A plea to CSI regarding SVB vs Ko

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Can you please increase the length of the race?

We just saw SVB obliterate Ekonomopolous in a race to 50. Had the race been to 21 SVB still would have won but given the score at the end a race to 21 simply would not have truly let the fans witness the true chasm that exists between SVB and Ekonomopolous.

Ko has for "years" been one of the only players on this planet that many people think may have the speed to actually compete with SVB in a long set, he may have the ability to play at that same high level, but win or lose a race to 21 is not going to answer the question. it is too short and will not give both players ample time to get comfortable after the early match jitters, figure out the way the table breaks, and show us their true top gear and how they truly compare as players.

Getting Ko and SVB together in the same room at the same time to play each other took years, please dont blow this opportunity on a short race to 21. Make it a race to 50 so we can finally see if Ko and SVB are really as close as many think they are. They have already played shorter races in tournaments, we have already seen that and already have results from those matches and they have not answered the question everyone really wants to know the answer to. Make this a race to 50 so we can finally "know" where these two stand.

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I couldn't agree more. If not a race to 50, have to separate races to 21 over a 2 day span. If they split, go to a third race. Of course, this is ideal for the fans, but a schedule like this may not be conducive for the competitors?

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Since when is a race 21 a short race? In my opinion a race from 21-27 is an ideal length. It's long enough to even out some rolls and give us a chance to see the guys put some packages together, but it's not so long that it's hard to stay interested throughout the entire contest.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Since when is a race 21 a short race? In my opinion a race from 21-27 is an ideal length. It's long enough to even out some rolls and give us a chance to see the guys put some packages together, but it's not so long that it's hard to stay interested throughout the entire contest.

Agreed. 21 is plenty. My request would be to have an independent racker of the balls.

Colormegone2002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm with the OP on this one.At least a race to 50 because then you shouldn't have either one saying "Damn if it had been a race to 50,I know I could have beat him".And you shouldn't hear anyone else say that either.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
We already know what would happen in a race to 50. Shane would horsef#$$ him just like he has everyone else. That being said, I too would prefer a race to 50 or 100 because it would silence everyone that still thinks anyone in the world has a chance at beating him.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member

I agree with you as well.

For this viewer, a race to 21 is plenty long enough. I would only tune into the end stages of a long match. I guess my curiosity as to who is the best or not is not very great though. I just enjoy watching great pool and I don't really care who is playing or winning.

BelleBelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you play as good as these two a race to 21 is short. It's almost the same as playing pro golf on a par three course.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like this match will take place July 17th, a day before the start of the big 16 man invitational event.

So I doubt they will have it too long of a race. Race to 30 will probably be max considered.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Race to 50, 1 day is perfect......a race to 21 is a long race for bangers, not much for 2 of the best on the planet.

These two may never get to play again, this match will have more side action then any match in recent history. Alots riding on this one.

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with all who says make it a race to 50 if possible

also winner breaks I hope

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I do not think anyone lost interest watching Shane slaughter Dechaine or Ekonomopoulos. Pool at that level is interesting.

Agreed. 21 is plenty. My request would be to have an independent racker of the balls.

21 would not have given the opportunity to witness just how amazing that level of play is. Shane has done this (bnr >50%) a couple times now. It can no longer be considered a small sample size fluke. This is the new level of "the best".

We already know what would happen in a race to 50. Shane would horsef#$$ him just like he has everyone else. That being said, I too would prefer a race to 50 or 100 because it would silence everyone that still thinks anyone in the world has a chance at beating him.

No doubt. Please someone bet on Ko if they increase the race.

Jodacus

Shoot...don't talk
Silver Member
Ko vs SVB

If its winner breaks then a longer race (50?) would be
better. Give both players an opportunity to put packages
together. If its alternate breaks then the shorter race
will suffice, but there would still be unanswered questions.

NineBallNut

Silver Member
I Think that getting together a match of this caliber, you should either play multiple sets or extend the race. if one of these guys is in dead stroke, or even both, this match will be over before you know it. This has the potential to be spectacular so why not get the most out of it you can. :)

shaggybahama

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with the OP , but also in appreciation to the players, when we consider they have a only hrs after which to go into the 16 player battle, then we as AZ'ers should add a $10-20 payable to the winner , who IMHO will be SVB.