APA 8 ball league fees

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For comparison... I play in two leagues (not APA) in my area. There are no greens fees and 100% of the $10/match comes back as cash prizes at the end of the season.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is pretty messed up.

Why do you say that ? from what I recall there was a shortage of patches for whatever reason.

Our lo decided to come up with this promo so people would request to enter this drawing in lieu of receiving patches.

You di the math . Pay for a truck load of patches for several hundred people over a years time or pay for o e lucky person to go to Vegas singles

I don't recall how many times I entered the drawing but I requested about half pat he's and half drawings

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Why do you say that ? from what I recall there was a shortage of patches for whatever reason.

Our lo decided to come up with this promo so people would request to enter this drawing in lieu of receiving patches.

You di the math . Pay for a truck load of patches for several hundred people over a years time or pay for o e lucky person to go to Vegas singles

I don't recall how many times I entered the drawing but I requested about half pat he's and half drawings

They had to mine more in the Middle East, the price of patches is dropping on the Exchange

AceAngeles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont remember the dollar amount we received in 2013 as I just told the lo to make all arrangements for us

We got 6 round trip plane tickets....2 had to be rescheduled at an extra cost.
4 rooms for 6 days
550. 00 cash after all arrangements

350.00 from the national office once we arrived in vegas

I guess everyone gets $350 per team once you arrive in Vegas from the league office What state are you located in?. How many tickets are given representing how many teams from your LO's area?

AceAngeles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Unbelievable. The league operator here is charging $2 a patch, he gets the money in advance, and then there is no stock of patches which he apparently receives for free.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess everyone gets $350 per team once you arrive in Vegas from the league office What state are you located in?. How many tickets are given representing how many teams from your LO's area?

Just saw your post

In Tennessee

What type of tickets are you asking about ?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
FWIW, almost every in-house league or local league are able to offer better returns than the APA league. Cash prizes at the end of the season, and options of trips to Las Vegas (BCA & ACS Nationals).

When I played double jeopardy in APA it was $22 a night for both matches. Playing Team 8-ball in my local pool hall I pay $16 for a race to 3 in 8-ball & race to 4 in 9-ball. So in my instance, APA is not always less expensive.

For comparison... I play in two leagues (not APA) in my area. There are no greens fees and 100% of the $10/match comes back as cash prizes at the end of the season.