Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Very dissapointed in lee brett. Should be ashamed
Page 3 of 19 123 4513 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#31)
Craig
Custom Cue-Repair
Craig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1400

07-20-2013, 08:02 PM

Sounds like it's time to get a 40hr a week job like most people have.

Some people just don't get it in life if you keep doing the same thing every day and the results is failure then don't expect it to just change. Just like some will say failure breeds failure.

It's just common sense when you get tired of just getting by, when you get tired of being broke, when you get tired of the life you're living then you will make the right decisions to better your life.

If a person never makes those changes then be prepared for a miserable life.

Custom Cue-Repair

Old
  (#32)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

07-20-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsuxci View Post
Why shouldn't it be brought to a public forum?When AZ rallied to help
him is because it was brought up on a public forum.Now that he crashed and
burned by his own admission,shouldn't the very same forum that was willing to help,
know of his mishaps?
Worse decisions probably have been made,but in no way should it excuse
his mistake.D Lewis went out on a limb to help the guy and in turn gets
a internet slap in the face.Lee should pay his investors back from AZ.
That would be a healthy start.

not what i said, read what i said again.

"I have no beef, IF I HAD A BEEF I"D TAKE IT PRIVATLY"

I dont give a rats ass what other people do-until they misquote me.

best
eric

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Old
  (#33)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

07-20-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Sounds like it's time to get a 40hr a week job like most people have.

Some people just don't get it in life if you keep doing the same thing every day and the results is failure then don't expect it to just change. Just like some will say failure breeds failure.

It's just common sense when you get tired of just getting by, when you get tired of being broke, when you get tired of the life you're living then you will make the right decisions to better your life.

If a person never makes those changes then be prepared for a miserable life.
nobody plans on failing, but some fail to plan......

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Alien pool player abduction would make a better story.
Old
  (#34)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

CJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Talking Alien pool player abduction would make a better story. - 07-20-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderWebComm View Post
Eh - doesn't make sense.

He could easily have said, "Sorry guys, played like hippo shit" and left it at that. Nobody would have a clue about drinking (if he really did) or the car (doubt if he did). Maybe he played bad and was just really embarrassed and made up stupid excuses that are back-firing?

I've played SO bad before, I wanted to tell everyone that I was abducted by aliens on my way to the room, experienced lost time, found myself curled up in a ball naked in the woods and then found my cue near a crop circle and then fixed my hair and continued on to play my match... but then again, I was like .... "Shit - it's just easier to say I played bad."

Nobody who gave Lee money is marching up the hill, believe it. Whoever did it, did so to help him play and whatever happened, happened. Hell, we all sponsored Cleary just for something to do -- so what's the difference?? In fact, if Clearly doesn't miss a match because he's drunk -- I'm going to be upset w/ him.

Give me a break.

Lee was prob just embarrassed he played bad.
I like the alien excuse, I wish Lee would have posted this happened, it would make a much better story.

St. Louie Louie would have done the same thing as Lee, then get a millionaire to stake him the next day a set for 10k.......and win.

Join my Private Road Player Membership and I'll Show You Our Systems, Techniques, and Championship Level Fundamentals Today (for the price of treating me to lunch) @ www.masteringpocketbilliards.com

Old
  (#35)
D_Lewis
AzB Silver Member
D_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond reputeD_Lewis has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 200
  Send a message via MSN to D_Lewis  
07-20-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
not what i said, read what i said again.

"I have no beef, IF I HAD A BEEF I"D TAKE IT PRIVATLY"

I dont give a rats ass what other people do-until they misquote me.

best
eric
There was a group of people who put Lee in the event because he said he hadn't been paid from bonus ball, etc etc etc. many of them posted that it was a donation. I was the one who started the thread in the action room on Lees behalf and worked the agreement 50/50 after the entry was paid back.

Lee openly admitted to drinking in excess and not being able to see the balls. There is no reason to have 15 different private conversations with Lee. He will see this, he will apologize. It's likely because he openly is admitting he has an alcohol problem that maybe it's time for some help. Maybe it's time to get a real job. Maybe it's time to be a responsible adult.

Old
  (#36)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-20-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
. IMO, it's fine to out a guy, but it should have been started by someone who was at least hurt by Lee's failings. Not someone looking to just stir it up a bit.
Diamond, there are a few members that have brought drama to the board whenever possible. They seem to thrive on it. Hey, we all like it in the proper context sometimes.

I honestly didn't read into Jesters post as being malicious or trying to cause trouble.

If he hadn't have brought it our attention, someone else most likely would have.

Its not like the biggest crime in the world, Lee was honest about it. Posted his feelings on his FB page and it became Public Knowledge.

Probably more disappointing than anything else and I would bet that Lee is more disappointed in himself than anyone else.

Tomorrow is a new day.

The thing that I find is that every time something like this happens, and it seems it happens every time in some fashion, whether these players realize it or not, they just make their chances and other players chances zero or close to it, the next time someone asks for a favor.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Last edited by Blue Hog ridr; 07-20-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Old
  (#37)
book collector
AzB Silver Member
book collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2013, 08:29 PM

I do hope the guy gets his life together, I'm having a shit day and my sympathy is on tilt.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better

Old
  (#38)
Boston$tyle
AzB Silver Member
Boston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2013, 08:30 PM

Probably coulda found a Better spot then lee, drunk or 100% sober woulda been a Cinderella story if he cashed. Couldn't see being profitable

Old
  (#39)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2013, 08:39 PM

No one expected him to cash. He had a bad go of it with Bonus Ball and some of us wanted to give him a break.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Old
  (#40)
backplaying
AzB Silver Member
backplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuebuddy View Post
This BS has been going on for centuries in this game. It is nothing new and I am sure it will happen again. The internet brings it to the surface quickly and to a lot more people.
I admire Lee's game and hope he digs his way out like a few have done before him.

The truth is many have lost themselves and never found their way back to reality.
I am not justifying Lee's actions but I don't wand to crap on him either...until I have walked in his shoes.
Good post.

Old
  (#41)
corvette1340
www.EpawnMarket.com
corvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

07-20-2013, 08:45 PM

If this "being staked" thing doesn't work out maybe he can go on the road with Scooter and Tedder. Maybe someone on here will stake him a couple of slip bills.

The road is a tough mean animal and it can chew you up and spit you out in little pie
Old
  (#42)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member
genomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond repute

The road is a tough mean animal and it can chew you up and spit you out in little pie - 07-20-2013, 10:50 PM

I've been on the road for most of the last 4 years teaching and playing.

The expenses are huge and it is really tough to not go broke out there.

For me it is like a game in itself. Survival.

To me this is fun.

I know how tough it can be for Lee or any other player out there.

Out of 500 players that were in Vegas there were probably 50 horror stories out there that would almost be unbelievable. Allot of us old road players have been there and done that. Mad the mistakes and lived through it to fight another day and make more mistakes until we get it almost right. because almost right is about as good as it gets.

Right now it's tougher than ever to make it on the road. Lee being a teacher he needs to really keep at it 24/7. Playing in the tournaments can really chew up your bankroll and your time.

How many Tunica could a person go to in a month and not cash.

Vegas has got to be the most depressing place for a pool player to run out of money. any pool player that has ever ran out of money out there would understand.

Noone should be too hard on Bret. The best thing he could ever do is get out of there and continue to do what he likes doing.

And skip the tournaments for right now until he's ready to play

It's real tough to juggle playing and teaching. if you play to much you can't teach much. it takes allot of time to play and play well.

If you don't teach it's tough to play allot. Even tougher to play in the tournaments.

The discipline is tremendous to keep this in balance.

Take it easy on the guy. He's actually a pretty nice guy.

I hope he gets pumped up and back in the mix..........

Old
  (#43)
The Saw
Juicy Pop in 2016!
The Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

07-20-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketSpeed11 View Post
I couldn't even fathom going to an important tournament and getting drunk the night before, especially when other people put their money and faith in you. At least Lee can man up though and admit to his mistake
He must have been drinking with Cleary.....

"That was a free tip for your non-educated pool ass." ~ Donny Mills

"why did i bet the most?
hmmmm thats what i do.
" ~ Chris Bartram

"F it, I'll just give yogu ball in hand....." ~ Jeff Locke

"If I ever saw you in person I'd piss in your coke, so go choke on a 3cushion pool ball Bill!" ~ ScottyDzntKnow

Old
  (#44)
cleary
Honestly, I'm a liar.
cleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8500
  Send a message via AIM to cleary  
07-21-2013, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketSpeed11 View Post
I couldn't even fathom going to an important tournament and getting drunk the night before, especially when other people put their money and faith in you. At least Lee can man up though and admit to his mistake
lol you gotta be kidding me. I don't know you and could care less what you think of me but if anyone honestly feels I ripped them off ill gladly refund them.

I was scheduled to play at 8:30 PM on Friday. I showed up at 6 to hit balls because I wanted to at least try. I'm a C player bout to play a world champion... I got no chance winning 5 games, much less winning. I showed up ready to go. And I was drunk. I play better drinking so I drank.

Power goes out and we wait around drinking. When I went to bed I set the alarm on my phone fully intending to play at 10am. I woke up at 11:15am to 15 missed calls and 20 texts. Trust me, I wasn't real happy. I brought two outfits just for this tounament to be funny.

I play on the loser side at 6pm Saturday and I didn't win a game. I had several outs and couldn't make a ball. The crowd loved it. After I lost, I walked outside fully clothed and walked into the swimming pool. (Video coming soon)

If I thought I had a legit shot in a tournament id pay the entry myself and win the money for myself. Asking for money started out as a joke. Great players come on here and can't get staked. But I'm a good person that treats people good and just likes to have fun. The people in put in knew that. They knew I couldn't cash or even win 1 match. They thought it was funny. Also, I payed $140 of the entry myself FYI. A lot of people who put me in are here now and it made them laugh even harder knowing I didn't win 1 game.

But you can continue to dislike me all you want.

Old
  (#45)
sheffield6
AzB Silver Member
sheffield6 has a reputation beyond reputesheffield6 has a reputation beyond reputesheffield6 has a reputation beyond reputesheffield6 has a reputation beyond reputesheffield6 has a reputation beyond reputesheffield6 has a reputation beyond reputesheffield6 has a reputation beyond reputesheffield6 has a reputation beyond reputesheffield6 has a reputation beyond reputesheffield6 has a reputation beyond reputesheffield6 has a reputation beyond repute

07-21-2013, 02:53 AM

if he'd had 18 hours sleep in a 4 poster bed, and not had a drink for a fortnight, his problem would still have been Dechaine and Bartram.

Page 3 of 19 123 4513 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: