I would like to accept Stan's $5,000 challenge

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would LIKE to accept the challenge but nobody seems to know exactly what it is. It seems to be more of a weapon used to make "skeptics" look like they don't really understand anything. What is the challenge, Stan? It might be fun to do. Few questions:

1. Who is the judge of success or failure,
2. Who holds the cash,
3. What are the specifics of the actual challenge,
4. Is there a time limit for submission,
5. Will there be multiple payouts possible if more than one person gets it right?

Thanks.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would LIKE to accept the challenge but nobody seems to know exactly what it is. It seems to be more of a weapon used to make "skeptics" look like they don't really understand anything. What is the challenge, Stan? It might be fun to do. Few questions:

2. Who holds the cash,
5. Will there be multiple payouts possible if more than one person gets it right?

Thanks.

This, I believe, is a losing proposition. You've already lost, regardless of whether or not your explanation of CTE is accurate. The reason why is because the judge will most likely be someone who has spent the last several years working with CTE, 100% indoctrinated. I think you'll have a slim to zero chance of getting a nonpartisan judgment. I mean, look how the whole "throw" topic worked out. :embarrassed2:

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This, I believe, is a losing proposition. You've already lost, regardless of whether or not your explanation of CTE is accurate. The reason why is because the judge will most likely be someone who has spent the last several years working with CTE, 100% indoctrinated. I think you'll have a slim to zero chance of getting a nonpartisan judgment. I mean, look how the whole "throw" topic worked out. :embarrassed2:

I dunno. Depends on the actual requirement and who the judge is. For example, if the challenge is to accurately describe and perform each step in the process and the moderator is someone who both sides believe is an independent, trusted person, then it could work.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I dunno. Depends on the actual requirement and who the judge is. For example, if the challenge is to accurately describe and perform each step in the process and the moderator is someone who both sides believe is an independent, trusted person, then it could work.

Oh. You have a point there. I was thinking you'd have to describe exactly how it works. Just doing the steps is quite simple, but doing them in a manner that gives accurate and consistent results takes practice. So if they'll overlook your lack of practicing the method, you should do a fine job.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
If the challenge is really true, I think Stan is shooting himself on the foot .

He put out TWO DVD's and I don't know how many YT videos.
Does that mean one cannot explain CTE after watching all that video ?

Since it is an objective system, there shouldn't a different point of view from shooter to shooter, dun't it ?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

2. Who holds the cash,

Thanks.

Go do it. What's stopping you? Stan is easy to get a hold of.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happens if the guy taking the test executes perfectly... and then can't make a ball?

Lou Figueroa
not too farfetched

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
The negotiations oughta be entertaining - but I wouldn't get my hopes up that they'll lead anywhere. The ultimate judge of whether or not Stan loses his $5K will inevitably be Stan himself.

pj
chgo

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Next step is to challenge Lou to a high stakes 1p match.

lol.

Just days before our match JB claimed to have spent 15 hours with Stan learning the nuances of Pro1. I heard that and actually said to myself, "Thank you, Baby Jesus."

Lou Figueroa

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Lurkers are seeing the true colors of the naysayers here. Stan doesn't post here. That's why these babies post this shit.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
If don't take the "challenge" , you're clueless.
If you take the "challenge" , you're obsessed.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The negotiations oughta be entertaining - but I wouldn't get my hopes up that they'll lead anywhere. The ultimate judge of whether or not Stan loses his $5K will inevitably be Stan himself.

pj
chgo

Well, it takes two to negotiate. I'm beginning to think this whole $5k challenge thing was nothing more than bluster.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If don't take the "challenge" , you're clueless.
If you take the "challenge" , you're obsessed.

lol. Astute observation! Just another inconsistency that will go unmentioned.

As far as obsession goes, what do you call a guy who responds to every single post if it is somehow related, even in any tiny way possible, to CTE, and does not hold CTE up to be the gold standard? Some people can't simply let others have their own opinion.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol. Astute observation! Just another inconsistency that will go unmentioned.

As far as obsession goes, what do you call a guy who responds to every single post if it is somehow related, even in any tiny way possible, to CTE, and does not hold CTE up to be the gold standard? Some people can't simply let others have their own opinion.

Oh CTE is definitely the Gold standard. Starred in the Mosconi cup. Tearing up the tournaments in the Northeast. Won the U S Amatuers more then twice. Pro's are teaching it. It's being taught in the Philippines.

You are more then welcome to your own opinion, just try to be right once in a while.

Obsession is a guy constantly posting negative about CTE even though he has no clue how to use it.