USA Table Tennis Athlete and Hollywood actor with pics of my Cog and other cues...

Navin323i

Parkinson's Warrior
Hello my new friends,

I wanted to introduce myself and share pics of my new Cognoscenti Players Cue in straight grain natural maple color that I recently acquired directly from Joe Gold (great guy!)

Long story made short... I'm a 5 time open heart surgery survivor with mechanical heart components made of carbon fiber and got diagnosed 6 years ago with young onset Parkinson's Disease 6 years ago at the age of 39. In spite of my health issues, I got back into my childhood sport of table tennis and wound up now representing the USA for table tennis as history's first athlete to actively compete with Parkinson's on the Olympic level. I'm also an avid pool player but have been away from the game since around 2005, but getting back into shooting pool now as staying physically active has been the key for me to conquer my Parkinson's, along with taking medicine.

I recently made my Hollywood debut in a movie that is expected to be released in theaters nationwide this fall and the movie is called "Attack of the Unknown" and stars Richard Grieco and Tara Reid. I play the SWAT Team police officer in charge of driving the SWAT van and this was a speaking part as well. Amazing experience and I will be continuing to act in movies. I'm including pictures below of my cues and my official movie poster. You can check out my official Hollywood IMDB webpage as well (google Navin P. Kumar). I have also attached an official movie poster from the movie.

It's my hope to inspire people to not let their struggles in life stop them from achieving their dreams and it all starts with having a positive attitude. :thumbup:

Cues pictured from left to right -

- Runde Era Schon R5 (searching for an original Runde era shaft with silver rings and Micarta ferrule)
- Cognoscenti Players Cue in Natural Straight Grain Maple Color - LOVE this cue and it's simple looking at first glance but noticeably beautiful-looking with the sterling silver rings and beautiful maple grain.
- Bob Frey 4 point cue with ebony points, light ebony stain that I acquired directly from Bob back in 2003. (gave this cue to my daughter to keep)

Attachments

• Navin1a.jpg
    Navin1a.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 402
  • Navin2.jpg
    Navin2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 401
  • Navin3a.jpg
    Navin3a.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 396