Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Very dissapointed in lee brett. Should be ashamed
Page 1 of 19 1 2311 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Very dissapointed in lee brett. Should be ashamed
Old
  (#1)
Jesters
AzB Silver Member
Jesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Very dissapointed in lee brett. Should be ashamed - 07-20-2013, 05:07 PM

I just read Lee Brett's post on Face Book. He says he let everyone down because he chose to go out last night and get drunk. He also said he could not see the balls and obviously that does not make for playing well. He also said he is sleeping in his car and from another post of his he said he had only $17.00 for food for the next week.

People on these forums came to his aid out of the goodness of their hearts and donated money so he could maybe make some money out in Vegas since the Bonus Ball fiasco. He chose to not do the right thing and wasted the kind efforts of the AZ Billiard community who helped him out. He should be ashamed of himself.

Also if you have enough money to get drunk in Vegas you do not need help for entry. Either you are paying for it or you are at the machines or tables to get free drinks. If you can do either of those you should not be hungry and should not need help for entry fees.

I feel sorry for the people who helped him. Lee give them their money back, all you ever seem to do is come to these forums to tell people how broke you are and to get people to give you, lend you, support you, sponsor you. it is getting old. You should give people their money back since your actions were not the ones of someone people were sponsoring in this event.

Old
  (#2)
Boston$tyle
AzB Silver Member
Boston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2013, 05:20 PM

LMFAO!!!!! Jester, not that there's any redeeming merits you receive for posting this but how much in toll did you contribute to this cause???

Old
  (#3)
book collector
AzB Silver Member
book collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2013, 05:27 PM

Almost every pool player has played drunk and been sleeping in their car and making dinner money playing pool {some of em played jam up,put your big boy pants on buckaroo} Maybe he isn't cut out for the pool life?

Last edited by book collector; 07-20-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Old
  (#4)
Brain71
Railbird
Brain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2013, 05:34 PM

What was the bonus ball fiasco?

Hate Is So Much Easier To Feel Than Love........

Old
  (#5)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

07-20-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain71 View Post
What was the bonus ball fiasco?

A 3 week delay for July, suppost to be back on in August.

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Old
  (#6)
PocketSpeed11
AzB Long Member
PocketSpeed11 has a reputation beyond reputePocketSpeed11 has a reputation beyond reputePocketSpeed11 has a reputation beyond reputePocketSpeed11 has a reputation beyond reputePocketSpeed11 has a reputation beyond reputePocketSpeed11 has a reputation beyond reputePocketSpeed11 has a reputation beyond reputePocketSpeed11 has a reputation beyond reputePocketSpeed11 has a reputation beyond reputePocketSpeed11 has a reputation beyond reputePocketSpeed11 has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2013, 05:40 PM

I couldn't even fathom going to an important tournament and getting drunk the night before, especially when other people put their money and faith in you. At least Lee can man up though and admit to his mistake

Old
  (#7)
Jesters
AzB Silver Member
Jesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond reputeJesters has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston$tyle View Post
LMFAO!!!!! Jester, not that there's any redeeming merits you receive for posting this but how much in toll did you contribute to this cause???
I had ZERO money contributed to the sponsorship. Not that it matters, if someone does something wrong others should know about it so they don't get fooled again. Part of the reason I did not put in was I knew that he had no chance to get in the money and also I have heard too many things to put my money out there. Below is the quote from his face book.

Lee Brett

about an hour ago.

I let everyone down... Went out and got drunk last night... Great way to prepare for my matches.. Couldn't see the balls and i am mad at mytself right now... Needed to drink last night to drown my sorrows from being homeless and having no money is not good right now... when i should of just went to sleep in my car and focused on playing good...

Old
  (#8)
graemeham
AzB Silver Member
graemeham has a reputation beyond reputegraemeham has a reputation beyond reputegraemeham has a reputation beyond reputegraemeham has a reputation beyond reputegraemeham has a reputation beyond reputegraemeham has a reputation beyond reputegraemeham has a reputation beyond reputegraemeham has a reputation beyond reputegraemeham has a reputation beyond reputegraemeham has a reputation beyond reputegraemeham has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2013, 05:50 PM

Fair play to him for admitting it.

It appears to me the guy tries so hard to convince people he belongs amongst the pro's when really he is average at best. This kinda adds to that impression.

Old
  (#9)
opiesbro
Big Al Customs
opiesbro has a reputation beyond reputeopiesbro has a reputation beyond reputeopiesbro has a reputation beyond reputeopiesbro has a reputation beyond reputeopiesbro has a reputation beyond reputeopiesbro has a reputation beyond reputeopiesbro has a reputation beyond reputeopiesbro has a reputation beyond reputeopiesbro has a reputation beyond reputeopiesbro has a reputation beyond reputeopiesbro has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by book collector View Post
Almost every pool player has played drunk and been sleeping in their car and making dinner money playing pool {some of em played jam up,put your big boy pants on buckaroo} Maybe he isn't cut out for the pool life?
I once saw Marty Hildabrand drink 31 cans during a tourny and the more lit he got the better he played. He even boasted that if you wanted to beat him you better do it early.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Allen Forquer
Big Al Custom Cues
bigalcustomcues@hotmail.com

Old
  (#10)
D_Lewis
AzB Silver Member
D_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 200
  Send a message via MSN to D_Lewis  
07-20-2013, 05:59 PM

Wow. Both my 'horses' got drunk, one missed their match and it seems the other should have just missed it.

Shame on Lee Brett for asking for a hand out and then being anything but professional.

Old
  (#11)
bfdlad
T-Wheels
bfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2013, 06:11 PM

I suppose that would be fine if you play better drunk but in this case he didn't. I know Lee and I know he has fallen on hard times. However per his own admission he wasn't ready and should have been more professional, especially with other peoples money. Well he will maybe find out the next time he wants a sponsor that he won't have much luck around here. It is a shame and he did admit to his mistakes but that does not make it right. This could have been his chance, I like Lee from what I have known of him so although times are hard you can't do things like this or you will never get ahead. What if a major sponsor was thinking about working with him? Do you think they still would? Lee You got to take every opportunity man and make it work to the best you can buddy. Don't let yourself down.

Mark Cantrill
Legends and Champions Pool Tour
480-612-7732

Old
  (#12)
bfdlad
T-Wheels
bfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Lewis View Post
Wow. Both my 'horses' got drunk, one missed their match and it seems the other should have just missed it.

Shame on Lee Brett for asking for a hand out and then being anything but professional.
Sorry you got a couple of bad rolls there man.

Mark Cantrill
Legends and Champions Pool Tour
480-612-7732

Old
  (#13)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

07-20-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfdlad View Post
I suppose that would be fine if you play better drunk but in this case he didn't. I know Lee and I know he has fallen on hard times. However per his own admission he wasn't ready and should have been more professional, especially with other peoples money. Well he will maybe find out the next time he wants a sponsor that he won't have much luck around here. It is a shame and he did admit to his mistakes but that does not make it right. This could have been his chance, I like Lee from what I have known of him so although times are hard you can't do things like this or you will never get ahead. What if a major sponsor was thinking about working with him? Do you think they still would? Lee You got to take every opportunity man and make it work to the best you can buddy. Don't let yourself down.

people have made worse decisions than Lee made FWIW....

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Old
  (#14)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

07-20-2013, 06:38 PM

Eh - doesn't make sense.

He could easily have said, "Sorry guys, played like hippo shit" and left it at that. Nobody would have a clue about drinking (if he really did) or the car (doubt if he did). Maybe he played bad and was just really embarrassed and made up stupid excuses that are back-firing?

I've played SO bad before, I wanted to tell everyone that I was abducted by aliens on my way to the room, experienced lost time, found myself curled up in a ball naked in the woods and then found my cue near a crop circle and then fixed my hair and continued on to play my match... but then again, I was like .... "Shit - it's just easier to say I played bad."

Nobody who gave Lee money is marching up the hill, believe it. Whoever did it, did so to help him play and whatever happened, happened. Hell, we all sponsored Cleary just for something to do -- so what's the difference?? In fact, if Clearly doesn't miss a match because he's drunk -- I'm going to be upset w/ him.

Give me a break.

Lee was prob just embarrassed he played bad.

Viffer: The Movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JFIy2ebJIE

Last edited by SpiderWebComm; 07-20-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Old
  (#15)
sizl
AzB Silver Member
sizl has a reputation beyond reputesizl has a reputation beyond reputesizl has a reputation beyond reputesizl has a reputation beyond reputesizl has a reputation beyond reputesizl has a reputation beyond reputesizl has a reputation beyond reputesizl has a reputation beyond reputesizl has a reputation beyond reputesizl has a reputation beyond reputesizl has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to sizl  
07-20-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
people have made worse decisions than Lee made FWIW....
Such as investing in Lee?

He asked the AZ family for help in his time of "need". Their were a few that obliged him....He let them down. Not winning is acceptable... Acting unprofessional is not.

Please do not try and justify his actions!

Page 1 of 19 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: