The story behind the Jackot cues

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can’t argue that. Except I hate scotch. Bourbon too. But I still have my cues and plenty of wine. And plenty of rum. For those rum drinkers out there go get a bottle of Zacapa XO. It’s not too expensive and smooth as anything.

Damn, I’ve been trying to wait until 5:00 to pour the first cocktail but thanks to you I’m going in 15minutes early. Thanks!

If you like tequila, try El Tesoro de Don Felipe Blanco. It isn't the most expensive 100% blue agave tequila, but it's good for sipping.

They claim, or used to, that they were the only tequila distillery makin homemade tequila by hand the old way with old equipment and methods. Maybe Schmelke makes it now, who knows.

And, no, just because Tesoro is the name doesn't mean it tastes like gasoline.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
18 pages deep and this thread has completely gone off the rails.

This isn't an argument of how one cue maker may charge $100 for a scope of work and someone with a higher profile may charge $300. That is a known thing that happens in the world. Same as if I go down to the grocery store and compare prices between "Honey Nut Cheerios" and "Honey Nut O's" They're more or less the same thing but only one of them has General Mills written on it so it will cost more.

The intended point of this thread was that Dean advertised that the Jackpot cues were being made by someone, sold them, and then revealed that he had LIED about the details he originally posted. This bait and switch sales tactic is the same as if I said I'll sell you a box of Cheerios for $5/box but really sold you a $1 box of Honey Nut O's. Regardless of whether that cereal was the best thing you've ever eaten, it doesn't make me less of a scumbag for selling you on one thing but delivering something else.

That's it, that's the argument. Regardless of how you feel about Dean, you should be able to admit that what he did is wrong and worth the condemnation he is receiving. If you can't, well I have a few boxes of Cheerios to sell you...
That's not what bait and switch is. Bait and switch is drawing you into a car dealership advertising $25,000 F-150's and telling you "that one sold but here's one for $29,000". Bait you into the store or keep you on the hook based on a deal that isn't really available and then switch to selling you something else on e you arrive at the store or already have hours invested on the phone.

When you advertise something as something it isn't it's called fraud.

Sent from the future.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ideologist gets annoyed when he can’t factually refute something I post and it’s entertaining to see
just how much I have gotten under his skin over the years. It’s actually funny to observe from afar.

Reactions: JC

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
When you advertise something as something it isn't it's called fraud.

izcOK4m.gif

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Ideologist gets annoyed when he can’t factually refute something I post and it’s entertaining to see
just how much I have gotten under his skin over the years. It’s actually funny to observe from afar.

What is there to refute? The unreadable wall of text, nobody can refute the illegible.

Your continued need to show everyone how smart you are is obvious, and we understand you are the most intelligent poster on AZ.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So after 286 replies is Dean ever going to be able to sell a cue here?
Will he ever post again?
If I was him I would just fade away.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Will he ever post again?

He must be thrilled the target moved off his back a few pages ago. My only input on "Jackpot" cues, aside from the obvious shady game he ran, is that I'd never buy a cue from Dean just based on his for sale posts. Whether it's my average intelligence or 40 years as a professional sales guy, he's too far over the top. Tries too hard. Confuses the subject with his constant, meaningless jabber.

He likes to distract in his "selling". That's not a quality trait in someone you are thinking about spending money with, online. Warranties, guarantees be damned.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

Will he ever post again?

I don't think it will change much of anything. He won't be able to pull this particular stunt again for a while but he'll continue pretty much business as usual, advertising in the main forum, claiming to quit pool every 5 months or so, and starting a new thread everytime he needs a phone number or some other simple thing.

Sent from the future.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you like tequila, try El Tesoro de Don Felipe Blanco. It isn't the most expensive 100% blue agave tequila, but it's good for sipping.

They claim, or used to, that they were the only tequila distillery makin homemade tequila by hand the old way with old equipment and methods. Maybe Schmelke makes it now, who knows.

And, no, just because Tesoro is the name doesn't mean it tastes like gasoline.

Last time I had tequila was in Key West the night I turned 21. Woke up in a church. Can't even imagine having any again.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree. It is comical.

Same for (il)logical.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I agree. It is comical.

Same for (il)logical.

You haven't been factually refuted? You're excusing a fraud by puffing your chest out and talking about how you play.

People got swindled and Dean was callous enough to come on and say he wasn't sorry.

But you make balls so all is well.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you guys for entertaining me the last hour.

Seller offers a great cue and suggest a cue maker made it. No pictures. People buy and happy with it. In actuality it was a cheap ass cue that was marked up as a premium cue and seller is supposed an expert in cues? Talked to all the big names in the business? I think he was purposely being deceitful.

There are a lot of beginners on this forum and the most experienced would probably not deal with deanoc but there are the unsuspecting that may be very happy of their purchase but I rather help new and unsuspecting members than allow a seasoned seller con them.

I will not hate or defend the seller because I noticed his practices the very first time I read one of his for sale posts. Mystery cues my ass. We want to be as transparent as possible in this day of e-commerce.

Last edited:

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

You were rambling aimlessly on about the costs involved with business. The thread is about your boy Dean being a lying crook. So what exactly was your point? Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.