Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page The Biggest reason Lower level players can't improve ????
Page 26 of 43 « First 16242526 272836 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Perfect Example of players doing things that are wrong..
Old
  (#376)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member
genomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Thumbs up Perfect Example of players doing things that are wrong.. - 09-05-2020, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb9ball View Post
And, he's obviously not looking at the cue ball on the first one either, although we can't tell if he is looking at the object ball or not.
This was a perfect example of a player doing things wrong and still doing pretty good. So many players play so good in spite of what they are doing.

I did 5 full lessons this week and everyone needed so much help. They were fairly good players but there was so much wrong with everything.

It was just small adjustments with each players but the results were huge.

Making pool great again for 5 lucky player this week. It doesn't get any better than this.

Just Like Chess
Old
  (#377)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

Just Like Chess - 09-05-2020, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
The key to winning is forgetting you are playing anybody at all.

You are playing the table.

If you are not at the table you are not playing...you are sitting.

When you are at the table, it is you and the table...your opponent is sitting.

When it is your move playing chess your opponent is just sitting. So you are not playing your opponent but the board. I wonder why chess players haven't figured that out!

Hu

Old
  (#378)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

09-05-2020, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
When it is your move playing chess your opponent is just sitting. So you are not playing your opponent but the board. I wonder why chess players haven't figured that out!

Hu
They have not figure out what make sense, observation is on mark. Tried Chess from time to time, never did well at it, I was to busy to learn the strategy, moves, and last had the ability to predict other person strategy. IMHO Chess is like Pool if you want to be great it must be life's work.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Last edited by CocoboloCowboy; 09-05-2020 at 07:28 AM.

Old
  (#379)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-06-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
They have not figure out what make sense, observation is on mark. Tried Chess from time to time, never did well at it, I was to busy to learn the strategy, moves, and last had the ability to predict other person strategy. IMHO Chess is like Pool if you want to be great it must be life's work.
Never did well at chess? Why is that? Didn’t have a coach or buy and read a chess book. I got 3 times more pool books then chess books, but without the chess books I’d be lost, and would have taken a lifetime to get beyond beginner level. Nothing cuts the learning curve like good coaching.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#380)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

09-06-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Never did well at chess? Why is that? Didn’t have a coach or buy and read a chess book. I got 3 times more pool books then chess books, but without the chess books I’d be lost, and would have taken a lifetime to get beyond beginner level. Nothing cuts the learning curve like good coaching.
Well here is the deal if I was young, and want to be really great at a sport. My choice would be Golf. I would work my backside off master that game.

Most PAG Pro make a nice living out of the game, when you get up in years then move on to the SR. PGA Tour.

High side is a where you say I should have, but Golf is not cheap to get equipped in, and green fees get pricy. So you might just have to work a real job, to chase that dream until you make the PGA Tour.

Most people who expect to be really great at anything from getting great grade in H/S, or College. Or even a Sport work at it real hard. Good friend has two girl who both got full college Schlorship in sports, one was basket ball, the other was shocker.

These kids were not lucky, they work at their sport real hard, and we're lucky family was able to pay the price in the off season to have them on great traveling club teams. College scout say their potential, and both got free ride to colleges. Truth was the free ride did cost time, energy, cost of club sports teams, travel, motels, meals, etc. So the FREE College education was paid for but less then the cost of the opportunity to go to college for free.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Last edited by CocoboloCowboy; 09-06-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Cookie man..........
Old
  (#381)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member
genomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond repute

Cookie man.......... - 09-08-2020, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
Then report it if that's how you feel.
By the way, Gene is an instructor with good information, and that seems to upset you because you can't get the info for free. Would you do your job and not get paid?
I still remember being in your part of the country. That was so much fun. From there I went and played in a US open qualifier.

I'm so busy now I can't believe it. I'm helping more people on skype than I could ever imagine.

