.

Daya looked pretty confident against Thorsten. I think he was undefeated in Round Robin play two years ago.

Good Luck in your two remaining matches. I'd like to get a chance to watch Stevie Patterns at work when I get there this weekend.:)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just heard Max is thru his group...after he let that scrub Ortmann beat him!

I am kidding, Oliver knows a couple things.

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
Barouty won his group. Landon had a tough couple of final matches and didn't make it. It was Danny, Karabotsos and See from that group.

My group was me, Vandenberg, and Wen. Wen won a nailbiter against Chamberlain to keep me in. More on that later.

Ortmann, Eberle, and Daniel Smith got through in their bracket.

The Immonen bracket was lunacy, with Mika sneaking by Jonathan thanks to Sigel beating Jonathan 100 to -1. Zion was the third player to get through there.

Charlie, Ralf Eckert, and Earl Herring got through in theirs.

Daya, Hohmann, and either Wilkie or Gerda.

Stefan Cohen and Jasmine got through. Not sure who else was in that group.

Robles, Archer, and the winner of Heidrich and Fulcher, which I'll have the result for soon.

Post more in a bit...

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
Also want to give props to our own Chris Lynch, who beat Nick Vandenberg convincingly with a 57-and-out. How strong is that?

- Steve

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
Here are the brackets for tomorrow's play.

BracketPart2.jpg

BracketPart1.jpg

- Steve

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's interesting to see that each of the eight groups had one player who went undefeated. Those eight players were seeded into the eight bye positions based on the total number of points their opponents scored. Here are the results for that:

1. Archer..........59
2. Sigel...........121
3. Daya..........151
4. Wen...........192
5. Ouschan......199
6. Barouty.......226
7. Eckert.........237
8. Ortmann......251

- Archer's opponents averaged 12 points!
- Sigel gave up only 32 points in total to four opponents, but 89 to Zvi.
- Defending champ Cohen gave up only 150 points in his five matches, and 100 of them were to Ouschan.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
It's interesting to see that each of the eight groups had one player who went undefeated. Those eight players were seeded into the eight bye positions based on the total number of points their opponents scored. Here are the results for that:

1. Archer..........59
2. Sigel...........121
3. Daya..........151
4. Wen...........192
5. Ouschan......199
6. Barouty.......226
7. Eckert.........237
8. Ortmann......251

- Archer's opponents averaged 12 points!
- Sigel gave up only 32 points in total to four opponents, but 89 to Zvi.
- Defending champ Cohen gave up only 150 points in his five matches, and 100 of them were to Ouschan.

I don't know how it will end up, but right now we have the player of the decade for the 90's and the player of the decade for the 80's on top. Though it's very unlikely to happen, I would love the see Johnny and Mike play in the final.

eddiethelock

Locksmith
Silver Member
All in all total balls pocketed was 217 in a tough bracket and had a blast, would do it again every week if I could. God bless America

World 14.1

Mr. Lipsky, thanks for the updates. I think I may buy the feed for today. Does anybody know what matches they will put on? I would love to see Mika and Captain Hook play again. Seigel is amazing, showing these young guns alot. That match alone would be worth the price of admission.

Michael Fedak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve,
Thanks for the updates. Even some of us who were there couldn't untangle the final results for everyone. Really appreciate the effort.

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It could be the Mike and Mika show again at 3.30.

Regarding that questionable foul in which the referee wasn't present to call it, even the replay was inconclusive. According to AZB, ""I believe that was a foul", Diliberto said during the commentary. The shot was replayed a few times for the filming, but no true conclusion was formed."

Last edited: