Mosconi Cup Poll

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Seems there's a decent number of people here who are in serious doubt is Team USA can win this year.

Let's get everyone on record with a poll.

Be honest with yourself and us and predict it and tell why.

I'm voting Yes, Team USA will win. They finally won last year and in Europe no less. I think we have a stronger more seasoned team over last year and we have home field advantage.

Happy voting and bring on the Mosconi Cup, this is ours you euro dogs!

The rail is your best friend.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO its a pick 'em. Both teams are pretty strong. Home field doesn't mean a thing. The US has been smoked at home before. If betting i'd probably take the US and odds on the $$.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Shane has a winning record we win, if not we lose.......;)

I know.... I’m really going out on a limb here.....

Td

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not sure we can beat the CSI team. I think we’re favored but that doesn’t mean we will. Let’s get by them first and then we will know where we stand.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
IMO its a pick 'em. Both teams are pretty strong. Home field doesn't mean a thing. The US has been smoked at home before. If betting i'd probably take the US and odds on the $$.

Seems like it's a little quieter at home. Less hooting when U.S. players are down on the shot.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are the Fargo ratings of the players.

Shane: 824
Justin: 795
Sky: 795
Billy: 767
Tyler: 751

Filler: 821
Shaw: 820
Kaci: 810
Feijen: 807
Kazakis: 796

Notice that the lowest-rated Euro player is higher than all the US players except one.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
If Tyler can maintain composure, he'll play higher than that.

We just saw the thread of 585 beating Jayson Shaw.

Wonder how last year's numbers compare.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like it's a little quieter at home. Less hooting when U.S. players are down on the shot.
Euro's have won in Vegas 5 times, twice by BIG margins. Home court means nothing in this. A bunch of crazy-ass Euro loonies are there every time. Madhouse.

Last edited:

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
We would have to bus in a bunch of drunken nascar fans to even get near the ballpark of the level of disrespect the eurofans exhibit in London. Home field only offers a few more friendly faces for our guys, and a bit less sharking i hope.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Say we range their Fargo into these brackets:
800+ Ace
781-800 Queen
761-780 Jack
741-760 Ten

In poker parlance, USA goes to battle with a pair of Queens (1Ace+2Queen+1Jack+1Ten) while Europe has 4 Aces (4Aces +1Queen) :)

But last year Europe was favourite and still lost with similar strong team . Except this year they have Filler in place of Albin. Filler is Europe’s talisman and confidence booster and if he loses in early days, USA has a chance. Provided Shane plays his best and last year’s weak performers (Kazakis , Kaci, Niels) stumble again. A lot of ifs and a big factor is luck of draw.
Day 1 has 2 key singles which may decide whole thing. Last year Shane and Tyler won and got USA on the ground running with 3-2 lead on Day1.
This year 2 key singles on Day 1 will likely see Filler and Shaw or Niels against Shane and Sky or Berg. All great matchups