Last week I did 5 full in person 4 hours lessons. I did 9 skype lessons. Plus I won the Friday night tourney at CR's, Sat won Stooges tourney, Sun won Stooges tourney, And tonight I won Shooters tourney. Not a bad week. Had some fun.

Bottom line is at 67 I can still play. I demonstrate my skill every week. If I didn't know how to get the eyes right there would be no way I could show off how well
what I teach works.

If they only knew how important what I teach is they would line up.

Oh well. Still so many to help. Just one player at a time.

Nice to hear from you ......

Last edited by genomachino; 09-08-2020 at 02:32 AM.

One more thought to share......my friend...
Old
  (#382)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member

One more thought to share......my friend... - 09-09-2020, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_JV View Post
Really...? I thought all the positive feedback from those who have dealt with Gene is what has legitimized this thread. The poo poo'ers are just that, and offer nothing but view/post count. No different than any other thread on AZ with active self righteous arm chair quarterbacks.

All that said, when the focus of this thread was on eye dominance, I was discreetly poo poo'ing as much as anyone else. I didn't doubt the phyiscal manifestation of eye dominance but how it could keep players from playing well escaped me. Gene privately offered me a free Skype lesson mulitple times. At first I refused, but then for what I thought would be for entertainment sake, I took him up on it. I went through some short drills with him and he uncovered some aspects of my aiming process that I had always white washed as a part of the game. Truth be told, I was compensating, and I'll add, I am really good at that compensating. However it was enlightening to have someone explain to me what was actually going on.

Gene was an absolute pleasure to deal with. Made absolutely no sales pitch to buy any DVD. Did not even elude to the notion that I should post a review of my time spent with him. However, I did anyways. Why...? Because I felt a man of his obvious character and ethusiasum for the game, deserved what positive light I could shine in his direction. I hope to one day meet the man in person and buy him a drink.

What cookie man said... I don't have a problem with people thinking their opinions make more sense then Gene's. Even if he's 100% correct, it won't mean he approach is right for everyone. However, Gene's character and his desire to help players improve is without reproach. Just because the man is so good at it, he also has to ability to earn some coin along the way doesn't make him a swindler.
One very important thing that I did not share during the skype was how important it is to be the same distance from the cue ball all the time.

Some shots we cannot do this but for the most part we can be in that perfect position that a ball player would call his wheel house.

Many players keep sneaking back and start leaning to far to reach the shot. This happens accidently from time to time and the player can't really tell what is going on.

The way to find your wheel house is to just move up as far as you can to the shot. Not too close but as close as you can and still be comfortable.

This also stops the player from looking too much out of the top of the eyes. Just look up as far as you can with just your eyes. Usually one will try to go up further and you might go cross-eyed. If your looking too much out of the top of your eyes when down on a shot and this happens a little you really can't tell except the shot looks really tough for some reason.

When we get a little older this happens allot when we look out of the top of the eyes. The muscles get weaker.

Just a little something to think about and play around with.

Thanks again for your shared thoughts here on AZ. Good Luck my friend...

Old
  (#383)
Robert.Beak
Registered
Robert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond repute

09-09-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaw View Post
Make a circle with your finger and thumb and look through at an object across the room. Close each eye until the object is still visible through the circle. The open eye is dominant.

Hello! I'm a beginner, just starting and every smart guy tells me every time what to do, namely, he tells me not to squint one eye before hitting, tell me if I should listen to them ??

Tough call there but pretty simple...
Old
  (#384)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member

Tough call there but pretty simple... - 09-09-2020, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Beak View Post
Hello! I'm a beginner, just starting and every smart guy tells me every time what to do, namely, he tells me not to squint one eye before hitting, tell me if I should listen to them ??
Hi Robert, You can pick some things up from many players but there are so many players that try to help beginners that don't have a clue how to help them. Good intentions are what they are?

What I am doing on skype with these lessons I do are getting results that are off the charts from beginner to the pro level players. I know exactly what I am talking about and not afraid to show anyone and expect rave reviews.

