Sigel / Archer challenge 14.1 match

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Just started. After a miss each, Sigel is at the table down 16-12.

You can watch live at go4pool.net.

I spoke too soon... Sigel misses a hanger with an open table.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Is this a recording, Steve? I'm looking at Amsterdam 1. If I refresh the page the match starts over. I don't think I see a live link. Whatever, thanks for the link.

Wow, if Mike could bottle that opening break I'd by a case for sure! I keep refreshing to watch it over again. He definitely is using low left.

Last edited:

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
Johnny breaks, makes a couple, and catches bad scratch.

Sigel misses BIH. Johnny is left with no shot. Not quite top-shelf pool yet haha. Johnny tries tough shot in side, misses. Sigel is left tough. Safe, safe. Sigel at table. Closes to a good breakable. 32-23 Sigel.

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
Nice out. Sigel up 47-23. Which of course is impossible because there was a foul, but neither player seems too familiar with the beads lol.

Sigel scratches on secondary breakable.

I take that back. Both players definitely have no idea how to use the beads. 57-29 Sigel. Archer at table.

Yes, after three fouls, they are claing they have 86 points at the start of a rack. :|

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
Sigel runs some, then gets stuck on breakshot. Tries aggressive safe, archer makes good shot. Archer at tbl but Sigel up 83-30.

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
Johnny has wide open table after break and babies a ball into the side. It doesn't make it to the pocket. Sigel at tbl up about 85-56.

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
Sigel still running. Gets bad on key ball and has to leave cue in rack for breakshot. Makes nice break shot but gets stuck on fairly simple layout. He should remember Johnny is on a foul, which he just did. Taps cueball.

My phone is at 4% so not sure I'll finish the game.

Archer leaves Sigel long cut... Sigel starting his act... Shooting it... Act continues... Shooting... Makes it! Sigel up 113-57 and shooting with open tbl.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Justice, thanks for letting me know the stream is archived. Funny commentary by Andrew Kane, and Danny Barouty. Both are up and coming players in the new york pool scene. :)

Johnny Archer and Mike Sigel are scheduled to match up again at 9 pm for a race to 9 in 9-ball. I believe its the same URL for the stream.

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any chance we can see the video off uStream, because it is real choppy on my end ? maybe a Vimeo upload ?

thanks for the post
-Steve

I'm not enough of a computer geek to answer that question. Maybe somebody else can answer it.

Great match. Sigel played a smart safe and ran out from there after Archer played a not so smart safe. It's a shame 14.1 isn't more popular, we get 2 or 3 live streams every weekend but rarely 14.1.