$25,000 Brunswick table

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha! the cloth needs to go! But really nice otherwise. The Birdseye maple inlays are unreal. The rack is a collectors item too! Usually big pockets on those tables if they have not been altered- very wide angles into the drop areas too. Side pocket shots can be made from almost anywhere on the table! Very friendly tables if you like 14.1 as long as the table has some speed to it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed...I have owned one and played on a few old tables with those pockets that have the slate cut at <90° and they drop all balls that make it to the mouth.

Often, the ball crawling up the side rail slowly will literally Chang direction to drop in the side and it is crazy to see (the first 10x it happens, after that it just pisses you off).

Ha! the cloth needs to go! But really nice otherwise. The Birdseye maple inlays are unreal. The rack is a collectors item too! Usually big pockets on those tables if they have not been altered- very wide angles into the drop areas too. Side pocket shots can be made from almost anywhere on the table! Very friendly tables if you like 14.1 as long as the table has some speed to it.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
side pockets

Agreed...I have owned one and played on a few old tables with those pockets that have the slate cut at <90° and they drop all balls that make it to the mouth.

Often, the ball crawling up the side rail slowly will literally Chang direction to drop in the side and it is crazy to see (the first 10x it happens, after that it just pisses you off).

A lot of the old ten footers I played on long ago had very friendly pockets. Large bevels doing away with most of the shelf was the main thing I believe. I used to check early before playing anyone if a ball slow rolled down the rail would fall in a side pocket. A lot of times it would and I tried to save that shot and not show it to opponents until a really opportune time came along!

Hu

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

A lot of the old ten footers I played on long ago had very friendly pockets. Large bevels doing away with most of the shelf was the main thing I believe. I used to check early before playing anyone if a ball slow rolled down the rail would fall in a side pocket. A lot of times it would and I tried to save that shot and not show it to opponents until a really opportune time came along!

Hu

I’ve played on a bunch of old tables like that....9 and 10 foot.
The slate near the fall has actually been filed down slightly....
...pretty sure it goes back to the days when you played by the game instead of on time.
...management wanted those games over quickly.