Alaska pool halls.........

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heading to AK later this summer …. looking for advice on pool halls in Anchorage.

Any good ones? Any 1P action?

Thanks!

The Hulk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
#1 Anchorage Billiard Palace #2 Clancy’s Billiards both in Anchorage. At Billiard Palace you can usually ask around and find a couple players to match up with. Clancys is more of a all ages family friendly place but for $10 entry fee you can play on a semi decent 9 foot Gold Crown all day.

Guff

Registered
I can put you in touch with some of the anchorage action, message me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hulk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Add JJs to that list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely do that!!! If you like playing around drunks and druggies on $.75 7ft diamonds. With coin mechanisms that half way work and take your money every other game. Then you have to wait 10 minutes for the bartender to come over and drop the balls for you. Don’t get me wrong I like Jerry and JJ’s but he really needs to get his tables fixed.

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well...

The Palace has four 9' Diamonds and a regular crowd. They used to have six 9.Diamonds, but put in more 7' Diamonds and got rid of the big Snooker table.

Show up around 1900 and when you come in look to the left, there will usually be some guys on the back tables. Introduce your self and tell them you are looking for some "action".

Maybe Richie or Mo will be in there. Mo is a big Samoan and Richie is a slender white guy. I have played them both in 9 and 8 Ball tournaments and got beat soundly. They are both up front guys and are probably about the best Alaska has to offer. I am not sure about how often they play One Pocket.

I played Richie a race to nine in 10 Ball a month or so ago and he beat me 9-5. A couple of the games I won were because he missed a couple of shots that surprised me. But, for 20 bucks it was a good time for me.

I live about 150 miles from Anchorage and my hick town has no decent place to play pool or much competition if there was.

Last edited:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the replies. Looking for pool hall, not bars. Big tables. One pocket or 9 ball!!

I'll be there only for one night, maybe two. Will firm up plans as time goes on …

Thanks!

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
yea, go in a pool room and tell them you are looking for action. see how you do.

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Sean Azares still play up there? Not sure if that spelling is correct.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yea, go in a pool room and tell them you are looking for action. see how you do.

Meaning what?? I used travel more and did that exact thing many times... always found action and never any issues. Maybe you have had differing experiences?