Brunswick Chalk

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
The suppliers of raw materials may have used lead pigment, but the manufacturer (Tweeten) never changed their recipe. Some are polarized.

I have some pre-flag for sale if anyone is interested in experiencing for themselves.

I've also heard the pre-flag masters has lead in it. :eek:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The suppliers of raw materials may have used lead pigment, but the manufacturer (Tweeten) never changed their recipe. Some are polarized.

I have some pre-flag for sale if anyone is interested in experiencing for themselves.
I bought 12 cubes a year or so ago and compared the pre-flag to the current and there is ZERO difference. I had a couple top players, one a bona-fide HOF'r, tell me that the old stuff had mercury in the mix. Well, that is BS. The ONLY thing i can tell is that the grain size is a little(tiny is more like it) different but i'd guess that no two batches have exactly the same grain size. I'm a Magic user now. Less dusty and sticks better to tip.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
My last post was from Skip Nemeck. I met him during our board meetings at the BCA office, when it moved from IA to Colorado Springs. Nice man, and I was I wrote were his Exact words.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My last post was from Skip Nemeck. I met him during our board meetings at the BCA office, when it moved from IA to Colorado Springs. Nice man, and I was I wrote were his Exact words.
Yep. I emailed him once and he said exactly as you stated.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, rumors and conspiracy theories are a lot better than any truth. It is funny how someone can come up with that kind of crap and it gets repeated over and over. Lead, mercury ... jeez.

Hey, I'll throw in uranium. How about spreading that. Master chalk is made in Area 51. :)