Palmerfan and Jay Helfert - High Run list

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
I'm not on the forum much at all anymore but I just noticed a thread on Danny Harriman's big run where Palmerfan used some high run list that he credited to me, and Jay saw some missing names, and then Palmerfan said to blame the author. :)

Just want to clear my name - the only list I remember doing was a list of verified, living 200-ball-plus runners. None of those names Jay mentioned would have been eligible, and beyond that, the exact list Palmerfan showed had a bunch of guys who weren't living. Maybe someone posted that list in my thread, but it didn't come from me.

Thanks,
Steve

P.S. Apologies in advance if I actually posted a list like this in 1998 or something haha.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not on the forum much at all anymore but I just noticed a thread on Danny Harriman's big run where Palmerfan used some high run list that he credited to me, and Jay saw some missing names, and then Palmerfan said to blame the author. :)

Just want to clear my name - the only list I remember doing was a list of verified, living 200-ball-plus runners. None of those names Jay mentioned would have been eligible, and beyond that, the exact list Palmerfan showed had a bunch of guys who weren't living. Maybe someone posted that list in my thread, but it didn't come from me.

Thanks,
Steve

P.S. Apologies in advance if I actually posted a list like this in 1998 or something haha.

What's you high run Steve?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks,
Steve

It's be hard to read a post on this forum from 1998. :wink:

You were recently tagged in my photo as being in the background with Nick Shulman. What a small world it is sometimes, especially in the pool world! :)

Attachments

• 972358_10151501884473020_2106619759_n.jpg
    972358_10151501884473020_2106619759_n.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 708

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's be hard to read a post on this forum from 1998. :wink:

You were recently tagged in my photo as being in the background with Nick Shulman. What a small world it is sometimes, especially in the pool world! :)

Jen, Are those cigarette ashes, all over Keith's black shirt ?..(not that theres anything wrong with that)..:grin:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jen, Are those cigarette ashes, all over Keith's black shirt ?..(not that theres anything wrong with that)..:grin:

It's actually his lucky black sparkle shirt. I can see how they look like cigarette ashes, but they are actually sparkles that are flashing in the camera. :smile:

Funny story about how we got this shirt in Goldsboro, NC while attending the Carolinas Open. :D

Here he is wearing it again at Mika's pool room near Valley Forge in 2005. Didn't bring him much luck, though, at this pool romo. Lost two sets for a nickel. :eek:

I hope to see Keith wearing his lucky black sparkle shirt later this year. :cool:

To get back on track of the thread, I wonder what Mika's high score is in straight pool!

Attachments

• Keith Mika Jose Valley Forge 2004.jpg
    Keith Mika Jose Valley Forge 2004.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 692

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
But the taller guy is Neils Feijen, aint it? Lipsky is in the back, on the right.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But the taller guy is Nils Feign, aint it? Lipsky is in the back, on the right.

Yes, that is right. Nick is smoking the ciggie between Niels and Keith's heads, and Steve is to the right! :)

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
Ha, those were good times indeed Jenny. Love the jeans. Wow.

Jay, on a nice night in 2009 I think, I finally broke 200. Ran a 207, and believe me I felt awkward about including myself on the list - even mentioned in one of the posts that I was well aware of the absurdity of labeling myself a 200-ball-runner since I only did it once and by 7 balls. I can only hope you believe me that it was not my purpose, when creating that list, to see my name up in lights like that. Still, the best pool compliment I ever got was from Ginky, and he said that I ran hundreds like a 200-ball-runner. That always meant the world to me.

The list itself was an interesting exercise because I wanted to get a true accounting of how common (or uncommon) the 200 ball run was. Any list involving "all-time" would be hopelessly incomplete, so in an attempt to fix that, the "must be alive" requirement was added. It hasn't been updated in a while but I think for a time we had a pretty good record of those who had done it.

- Steve

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jay, on a nice night in 2009 I think, I finally broke 200. Ran a 207, and believe me I felt awkward about including myself on the list - even mentioned in one of the posts that I was well aware of the absurdity of labeling myself a 200-ball-runner since I only did it once and by 7 balls. I can only hope you believe me that it was not my purpose, when creating that list, to see my name up in lights like that. Still, the best pool compliment I ever got was from Ginky, and he said that I ran hundreds like a 200-ball-runner. That always meant the world to me.

The list itself was an interesting exercise because I wanted to get a true accounting of how common (or uncommon) the 200 ball run was. Any list involving "all-time" would be hopelessly incomplete, so in an attempt to fix that, the "must be alive" requirement was added. It hasn't been updated in a while but I think for a time we had a pretty good record of those who had done it.

- Steve

Steve your name popped up on the rail here in Germany a few nights ago-not bad huh? They said "yeah he is one hell of a player".

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
Thank you Eric... you just truly made my day. Those German straight pool champions are not just great players but they are, to a one, spectacular people.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Eric... you just truly made my day. Those German straight pool champions are not just great players but they are, to a one, spectacular people.

they sure are, glad i made you smile, Gods honest truth. Tobi said it, we were talking about 14.1, he was telling me who he played, he said you "are one hell of a player", he plays sporty too.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve, look at it this way. John Schmidt has run 400, but only once or twice, yet we call him Mr. 400. He earned it by doing it.

Likewise, you earned it. Steve "Mr. 200" Lipsky has a nice ring to it. :smile:

TX Poolnut <---- Todd "Mr. 45" Riley :embarrassed2:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve, look at it this way. John Schmidt has run 400, but only once or twice, yet we call him Mr. 400. He earned it by doing it.

Likewise, you earned it. Steve "Mr. 200" Lipsky has a nice ring to it. :smile:

TX Poolnut <---- Todd "Mr. 45" Riley :embarrassed2:

Hi my name is Fatboy you can call me "Mr. 6"<------sad truth, my one pocket high run is double my 14.1 hi run, who else can say that?:eek:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

- Steve

Coming from a guy who has never run 100 balls, you are a Pool God to me.
I did run 72 once to get the cash! :thumbup:

Palmerfan

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member

Thanks,
Steve

Steve I'm thinking (and hoping) you were kidding when you said - that I said to blame the author.I clarified by saying I cut and pasted from your list of 200+ ball runners and then re-clarified that it was a list of "living" 200+ ball runners, which is why I took Ginky off. Here is your thread in June 2010 that I used.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=189968&highlight=living+ball+runners

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks,
Steve

However he did remove Ginky because he did not live up to his Holier than now standards