Anyone ever try a center extension on a jump cue?

coxcol15

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious who's tried it? I struggle with a standard length (40-41") jump cue but not at all when I use my buddies 47". So the idea of getting a center extension popped in my head, before selling mine and buying a new one

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I have a $70 jump/break cue. If I have a longer distance to jump I use the butt portion and the shaft. The extra weight and length work better when the ball I am jumping is farther away.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious who's tried it? I struggle with a standard length (40-41") jump cue but not at all when I use my buddies 47". So the idea of getting a center extension popped in my head, before selling mine and buying a new one

Jacoby makes them off the shelf that way.

https://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cueobsessions/jacoby/jacoby_jump_cue-gray-ext.htm

I have a standard Jacoby jump cue and am thinking to get a mid extension for it actually, not because I have any trouble, but for different shots.

I say go for it. Try it. Why not?

I also have a Jacoby Masse cue.

I am also thinking of trying a mid extension in both the jumper and the masse cue to experiment breaking with them.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Players PureX jump/break 4 piece.
You can find them used easily. I got mine that was in perfect shape for something like 150 with shipping, maybe less.

61NSIoh9pML._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

LOL! An idea that came before it’s time. The bungee jump cue, created by John Barton, had a mid extension to make it longer. I still have one. I’ve had that for well over 15 years., If memory serves.

Freddie <~~~ memory often is out of service

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I have a $70 jump/break cue. If I have a longer distance to jump I use the butt portion and the shaft. The extra weight and length work better when the ball I am jumping is farther away.

I've done that too with my cheapo Action J/B cue, but usually on my home table. It has dual quick-release joints. Works fine and I wouldn't hesitate to use that setup anywhere, although I'm still happy with my Jacoby jump cue.

Maniac