Charleston, SC

wolfgang

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two Keys Tavern on Collage Park Rd in Ladson in between Summerville and Charleston.

7ft Diamond Tables

strokenpoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look up a spot called tuckers... it's a hide away and they have 9fts

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Two Keys Tavern on Collage Park Rd in Ladson in between Summerville and Charleston.

7ft Diamond Tables

What happened to all of the nice pool halls that were in and around Charleston back in the late 90s? Can't remember the names, but I think there were a chain of nice pool rooms there. I guess a lot has probably changed in the last 18 years.

Shughes13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool is absolutely dead in the myrtle beach area... Only maybe 3,spots I know that have weekly 8 ball tourneys in bars with valleys and it's a struggle to get 8 people to show

wolfgang

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happened to all of the nice pool halls that were in and around Charleston back in the late 90s? Can't remember the names, but I think there were a chain of nice pool rooms there. I guess a lot has probably changed in the last 18 years.

Bypass Billiards Closed
Golden Cue Closed
Player Place Billiards still open I would not recommend.

The Hulk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

7ft Diamond Tables

+1 ( this is a good place to play, they have 2 locations now but I personally perfer the original one off college park over the newer one)

Tucker's is nice and has a lot of history in Charleston (also the owners are great people) but it Is not what it used to be (by that I mean. I really wouldent consider it a pool hall anymore but more like a billiards supply and manufacturing business that you can go and play pool at between the hours of 11am and 5/6pm.

This guy runs in my opinion the best tournaments in Charleston hands down( plus he's probably one of the nicest most straight up guys I've ever met in my life). He has tournaments at different locations on different nights( he has one every night (or day Saturday and Sunday) of the week except Thursday (most of his tournaments are handicapped so you either have to have a established local handicap or a trusted person whomknows your level of play tells him what they think you should to establish a handicap/ if not you play as a 8 or 9 the first few times so he can rank you properly)

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=421013234631639&refsrc=http://www.google.com/&_rdr

This is the league most of the better players around here play in on Mondays . They have moved bars twice since I've lived here and I heard they just moved again to Happy Hours off Dorchester rd.

http://www.charlestonmasters9ball.com

A few other bars and places to play that have no handicap bar style tourneys that just about anyone can play are:

Kcmulligans: fri.,sat.,sun.,tues
JR's: sat
Sand dollar: thurs

Over all I would say the pool scene in the Charleston area is pretty strong with multiple tourneys and or leagues every night of the week and most of the pool player are pretty friendly. Only thing really missing here in a city this size is a nice pool hall with 10 or more 9ft pro am's or Gold Crowns( like a previous poster stated I would not recommend the 2 player's place locations and the beat up old Gandys that are poorly maintained as they are mostly teen hangouts.

So that's my advise on pool in Charleston and a few of the bars and public places. I keep saying public because there are a few other good places but they are private clubs.

Good luck and hope you enjoy the area...

Last edited:
Bypass Billiards Closed
Golden Cue Closed
Player Place Billiards still open I would not recommend.

Thanks for the info. Would you happen to remember a place (an arcade / pool hall / bar) that was downtown? When you walked in, there was an arcade, but further back there were a bunch of 9 foot tables and a full bar (kind of strange for a bar / pool hall to be connected to an arcade, but that was what I remember about the place). It was really nice I thought. The tables were decent, but not anything great (like a Brunswick GC for example). I used to play there every day. Really liked the place. I left Charleston in late 98, and when I came back about 10 years later, the place was gone. Charleston;s downtown did not seem to be the same Charleston that I remembered either. The downtown area seemed to be completely different. I still really love Charleston though.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This guy runs in my opinion the best tournaments in Charleston hands down( plus he's probably one of the nicest most straight up guys I've ever met in my life). He has tournaments at different locations on different nights( he has one every night (or day Saturday and Sunday) of the week except Thursday (most of his tournaments are handicapped so you either have to have a established local handicap or a trusted person whomknows your level of play tells him what they think you should to establish a handicap/ if not you play as a 8 or 9 the first few times so he can rank you properly)

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=421013234631639&refsrc=http://www.google.com/&_rdr

Agree. Bubba is the best.

Charleston is mostly bar tables, but lots of places to play! If you're looking to gamble, there's a dude named Rusty who has a little room with two 9' diamonds and people are always willing to bet there. Ask around and you'll find it easily. Lots of great dudes in that area.

king louie

Registered
I don't understand with all the great pool eldridge tucker played thru the years, why isn't more written about him.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll be in Charleston Friday and Saturday. Where's Rusty's place?
Prefer 9'ers.

It's been a few years, so I don't remember the exact address. It's on Red Bank Rd in Goose Creek near Goose Creek Blvd. If you go to one of the local tournaments there should be guys that can steer you in. Really friendly people at Rusty's.