3 hours with myself on skype will increase your learning curve 10 fold.

One thing for sure. You will get only good advice from me. Pool is pretty simple. Every single part of the game there is one best way. I really strive to learn and teach this best way.

I was doing about 12 lessons a week for free on skype. Now I'm charging $150. This price for what you learn is rediculously low. Take advantage for sure.

I thought by charging I would do less. So far I'm booked up for the next 10 days.

Most are from referrals. Send me a pm and I'll get you on the right track..

Old
  (#385)
Robert.Beak
Registered
Robert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond reputeRobert.Beak has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genomachino View Post
Hi Robert, You can pick some things up from many players but there are so many players that try to help beginners that don't have a clue how to help them. Good intentions are what they are?

What I am doing on skype with these lessons I do are getting results that are off the charts from beginner to the pro level players. I know exactly what I am talking about and not afraid to show anyone and expect rave reviews.

3 hours with myself on skype will increase your learning curve 10 fold.

One thing for sure. You will get only good advice from me. Pool is pretty simple. Every single part of the game there is one best way. I really strive to learn and teach this best way.

I was doing about 12 lessons a week for free on skype. Now I'm charging $150. This price for what you learn is rediculously low. Take advantage for sure.

I thought by charging I would do less. So far I'm booked up for the next 10 days.

Most are from referrals. Send me a pm and I'll get you on the right track..
Thank you so much! I will definitely contact you. Looked at the market - $ 150 is a really ridiculous price.

Old
  (#386)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2020, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
Well here is the deal if I was young, and want to be really great at a sport. My choice would be Golf. I would work my backside off master that game.

Most PAG Pro make a nice living out of the game, when you get up in years then move on to the SR. PGA Tour.

High side is a where you say I should have, but Golf is not cheap to get equipped in, and green fees get pricy. So you might just have to work a real job, to chase that dream until you make the PGA Tour.

Most people who expect to be really great at anything from getting great grade in H/S, or College. Or even a Sport work at it real hard. Good friend has two girl who both got full college Schlorship in sports, one was basket ball, the other was shocker.

These kids were not lucky, they work at their sport real hard, and we're lucky family was able to pay the price in the off season to have them on great traveling club teams. College scout say their potential, and both got free ride to colleges. Truth was the free ride did cost time, energy, cost of club sports teams, travel, motels, meals, etc. So the FREE College education was paid for but less then the cost of the opportunity to go to college for free.
And those kids got good from great coaching, that’s a fact. Natural talent helps, but lots of folks with a ton of talent never make it. Good coaching is the difference in so many sports. That’s the point. Does anyone think SVB only became good because of practice. He had good coaching as well.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#387)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2020, 06:45 PM

Who coached Shane Van Boening?

r/DCP

Playing Cue: Chad Carter Custom - Bloodwood & Holly
Break Cue: Schon butt/Chad Carter shaft
Table: Gold Crown IV
Cloth: Simonis 860 Apple Green

This again? Cue ball last still works...
Old
  (#388)
straightline
AzB Silver Member
straightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond repute

This again? Cue ball last still works... - 09-10-2020, 06:55 PM

anyways,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCue'sProtege View Post

r/DCP
His mom prolly but he supposedly comes from a line of pool. Immersion you know...

Old
  (#389)
u12armresl
One Pocket back cutter
u12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2020, 07:24 PM

Shane has had lessons with 5 of the 6 people you have had lessons with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCue'sProtege View Post

r/DCP

Old
  (#390)
Robert.Beak
Registered

09-11-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
How can you tell which eye correctly is dominant?
Place the chalk on the far, short side of the table. Themselves stand at the front short side and, keeping both eyes open, point your index finger at the chalk and focus on it. Close your left eye. If your index finger continues to point at the crayon, then you have an aiming eye

Page 26 of 43 « First 16242526 272836 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: