Thorpe Vs Shaw

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's 48 minutes past starting time- They have both been in the arena for at least 15 minutes. Other matches in the same round have started. Why the F isnt this match starting?

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's 48 minutes past starting time- They have both been in the arena for at least 15 minutes. Other matches in the same round have started. Why the F isnt this match starting?

The previous TV table match ended late, that’s all.

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks-No way will i be able to stay awake for 10:30 match now unless JS runs out the set.

Maybe you could stay up later if you didn't waste so much time and energy posting this nonsense. Do you really think anyone cares when you 're done for the night? Nurse.....

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shaw wins 11-8!

It really didn't look that close, with Billy not getting loose until he trailed 10-5. Shaw plays a game most pool players are unfamiliar with. He makes long hard shots look routine and he combines his power game with a soft touch when necessary. Shaw is a monster, certainly one of the best there is currently. He is all business at the table, in total control at all times. He is never indecisive and his decision making is near flawless. Jayson is the total package! He is brimming with confidence and fully commits on all shots. I don't care who you're talking about. I see no one who I could call a favorite over this man!

Now on to Jeremy Jones. What a wonderful commentator he is, with a great clear voice and a stream of consciousness style that is unmatched in the pool world. Listening to him is like you are getting a look into the mind of a great player while he's shooting. What's amazing is that he never has to concoct anything. Jeremy can boil it all down to a couple of sentences and you get the entire picture of what the possibilities are on any given shot. And it all flows out of his mouth effortlessly. I could listen to him all day! What a Godsend he is to the pool world. He can work every match and I'd be happy.

I want to give a shout out to Ed Liddawi (spellcheck pls), who ref'd the last part of the match. He made a mistake last night and was man enough to admit it, and then he came back tonight and got right back in there. I can see he is a good ref, just had a momentary lapse, which can happen to anyone. I think he learned a good lesson last night. Jump shots can be very tricky and skinning the ball can and does happen. I've seen object balls touched so lightly that they don't move at all, just barely quiver a tiny bit. If you aren't paying close attention you will miss it. I've called hits, both good and bad, that neither player saw! But that's my job and I take it seriously.

It was nice to see my friend Ken Shuman out there as well. Besides doing a good job announcing the matches, he is an extremely good referee. You will rarely, if ever, see him out of position.

Bottom line, Shaw is gonna be tough to beat. He looks like a man on a mission that won't settle for anything less than first place.

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw wins 11-8!

It really didn't look that close, with Billy not getting loose until he trailed 10-5. Shaw plays a game most pool players are unfamiliar with. He makes long hard shots look routine and he combines his power game with a soft touch when necessary. Shaw is a monster, certainly one of the best there is currently. He is all business at the table, in total control at all times. He is never indecisive and his decision making is near flawless. Jayson is the total package! He is brimming with confidence and fully commits on all shots. I don't care who you're talking about. I see no one who I could call a favorite over this man!

Now on to Jeremy Jones. What a wonderful commentator he is, with a great clear voice and a stream of consciousness style that is unmatched in the pool world. Listening to him is like you are getting a look into the mind of a great player while he's shooting. What's amazing is that he never has to concoct anything. Jeremy can boil it all down to a couple of sentences and you get the entire picture of what the possibilities are on any given shot. And it all flows out of his mouth effortlessly. I could listen to him all day! What a Godsend he is to the pool world. He can work every match and I'd be happy.

I want to give a shout out to Ed Liddawi (spellcheck pls), who ref'd the last part of the match. He made a mistake last night and was man enough to admit it, and then he came back tonight and got right back in there. I can see he is a good ref, just had a momentary lapse, which can happen to anyone. I think he learned a good lesson last night. Jump shots can be very tricky and skinning the ball can and does happen. I've seen object balls touched so lightly that they don't move at all, just quiver a teeny tiny bit. If you aren't paying close attention you will miss it. I've called hits, both good and bad, that neither player saw! But that's my job and I take it seriously.

It was nice to see my friend Ken Shuman out there as well. Besides doing a good job announcing the matches, he is an extremely good referee. You will rarely, if ever, see him out of position.

Bottom line, Shaw is gonna be tough to beat. He looks like a man on a mission that won't settle for anything less than first place.
Double J best commentator in the business as far as i am concerned his knowledge of all pool games is at the expert level.

And his ability to convey all that knowledge and experience into words is amazing.

And he is one of the really good guys in the pool world and still a great player.

22256672_1827197410643675_571635303782752091_o.jpg

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This will be under an hour even if it goes 10-10.

You thought they'd average less than 3 min. per game? :yikes:

Actual result = 4.6.

[Quickest on stream so far at this year's Open = 4.1 min./game for Schmidt vs. Cicero]

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis is going to rip up his adoption papers and never call you Dad again.

Shaw wins 11-8!

I want to give a shout out to Ed Liddawi (spellcheck pls), who ref'd the last part of the match. He made a mistake last night and was man enough to admit it, and then he came back tonight and got right back in there. I can see he is a good ref, just had a momentary lapse, which can happen to anyone. I think he learned a good lesson last night. Jump shots can be very tricky and skinning the ball can and does happen. I've seen object balls touched so lightly that they don't move at all, just barely quiver a tiny bit. If you aren't paying close attention you will miss it. I've called hits, both good and bad, that neither player saw! But that's my job and I take it seriously.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You thought they'd average less than 3 min. per game? :yikes:

Actual result = 4.6.

[Quickest on stream so far at this year's Open = 4.1 min./game for Schmidt vs. Cicero]

That safety battle for the 2 ball in the rack when it was 6-2 (I think) must have thrown off their average. That rack seemed like a timeout from the rest of them.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
maybe you could stay up later if you didn't waste so much time and energy posting this nonsense. Do you really think anyone cares when you 're done for the night? Nurse.....

...deleted

Last edited: