Best nine ball player ever top speed

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can put Chris Bartram, a so-called "young gun," on one table alongside Keith McCready, a so-called "old-school player" who hasn't hit a ball in 4 years, and I can guarantee you whose table will have the most railbirds. :wink:

Most people today enjoy a little personality. That is a trait that Keith and Alex both have when it comes to playing pool. :)

Sometimes, Chris, it's not about how good you hit 'em; it's how you hit 'em. That just might be one thing that today's younger generation could gain from. Look at the United States' representation in the world championship this year. How many representatives do we have?

Enjoy your pool career, Chris, while you have it. I hope when you grow old that you enjoy the memories because that's all you got when it comes to pool. There's no reward, no respect, nothing.

Ain't that the truth!!

Keith was special. If you have never seen him, you really, really missed out. On a bartable, heavy cueball, he was unbeatable. For a serious stretch, at that.

I'll never forget the crowds that was ganged arond the tables watching-listening to Keith at the IPT Reno event. It was just crazy, I couldn't get close enough to get any good photos. People were just mobbed around him.

He played the crowd like a fiddle....and, the table as well.

He's got my respect.

mountainlion

Registered
baltimore "buddy" dennis

Anybody know how to reach buddy? he was a good friend of mine over thirty five years back. we played in ocean city, maryland - home of three
fingers "ronnie sypher" - who could beat anybody on 3.5 x 7 bar table with the big rock and played well on reg tables too.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Sherm, for the kind words about Keith.

One thing about pool I've discovered over the years, there's no respect among its peers, especially the younger generation.

In golf, as an example, the old timers receive a great deal of respect from the younger generation. Not so in pool. It's a shame.

If the player can't run 10 racks anymore or isn't putting money in somebody else's pockets, they're labeled has-beens as if they can't run three balls. What's worse is when some young whipper-snapper speaks about subject matters that they truly have no capability of knowing anything about.

This environment and atmosphere in pool is one reason I have no desire to ever attend a pool event in my life again. I may have to do it for Keith someday, but it won't be because I want to go anymore.[/QUOTE

Well the pool world misses U 2 , It was not that long ago I watched Keith put a 7pack on Danny green, at the orange ball ,when he is in the grove there are not many who shoot as well and there certainly was no one more entertaining, hell just watching Kieth and Ryan McCreesh argue about racking was worth the price of admission I remember the first thought I had when tiger pool changed their rules to no talking, was how it took away that showmanship and entertainment u get from Kieth , and a few others , boy I miss the good old days:(

onestroke

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well the pool world misses U 2 , It was not that long ago I watched Keith put a 7pack on Danny green, at the orange ball ,when he is in the grove there are not many who shoot as well and there certainly was no one more entertaining, hell just watching Kieth and Ryan McCreesh argue about racking was worth the price of admission I remember the first thought I had when tiger pool changed their rules to no talking, was how it took away that showmanship and entertainment u get from Kieth , and a few others , boy I miss the good old days:(

onestroke

I haven't seen Danny in a long time. I love watching him in the pool room. He's a funny bunny. :grin-square:

Looks like all the pool rooms in our area are closing down. Not very many places for action. I've been to the Champions in Frederick during the IPT era, and it is an absolutely gorgeous place, but it seems more like a bar than a pool room. I actually like the pool rooms that don't serve alcohol, but there aren't any of those around. After all, they have to make a profit, and booze sells. :)

We're going to PA later this month. Hope to hit a few spots en route to our destination. It will be a good warm-up for KM to hit some. I'm actually kind of looking forward to the road trip and having my food served to me in restaurants. Man, I never thought I'd miss that, but cooking and cleaning and working is ragging me out. :(

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
You can put Chris Bartram, a so-called "young gun," on one table alongside Keith McCready, a so-called "old-school player" who hasn't hit a ball in 4 years, and I can guarantee you whose table will have the most railbirds. :wink:

Most people today enjoy a little personality. That is a trait that Keith and Alex both have when it comes to playing pool. :)

Pool suffers in popularity today because it's not a good spectator sport. Nobody wants to sweat an 8-hour session on TV, on the Internet, or in person, unless they're betting on it. :grin-square:

Sometimes, Chris, it's not about how good you hit 'em; it's how you hit 'em. That just might be one thing that today's younger generation could gain from. Look at the United States' representation in the world championship this year. How many representatives do we have?

Enjoy your pool career, Chris, while you have it. I hope when you grow old that you enjoy the memories because that's all you got when it comes to pool. There's no reward, no respect, nothing.

why dont you put us on the same table and play.
i dont think either of us have been playing.
i was never a champ and know it so he should rob me.
but ill gamble and try him some.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why dont you put us on the same table and play.
i dont think either of us have been playing.
i was never a champ and know it so he should rob me.
but ill gamble and try him some.

A little delayed reaction, Chris? Or maybe you're just bored and trying to yank some chains? :)

I have been reading about your busy pool life, playing all of those -- what do you call them? Oh, yeah. "Challenge matches." September 2006 is the last time KM hit a ball. :(

So, Chris, you're going to have to do something that, quite frankly, you're just not used to. You will have to give up weight instead of getting weight. You ought to try it sometime. You just might like it! :thumbup:

So KM will need the breaks and the wild 7, 8, and 9. You have to make the 9 in turn and can't slop it in at any time. No jump cues allowed because there will be jumped balls, not even with the shooting cue. Oh, yeah, the rules will be two-shot/push-out format. Don't worry, Chris, you'll catch on real quick. It's fun! :winknudge:

The table will be a Gabriel table with Simonis cloth located in Maryland. BTW, I have been slowly losing my eyesight and can't drive very far anymore, so you'll have to come to us.

So jump on in, you Smooth Criminal, you. The water's fine. We'll be waiting for you. :)

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
A little delayed reaction, Chris? Or maybe you're just bored and trying to yank some chains? :)

I have been reading about your busy pool life, playing all of those -- what do you call them? Oh, yeah. "Challenge matches." September 2006 is the last time KM hit a ball. :(

So, Chris, you're going to have to do something that, quite frankly, you're just not used to. You will have to give up weight instead of getting weight. You ought to try it sometime. You just might like it! :thumbup:

So KM will need the breaks and the wild 7, 8, and 9. You have to make the 9 in turn and can't slop it in at any time. No jump cues allowed because there will be jumped balls, not even with the shooting cue. Oh, yeah, the rules will be two-shot/push-out format. Don't worry, Chris, you'll catch on real quick. It's fun! :winknudge:

The table will be a Gabriel table with Simonis cloth located in Maryland. BTW, I have been slowly losing my eyesight and can't drive very far anymore, so you'll have to come to us.

So jump on in, you Smooth Criminal, you. The water's fine. We'll be waiting for you. :)

well since jan i played pool 20 times at the most.
and i spot a lot of people just we dont bet 10k
so its not on tar.
ill come play him on his home table thats fine he is like 60 right?
he use to be 1 of the best
and as you say i always get a spot so lets play even i dont want a spot.
we will play his rules 9 ball then play 10 todays rules.
see who the better player is today.

i know who that is just hope you dont smile face here
i dont know how to put 1 up

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well since jan i played pool 20 times at the most.
and i spot a lot of people just we dont bet 10k
so its not on tar.
ill come play him on his home table thats fine he is like 60 right?
he use to be 1 of the best
and as you say i always get a spot so lets play even i dont want a spot.
we will play his rules 9 ball then play 10 todays rules.
see who the better player is today.

I appreciate your kind offer, sir. Here's how I see it, though. Keith hasn't hit a ball since 2006. It's now 2010. He needs all the breaks for not hitting a ball in all of 2007, needs the wild 7 for not hitting a ball in 2008, needs the wild 8 for not hitting a ball in 2009, and needs the wild 9 against your call-9-on-the-last-shot for not hitting a ball in all of 2010 :).

Of course, since you're, what, about 20-something, with good eyes, svelte figure, and six-pack abs against a husky man in his fifties, with not-so-good vision and a pot belly, well, I think the two-shot/push-out rules in 9-ball balances out the differences in your ages. :thumbup:

realbatram said:
i know who that is just hope you dont smile face here
i dont know how to put 1 up

With all due respect, I'm not sure what you are saying with this. Could you please rephrase it? Sometimes I have trouble reading the posts on my laptop. My vision is going. I apologize for making this request. :(

Last edited:

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
I appreciate your kind offer, sir. Here's how I see it, though. Keith hasn't hit a ball since 2006. It's now 2010. He needs all the breaks for not hitting a ball in all of 2007, needs the wild 7 for not hitting a ball in 2008, needs the wild 8 for not hitting a ball in 2009, and needs the wild 9 against your call-9-on-the-last-shot for not hitting a ball in all of 2010 :).

Of course, since you're, what, about 20-something, with good eyes, svelte figure, and six-pack abs against a husky man in his fifties, with not-so-good vision and a pot belly, well, I think the two-shot/push-out rules in 9-ball balances out the differences in your ages. :thumbup:

With all due respect, I'm not sure what you are saying with this. Could you please rephrase it? Sometimes I have trouble reading the posts on my laptop. My vision is going. I apologize for making this request. :(

sure
im saying i know im the BETTER player
i hope that you guys dont know that
and i dont know how to put up a smile face icon
but here is my smile face

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member

funny stuff about the six pack and being in shape

smile face
lol

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sure
im saying i know im the BETTER player
i hope that you guys dont know that
and i dont know how to put up a smile face icon
but here is my smile face

When you are typing you post in the MESSAGE window, look to the right. There is a box with a bunch of smiley faces. There are smiley faces to the right of the MESSAGE window.

When you want to insert one of those smiley faces, you just click that smiley facce, and it will insert that smiley face that you click in the MESSAGE window in your post where your cursor was last.

Attachments

• CS33FC[1].jpg
    CS33FC[1].jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 309

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
When you are typing you post in the MESSAGE window, look to the right. There is a box with a bunch of smiley faces. There are smiley faces to the right of the MESSAGE window.

When you want to insert one of those smiley faces, you just click that smiley facce, and it will insert that smiley face that you click in the MESSAGE window in your post where your cursor was last.

thanks ill learn the net someday

mountainlion

Registered
Baltimore "BUDDY" Dennis

Hey folks, I know somebody on this forum knows how it is when they want to re-connect with an old friend. I grew up with Buddy & surely someone
here knows something about where he might be.

So please be kind and let me hear how I might be able to contact him.

Also, it would be great to have some current info about how he is doing, etc.

I'd really appreciate anything you could share about Buddy & I'm thanking you in advance.

Mountain

jbravo2984

~{BULL DURHAM CUES}~
Silver Member
You know you could be sued for libel simply for posting that don't you? Even if it is true Earl could simply get a lawyer, they would get a warrent forcing AZBilliards to release your actual identity, and you would be given a summons to appear in court a short time later.

Oh man you should represent him! While you're at it, summons Joe Rogan too for his marijuana comment. Shut up and sue me then:grin-square: Everyone knows that earl takes flinstones chewables:rolleyes:

jbravo2984

~{BULL DURHAM CUES}~
Silver Member
You act like you know what you're talking about.....too bad, you don't have a clue.

Earl does not take any performance enhancing drugs....zero, zilch, nada. And hasn't in the last 20+ years.

While we're on the subject of tests.....

AZB should test for 'stupidity' before allowing someone to post.....you wouldn't have passed....for sure.

And you know he hasn't because you've been swinging from his nuts for the last 2 decades? :) So are you telling me that prior to 1990 Earl dabbled?

jbravo2984

~{BULL DURHAM CUES}~
Silver Member
jbravo2984...Wow! First you badmouth a legend like Jimmy Caras in one thread (albeit through a "2nd hand" story), and now you're bad mouthing another legendary player...what gives? Earl never took drugs. Like Sherm said, he probably smoked pot in his youth (who didn't in the 70's?), but he definitely was not into hard core stuff at all. His record speaks for itself...and imho he still has the talent to win. He just won a tour stop in Raleigh NC, going undefeated. I don't know who else was in the field, but NC has PLENTY of champion players.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

HOLY CHRIST! I wish I would've seen this stuff earlier! Hey Scott get over Earl. he's been over you for a while now. This isn't going to win him back :) Just kidding scott don't get your panties in a bunch. Look, I NEVER said that Earl was in to any ILLEGAL DRUGS period. You all assume this based on assumption:rolleyes: I would never say such a thing. It's really to bad that text is left open to interpretation when a generalized statement is made. All of a sudden people think you're insulting A LIVING LEGEND! gasp... I would never...

jbravo2984

~{BULL DURHAM CUES}~
Silver Member
jbravo2984...Wow! First you badmouth a legend like Jimmy Caras in one thread (albeit through a "2nd hand" story), and now you're bad mouthing another legendary player...what gives? Earl never took drugs. Like Sherm said, he probably smoked pot in his youth (who didn't in the 70's?), but he definitely was not into hard core stuff at all. His record speaks for itself...and imho he still has the talent to win. He just won a tour stop in Raleigh NC, going undefeated. I don't know who else was in the field, but NC has PLENTY of champion players.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I never bad mouthed Jimmy Caras, Scott. I said he was getting whooped in an exhibition by a local player, whom, I'm related to. Didn't like it. And packed his things and left. Preceding the story, I said, "I heard a story once...". That doesn't mean its true...
I could say I heard a story once that a guy named scott traveled to a friend of mine's house to give him a pool lesson. Scott tried teaching him a bunch of fundamental stuff even though my friend had been playing pool for years and was a relatively proven local player. I could also say that in this story, that it didn't seem as though scott had a whole lot to offer other than teaching basic fundamentals. I could even say that after the lesson, my friend said he would be VERY hesitant to throw down that kind of money before he EVER took another lesson from an "instructor" again. But like I said, that doesn't mean its true...

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jbravo2984...If that happened, it's because that's what the student ASKED for. Most people want to get better, and for most people, that starts with creating a better quality setup and delivery process. Hmmm...west of Chicago huh? That could be any one of hundreds of students...and if he/she wasn't satisfied, they certainly didn't say so...which is offered as a guarantee, and where I will refuse payment (because that means I didn't do my job to the best of my ability). I can teach anything, including game strategy. Most people opt to learn a better stroke first. THAT is true!

As far as your "comments" about Jimmy Caras and Earl Strickland...I wasn't the only one who thought you were 'badmouthing' them.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I never bad mouthed Jimmy Caras, Scott. I said he was getting whooped in an exhibition by a local player, whom, I'm related to. Didn't like it. And packed his things and left. Preceding the story, I said, "I heard a story once...". That doesn't mean its true...
I could say I heard a story once that a guy named scott traveled to a friend of mine's house to give him a pool lesson. Scott tried teaching him a bunch of fundamental stuff even though my friend had been playing pool for years and was a relatively proven local player. I could also say that in this story, that it didn't seem as though scott had a whole lot to offer other than teaching basic fundamentals. I could even say that after the lesson, my friend said he would be VERY hesitant to throw down that kind of money before he EVER took another lesson from an "instructor" again. But like I said, that doesn't mean its true...