How Many Posts Are You Subscribed To?

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I’m subscribed to none.

I’ve been here since ‘10 and just now learned how to subscribe to threads and where to see the threads I’m subscribed to, lol.

I might have to save a few now.

By having it done automatically, you can save time by just going to the UserCP and responding from there.

It's a nice feature.

Jeff Livingston

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I am also subscriber to zero, I guess I am dull and boring. I just had to go check how one subscribes, found it, everyone can relax. :wink:
You guys that are subscribed to a boatload must have a setting that automatically subscribes you to threads you comment on, maybe???

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I am also subscriber to zero, I guess I am dull and boring. I just had to go check how one subscribes, found it, everyone can relax. :wink:
You guys that are subscribed to a boatload must have a setting that automatically subscribes you to threads you comment on, maybe???

Yep, auto.

Then you can just go to the User CP and there are any new posts in those threads. You can just click on the newest post icon and begin reading right where you left off.

Big time saver.

Jeff Livingston

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Yep, auto.

Then you can just go to the User CP and there are any new posts in those threads. You can just click on the newest post icon and begin reading right where you left off.

Big time saver.

Jeff Livingston

If auto means you subscribe to every thread you post on....I won’t do it.
....that means I’d be saving all the drivel I’ve posted....:shocked:

I subscribe to threads that interest me and those I may refer to from time to time.
I joined in 2009...started reading in 2006....I like going through the old posts.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
If auto means you subscribe to every thread you post on....I won’t do it.
....that means I’d be saving all the drivel I’ve posted....:shocked:

I subscribe to threads that interest me and those I may refer to from time to time.
I joined in 2009...started reading in 2006....I like going through the old posts.

The auto function makes it easier to get back to a thread where someone has posted a Personal attack on me instead of providing a rational argument about the subject at hand.

I look forward to hapless posters conceding this way to others' superior arguments. Every time it happens, I smile a little, and yet feel sorrow for them at the same time. I was smiling today, for example, when it happened...again, but with little sorrow as that poster has repeated this losing pattern way too many times. It must be frustrating.

Liberty, winning!

Jeff Livingston

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The auto function makes it easier to get back to a thread where someone has posted a Personal attack on me instead of providing a rational argument about the subject at hand.

I look forward to hapless posters conceding this way to others' superior arguments. Every time it happens, I smile a little, and yet feel sorrow for them at the same time. I was smiling today, for example, when it happened...again, but with little sorrow as that poster has repeated this losing pattern way too many times. It must be frustrating.

Liberty, winning!

Jeff Livingston

When I go to a store for something specific....I still turn down the proffered help from
salespeople....sometimes while searching, I find other things I need...or I might remember
an item I noticed that I need later on.

So any thread that is reasonably current, I don’t mind searching a few pages....
...I might find other gems that I’ve missed.

You think one pocket is slow....hah!...I need serious weight from one pocket in a dash

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I never considered using the auto function but it makes sense if I am subscribing to posts manually anyway. I currently get instant email notification so that is how I access posts. Are you saying you get no email notification but just check the CP?

The Verbalist

. . .
Silver Member
Subscribed to 18 threads, I use it as storage spot for things I want to refer to later. Cues that give me ideas for a future build or things I repeat buy and don't like to search for the threads such as tips are a couple examples.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I never considered using the auto function but it makes sense if I am subscribing to posts manually anyway. I currently get instant email notification so that is how I access posts. Are you saying you get no email notification but just check the CP?

that's what I'm saying.

I turned off the email notifications, but for threads I was in long ago where I used another display format, I still get those emails.

It's easier to not miss someone's reply to you in whatever thread they're in (that you long ago forgotten about, for example).

Jeff Livingston