Ever seen one of these?

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
As chopdoc has stated, I also believe it to be a Rich cue as I have one that is the same as yours that I believed to be a cue made by Rich

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Cue

A lot can be confused... there is ABE rich and there are " rich cues" several of the family members produced cues of different quality.....

Rob.M

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot can be confused... there is ABE rich and there are " rich cues" several of the family members produced cues of different quality.....

Rob.M

It can be very hard to tell the difference. People generally call it an Abe cue when in dout for obvious reasons.

Vince_Former_BB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I absolutely agree. Back in the day we called them Abe cues to not confuse them with Rich cues. As I recall Rich cues were more of a mass production cue but I could be dead wrong about that. In fact....my VERY first half/decent cue was a Rich that I got in a from a billiard supply in S. Jersey. At the time you could send away and have your name engraved on a plate that you would slide into a slot in the butt. Man, did I think I was one BAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa MFer with that cue. A personalized cue? What, are ya kiddin' me??? Oh....I was 13 at the time.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The quality is night and day difference.

Rob.M

Depending on what era, that isn't consistently true.

There were cues out of the NY shop that are indestinguishable from Abe's cues.

In general it is true that the quality was quite different. But it wasn't always so.

I can post an example later of a cue with a Rich Q label that I am 100% certain would be identified as an Abe cue if not for the label. In fact Abe did make some identical cues.

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
b1eb39f34256bfb6bbea34f64aedcdbd.jpg
56e2b06faad93ba8e4a63bf38b32262a.jpg
2c0cdc1e84da4eed218a0a2e700df1ac.jpg
650c797dd175b7e162f78b684a50b0cf.jpg

Is it the same maker as this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
As chopdoc has stated, I also believe it to be a Rich cue as I have one that is the same as yours that I believed to be a cue made by Rich

Is that what Chopdoc said? Looks like he linked something that showed Abe Rich cues that his nephew Howard had.

That would mean Star Cues or Florida Cues. Rich Cues are from New York. Abe Rich learned to make cues from his cousin Saul Rich at Rich Q before moving back to Florida to build cues on his own. There should be overlap in design and look.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that what Chopdoc said? Looks like he linked something that showed Abe Rich cues that his nephew Howard had.

That would mean Star Cues or Florida Cues. Rich Cues are from New York. Abe Rich learned to make cues from his cousin Saul Rich at Rich Q before moving back to Florida to build cues on his own. There should be overlap in design and look.

I am honestly not sure.

The butt cap does not look like Rich family.