King Cobra Video..?

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Are these the same as the official simonis installation dvds?

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
One of the BEST table mechanics in the country, (IMHO) is also featured on the installation video, Jay Spielberg of NH, A-1 billiards.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Are these the same as the official simonis installation dvds?

Yes, I made the installation DVDs for Simonis along with Jay Spielberg from up in New Hampshire. I brought the know how, Jay brought the studio, producer. Jay played a major roll in the production of the DVDs that I couldn't possibly have provided, which is the only reason they got produced, if it wasn't for Jay, being my partner...I'd have never had the chance to make them, so I owe Jay a big hand for his involvement in this project, as well as everyone else who was involved. So, that don't mean I'm taking credit where credit is not due, I know how some people on AZ like to attack me, but this was one of my many projects right from the start, the only thing was, I didn't know how to go about making it happen, until one day talking with Jay, and his offering to become involved with it as he also felt that it was a great idea, but a major project. And, knowing me as well as he did, and still does, knew it wouldn't happen if the world was waiting on me to get it done. So, that's where Jay came to the rescue, and rescue he did, which once again....is the only reason the DVDs even exist today.

Glen

tank69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone used the DVDs to cover a table? There is NOBODY in my area that does cloth and I'm thinking about "practicing" on a friend's 4x8. I see there is a Rail and Cloth set...seems beyond reasonable for $60.

peter_gunn

])3a]) s']['rok3
Silver Member
Has anyone used the DVDs to cover a table? There is NOBODY in my area that does cloth and I'm thinking about "practicing" on a friend's 4x8. I see there is a Rail and Cloth set...seems beyond reasonable for $60.

Video is PERFECT. :yes:

1 Lone Wolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glenn

Yes, I made the installation DVDs for Simonis along with Jay Spielberg from up in New Hampshire. I brought the know how, Jay brought the studio, producer. Jay played a major roll in the production of the DVDs that I couldn't possibly have provided, which is the only reason they got produced, if it wasn't for Jay, being my partner...I'd have never had the chance to make them, so I owe Jay a big hand for his involvement in this project, as well as everyone else who was involved. So, that don't mean I'm taking credit where credit is not due, I know how some people on AZ like to attack me, but this was one of my many projects right from the start, the only thing was, I didn't know how to go about making it happen, until one day talking with Jay, and his offering to become involved with it as he also felt that it was a great idea, but a major project. And, knowing me as well as he did, and still does, knew it wouldn't happen if the world was waiting on me to get it done. So, that's where Jay came to the rescue, and rescue he did, which once again....is the only reason the DVDs even exist today.

Glen

My partner and I are acquiring antique Brunswicks. Mark Gregory is doing the conversions of the Centennial and Anniversarys for us. Those table are our #1 focus right now. However we also have a nice Brunswick 10' Alexandria and an Oliver Briggs Narragansett 9' also. They are in Extremely good condition . We are still fully restoring them. Mark suggested to absolutely get your Simonis videos. I can recover tables , But we want to get better. I took Marks advice and ordered the 2 video's today from Seiberts. Thanks, Gary

G&M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the BEST table mechanics in the country, (IMHO) is also featured on the installation video, Jay Spielberg of NH, A-1 billiards.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

A friend and I are both working with Jay Spielberg right now. The jobs aren't quite finished yet, but Jay has already proven himself to be fantastic to work with -- knowledgeable, responsive, enthusiastic, on time, responsible, and honest. Plus he loves the game and is meticulous about getting everything just right. He's a consummate professional who cares about doing the best job possible at a fair price. Would recommend him highly to anyone who needs an excellent mechanic.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
A friend and I are both working with Jay Spielberg right now. The jobs aren't quite finished yet, but Jay has already proven himself to be fantastic to work with -- knowledgeable, responsive, enthusiastic, on time, responsible, and honest. Plus he loves the game and is meticulous about getting everything just right. He's a consummate professional who cares about doing the best job possible at a fair price. Would recommend him highly to anyone who needs an excellent mechanic.

Jay is a Professional Table Mechanic...that's why:D

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Lots of private indivduals have sent me PM's about them, table mechanic's as well have as well, they do teach you how to install the cloth on the rails and the slate, so you can't go wrong;)

PhysicsGuyBrian

Registered
Applies to all Simonis Cloth types?

Lots of private indivduals have sent me PM's about them, table mechanic's as well have as well, they do teach you how to install the cloth on the rails and the slate, so you can't go wrong;)

Are there variances to the techniques that are unique to each of the Simonis cloths: 760, 860, 860HR? I am sure the techniques differ across cloth manufacturers because RKC told me that himself :thumbup: but not certain of that among the Simonis "group" of cloths.:confused: Thanks!

Cheers All,

PhysicsGuy

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It works. I recovered my table along with my friend. Granted, I have done a few before and he used to own a pool room and did his own, so we weren't starting from scratch. I had never used the glue method before. The cloth has been on my table for about a year now and it is still as perfect as the day we put it on.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Are there variances to the techniques that are unique to each of the Simonis cloths: 760, 860, 860HR? I am sure the techniques differ across cloth manufacturers because RKC told me that himself :thumbup: but not certain of that among the Simonis "group" of cloths.:confused: Thanks!

Cheers All,

PhysicsGuy

Yes, the stretch can change between 760, 860, 860HR...and between blue and green, yes there's even a differnce between colors, as green won't stretch as much as the blue will. That's why it's important to do the stretch index test before working with any cloth if you're not sure of what the correct stretch is for your own strengths.

Glen

PhysicsGuyBrian

Registered
A cloth by any other name...should smell so sweet...wait what?

Yes, the stretch can change between 760, 860, 860HR...and between blue and green, yes there's even a differnce between colors, as green won't stretch as much as the blue will. That's why it's important to do the stretch index test before working with any cloth if you're not sure of what the correct stretch is for your own strengths.

Glen

Incredible! Makes sense now that I think about the differences in the cloth compositions. Never occurred to me the colors could cause variation. That makes sense too because the dyes are different, their components affect the thread differently and hence can affect things like the elasticity in the thread/weave/cloth and therefore...different! :thumbup: Thanks for the reply!

Brian (aka PhysicsGuyBrian)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Incredible! Makes sense now that I think about the differences in the cloth compositions. Never occurred to me the colors could cause variation. That makes sense too because the dyes are different, their components affect the thread differently and hence can affect things like the elasticity in the thread/weave/cloth and therefore...different! :thumbup: Thanks for the reply!

I found out a long time ago, that the color of cloth effected the stretch. I didn't understand how I could stretch Simonis 860 Tour Blue to one stretch measurement, but when installing the same 860 Green, I couldn't hit the same stretch marks as I could with the Blue, until I started doing the stretch index test all over again, that's when I realized there was a difference in the cloths when it came to stretching them.

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Had to turn you all green for that comment...:thumbup: