Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Looking for some help, to help out a hero....
Page 6 of 6 « First 456

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#76)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

08-04-2013, 05:46 PM

Sir...Thank you for your service to our country. You have made a great sacrifice, and I'm glad the AzB community could help you along in enjoying what is a sincere passion for most of us here! God Bless, and good luck! BTW, I believe I recall a player back east who had also lost a hand, and someone was able to craft a device that strapped on, that enabled him to bridge on the table pretty normally. Maybe someone here knows how to search for that thread. IIRC the player was somewhere in NJ.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
Ladies and Gents,
I'd like to start by say THANK YOU!!! My name is Robert Evans and I am the Veteran that contacted Rain-Man about the predator cue. He sent me a link to this thread and WOW! I've been the topic of quite a bit of discussion! What you have done for me is absolutely amazing. I cannot thank you all enough. This was truly an amazing surprise and I had no idea it was going to happen. I have been sweating bullets the last week or so because every time I brought up the invoice Rain-Man would change the subject. I was starting to think that it was going to be astronomical. What a pleasant surprise. As I said in the email Rain-Man posted, This isn't just a SUPER NICE cue to me, it's also a way for me to reconnect with a hobby I thought was lost to me. I'm so excited to shoot around with that predator. I volunteer for a couple Veteran Non-Profits and am traveling a lot. But I'm home tomorrow night and am chomping at the bit to use all these fantastic items that I'm so very grateful to have.
Thank you so very much. Not just for the cue and accessories but for the welcome to your community.

-Robert Evans
11Bravo

PBIA Master Instructor

Last edited by Scott Lee; 08-04-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Wow!
Old
  (#77)
RobMan
AzB Silver Member
RobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Wow! - 08-04-2013, 06:18 PM

Just read this entire thread; really have no idea how I missed it. This is an awesome story of strangers coming together to help an individual. This is the kind if thread I like to read.

Bravo11 - God bless you and all the other vets who have sacrificed to give us our freedom.

Old
  (#78)
11Bravo
Registered
11Bravo has a reputation beyond repute11Bravo has a reputation beyond repute11Bravo has a reputation beyond repute11Bravo has a reputation beyond repute11Bravo has a reputation beyond repute11Bravo has a reputation beyond repute11Bravo has a reputation beyond repute11Bravo has a reputation beyond repute11Bravo has a reputation beyond repute11Bravo has a reputation beyond repute11Bravo has a reputation beyond repute

08-06-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfleinen View Post
Ray:

No problem -- at least you can defer or deflect the blame onto your wife. (J/K!)

In reading Robert Evans' reply, one can easily see the glee in his face. This is worth all the time and effort alone, IMHO. It's more than reward enough. And, he has a tribute plaque/pic of Theodore Roosevelt in the background -- heck, I like this guy already! (TR is my personal favorite president, and I have tribute/memorabilia of him throughout my place.)

I do hope he creates a screenname here on AZB and introduces himself. He'll be welcomed very warmly, you'll see.

Anything for my fellow veterans, retirees, and actively-serving military,
-Sean
Thank you, Sir. I'm a very big T. Roosevelt fan. My Great Grandfather was a Rough Rider, with him on San Juan Hill and I'm a High Power shooter. I was at the National Matches at Camp Perry, OH working toward my Distinguished Rifleman Badge last week and we have him to thank for that. I'd love to see another TR!

Thank you gentleman so much for the warm welcome. I'd very much like to shoot pool with all of you.
As far as what I'm using for a prosthetic I'm using an ACE brand wrist guard as my prosthetic device. It works ok, it allows me to use my left hand as a normal bridge. I'm trying to design something better. The ikon 2 cue is awesome because the leather grip is grippy enough I don't think ill need to wrap the cue with anything for grip. I think I have some lessons lined up and Zero-X Billiards and Mr. Lowry have been teaching me ALOT. I was never any good at kicking/ banking and his system works really well for me. I'm not looking to go pro or anything, but I would like to be competitive in a league or tournament. I'm willing to put in the time and practice.
Attached Images

Old
  (#79)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

08-06-2013, 06:35 PM

11Bravo....enjoy your new cue and table time. Welcome to AzB.

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Last edited by GoldCrown; 08-06-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Old
  (#80)
Lonestar_jim
Two & Out
Lonestar_jim has a reputation beyond reputeLonestar_jim has a reputation beyond reputeLonestar_jim has a reputation beyond reputeLonestar_jim has a reputation beyond reputeLonestar_jim has a reputation beyond reputeLonestar_jim has a reputation beyond reputeLonestar_jim has a reputation beyond reputeLonestar_jim has a reputation beyond reputeLonestar_jim has a reputation beyond reputeLonestar_jim has a reputation beyond reputeLonestar_jim has a reputation beyond repute

08-06-2013, 07:04 PM

11bravo,
That Rain- man was a real turd to string you along like that on the PayPal, LOL. A genius turd. Glad he fooled you a little. Welcome to AZ land.

There are many members here that can help on many areas of pool and otherwise. Have fun with your new toolbox

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2

Money - Bag
(D-bag club, self appointed Treasurer)

Old
  (#81)
Boston$tyle
AzB Silver Member
Boston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond reputeBoston$tyle has a reputation beyond repute

08-06-2013, 10:22 PM

Why not just give the cue away if you wanna do something nice???? Just saying, no need to collect 5&10$$ pieces for week?? Just a thought

Old
  (#82)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
08-06-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston$tyle View Post
Why not just give the cue away if you wanna do something nice???? Just saying, no need to collect 5&10$$ pieces for week?? Just a thought
The cue was given away, by the members on AZB.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Page 6 of 6 « First 456

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: