Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page I am a Producer for American Road Player, Let's Talk
Page 1 of 16 1 2311 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
I am a Producer for American Road Player, Let's Talk
Old
  (#1)
SidePocketProd
AzB Silver Member
SidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

I am a Producer for American Road Player, Let's Talk - 12-06-2014, 02:39 PM

Hi Everyone! I’m new to this website and forum. My name is Peyton Thomas and I am a producer for the new reality web series “American Road Player”. After I posted our Promotional Video, I’ve followed along on the forums for the last week or so and have enjoyed reading all the stories and opinions. I wanted to start this forum to be able to answer any questions and give you more info about our funding campaign on indiegogo.com.

Bottom line is we need all of you to help make this happen! We are looking to raise the final amount to complete our budget through this crowd-funding platform. For your donation you will receive great perks, many of which were donated by our sponsors: Diamond Billiards, Derby City Classic, Hustlin USA, Pool Dawg and azbilliards.com. These companies have joined our efforts because they believe in our show, our cast and our team. The donation levels begin as low as $15. Every dollar counts. This is not about how much, it’s about how many. Here is the link to the indiegogo site:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a...ayer/x/9130349

Check out the site and pass it on to you circles. If I can get my fellow pool players to join together and donate, even just a little each, the millions of Indiegogo “regulars” will run with it and commit to our cause also.

Attached are a few flyers explaining our perks.

I look forward to discussing the show and the funding campaign.

Thanks
Peyton
Attached Images

Old
  (#2)
peteypooldude
I see Edges
peteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2014, 04:25 PM

I love it. To me it's perfect. My only suggestion would be to get Derek Leonard AKA Chew-Bacca involved. He's also a road played with a big personality and some hilarious barking and game making. Scooter knows him well as does anyone in the southeast.
I know several road players but they don't get any better than Scooter and Chew. If you can have a website where we can watch the entire set played after the episode ends would be great. Since you asked for suggestion..... Please ignore the haters. They will find fault in the Popes attire or anything else that comes up. My best advice is to log out this forum before the rocks start flying .
Good luck and I personally think it's great

"I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a more intellegent statement than this one." - Unknown

"'i didnt shoot bad the table beat me' - Did the table miscue for you too?" - JCIN

"My game will be your teacher." - CJ Wiley
AKA-Body-Lock

Old
  (#3)
miscrewed89
AzB Silver Member
miscrewed89 has a reputation beyond reputemiscrewed89 has a reputation beyond reputemiscrewed89 has a reputation beyond reputemiscrewed89 has a reputation beyond reputemiscrewed89 has a reputation beyond reputemiscrewed89 has a reputation beyond reputemiscrewed89 has a reputation beyond reputemiscrewed89 has a reputation beyond reputemiscrewed89 has a reputation beyond reputemiscrewed89 has a reputation beyond reputemiscrewed89 has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2014, 04:48 PM

I think the show is a great idea! Although there are many, many players who play better than Scooter, his personality is what will make the show successful. I do have a question though... since it is supposed to be a "reality" show, what happens if Scooter and the gang go broke on the first night? There is a chance of that happening if it truly is reality... They start out with $2500, have to put gas in the car, pay for a hotel room, eat, and then make a game to profit after the expenses of the road?

"I don't hate the game, I just hate the way I play!"

"If you're asking ME for weight, then you need a new hobby!"

"You can have the bragging rights! I'll take the cash!"

Old
  (#4)
ineedaspot
AzB Silver Member
ineedaspot has a reputation beyond reputeineedaspot has a reputation beyond reputeineedaspot has a reputation beyond reputeineedaspot has a reputation beyond reputeineedaspot has a reputation beyond reputeineedaspot has a reputation beyond reputeineedaspot has a reputation beyond reputeineedaspot has a reputation beyond reputeineedaspot has a reputation beyond reputeineedaspot has a reputation beyond reputeineedaspot has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2014, 04:51 PM

I have a question. I like the concept but it seems to me that going around pool halls with a TV crew in tow is gonna be a pretty hard knock on anyone's action. As in, "Hi, umm, I'm making a tv show about taking money from unsuspecting suckers like you. Wanna play some 9-ball?"

If it's done right, I think this show could be great. There's a lot of substantive drama in trying to making on the road, both on and off the table. I'm just wondering how to get around the fact that bringing TV cameras into a pool hall is going to change the whole dynamic.

Old
  (#5)
MahnaMahna
Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
MahnaMahna has a reputation beyond reputeMahnaMahna has a reputation beyond reputeMahnaMahna has a reputation beyond reputeMahnaMahna has a reputation beyond reputeMahnaMahna has a reputation beyond reputeMahnaMahna has a reputation beyond reputeMahnaMahna has a reputation beyond reputeMahnaMahna has a reputation beyond reputeMahnaMahna has a reputation beyond reputeMahnaMahna has a reputation beyond reputeMahnaMahna has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5642

12-06-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedaspot View Post
I have a question. I like the concept but it seems to me that going around pool halls with a TV crew in tow is gonna be a pretty hard knock on anyone's action. As in, "Hi, umm, I'm making a tv show about taking money from unsuspecting suckers like you. Wanna play some 9-ball?"

If it's done right, I think this show could be great. There's a lot of substantive drama in trying to making on the road, both on and off the table. I'm just wondering how to get around the fact that bringing TV cameras into a pool hall is going to change the whole dynamic.
The vast majority of the reality shows on TV are fake, this one will be no different.

Old
  (#6)
lost
AzB Silver Member
lost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
The vast majority of the reality shows on TV are fake, this one will be no different.
True. I wonder how many cars are "repo-ed" outside of pool halls.

On another note, I'm starting a new show called "Pool Hall Rescue". Hey Bar Rescue does OK.

Old
  (#7)
vagabond
AzB Silver Member
vagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidePocketProd View Post
Hi Everyone! I’m new to this website and forum. My name is Peyton Thomas and I am a producer for the new reality web series “American Road Player”.

I look forward to discussing the show and the funding campaign.

Thanks
Peyton
I liked the "teaser" trailor. Liked every aspect of it including audio,visual effects,sharpness of the picture. I wish you all the best in your venture.
U may consider Cameo appearences by " Angry White ". Scooter knows who I am talking about.

Hustling in pool is an art and I will defend it till I die.

Old
  (#8)
SidePocketProd
AzB Silver Member
SidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond reputeSidePocketProd has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2014, 05:58 PM

Hi. Thanks for the positive responses. I don't know Derek Leonard but he sounds very interesting. The fact is that we are open to talking to anyone who is interested in playing. I have been following Scooter and Spanky for three years so we have met many great players and personalities. The idea behind the "Money counter" is to show the reality of the world. We are not going to script this. We are only going to set up situations, characters and games that we feel will be organic and interesting. I have found in the last three years that these stories and characters are interesting enough to excite an audience therefore I do not need to script. We will edit it truthfully but with storytelling in mind. In other words, tell the story within a television format that will keep you coming back. We have also found that the cameras are not a deterrent to these great situations. After all, isn't that what make this great. These are true entertainers that will interest not only pool enthusiasts but also the average American who will attach themselves to a world that they know nothing about! That is the beauty of this show that lives within a sport that needs new blood.
I ask you to check out the campaign and help me get this going. I am fully invested an I can see how people are looking for something new, something real. It only take few to get it started. Thanks!

Old
  (#9)
SidePocketProd
AzB Silver Member

12-06-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
I liked the "teaser" trailor. Liked every aspect of it including audio,visual effects,sharpness of the picture. I wish you all the best in your venture.
U may consider Cameo appearences by " Angry White ". Scooter knows who I am talking about.
Thank you. The entire series will be shot in the same style and professionalism. We are open to all characters who are interested.

If you haven't already, please check out the site and spread the word. It only takes a little extra from everyone to make a difference!
Thanks

Old
  (#10)
scttybee
AzB Silver Member
scttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

12-06-2014, 06:08 PM

Will you guys be in ny or nj ?

Old
  (#11)
mnotdun
AzB Silver Member
mnotdun has a reputation beyond reputemnotdun has a reputation beyond reputemnotdun has a reputation beyond reputemnotdun has a reputation beyond reputemnotdun has a reputation beyond reputemnotdun has a reputation beyond reputemnotdun has a reputation beyond reputemnotdun has a reputation beyond reputemnotdun has a reputation beyond reputemnotdun has a reputation beyond reputemnotdun has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2014, 06:09 PM

Pool has been suffering a slow dyin death since the good ol days (late 80's to 90's) where all you had to do was get paged by your budro's.. "beep" "beep"... and you knew your fav-o-rite room just had the latest road-player walk in.. Back then, you could've walked in one wknd and seen Gene the Machine walkin round with a broom stick in his hand.. chummin up bettors.. then the next wknd seen Grossman and Little David chattin in a corner about some new fresh-faced kid in the back called Deuel..

But what do we have now.. just a shell of what it used to be. A few rumors every once in a while about so-and-so who played this-dude-or-that-dude for 10k set.. we need a spark to get the game back on the map..

So if this so-called reality show is gona be the next comin of our hallowed game.. then hell, tear it up..I'm ready. I'd like to see these new era iphone hambone boys get some rabble rousin goin like it used to be..

-just donated $15

Old
  (#12)
SidePocketProd
AzB Silver Member

12-06-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
Everything you see in the promotional video is real. We have not scripted anything in three years and we will not in the future. What makes this great is that I don't have to script it, the stories and characters speak for themselves. The characters and situations will be real and we will only effect in a way that we can capture it but not change it. We will make it a "show" format out of the footage and tell the story in way that will keep people's interest, but it will all be true and unscripted. Thanks!

Old
  (#13)
Allen Brown
Pool Whale
Allen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-06-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidePocketProd View Post
Thank you. The entire series will be shot in the same style and professionalism. We are open to all characters who are interested.

If you haven't already, please check out the site and spread the word. It only takes a little extra from everyone to make a difference!
Thanks
Do you have a list of pool halls you will be going to when you start?

Old
  (#14)
SidePocketProd
AzB Silver Member

12-06-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnotdun View Post
Pool has been suffering a slow dyin death since the good ol days (late 80's to 90's) where all you had to do was get paged by your budro's.. "beep" "beep"... and you knew your fav-o-rite room just had the latest road-player walk in.. Back then, you could've walked in one wknd and seen Gene the Machine walkin round with a broom stick in his hand.. chummin up bettors.. then the next wknd seen Grossman and Little David chattin in a corner about some new fresh-faced kid in the back called Deuel..

But what do we have now.. just a shell of what it used to be. A few rumors every once in a while about so-and-so who played this-dude-or-that-dude for 10k set.. we need a spark to get the game back on the map..

So if this so-called reality show is gona be the next comin of our hallowed game.. then hell, tear it up..I'm ready. I'd like to see these new era iphone hambone boys get some rabble rousin goin like it used to be..

-just donated $15
THANK YOU! Your passion is what this sport has, but it has not been shown in a long while. People want to feel that passion. I want to show that passion. Watching pool is fun???? I say, hell yes it is and I want more people to experience THAT. Thanks for the donation!!!

Old
  (#15)
SidePocketProd
AzB Silver Member

12-06-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scttybee View Post
Will you guys be in ny or nj ?
Not finalized yet but very good chance we will.

Page 1 of 16 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: