An average pool player in a professional tournament | The Road To The US Open

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Seen it. Wish i could do it. If i played a quarter of the pool hes doing rifht now, ide spent the money for the fun of it. I wpuld stand zero chance of even threatning even the lowest pro there, but its a fun story and experience. I hope he does well, wakes up and shoots the best pool of his life. You jever know, the games funny that way.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I'm really surprised more people aren't responding to this thread, it's an ongoing story about a fellow AZer with a lot of valuable information.

Oh well, what's the best tip for.....

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
rollie

I'm really surprised more people aren't responding to this thread, it's an ongoing story about a fellow AZer with a lot of valuable information.

I was training pool for the last two days and just saw this thread. Yes, Rollie has a great channel. Very good personality and very entertaining and educational content.

I actually got a message to him inviting him to work with me for a pool bootcamp. Neight with Cue It Up Podcast knows him personally and was able to float the invite to him. Rollie seemed interested but there are other people involved so we'll see if it comes together. But I would love the exposure if I could get on that channel!

Incidentally Dr. Dave's training session with him was really cool. For those that don't think that cat can play they should look it up. Dave can beast it up on the felt. I hope someday I can spend some one on one time with Dave, now that he's retiring I see no reason why he shouldn't be sending some players to the B side of some good sized tournaments!

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member

Marble, roughened up with acid. Puts 80% more spin in the ball per capita and holds chalk for-ever... but I like the idea and hope he gets in there and wins a few matches hell yeah.

Around 10:20 my bridge is cocked about 45 degrees to the shot line. Like the line between my thumb and pointer, and the cue just rests in the bottom of a pretty high ‘V’ shape. It feels so much more solid than when I try to keep the groove on the shot line. Are most of you straight on like hunter is talking about?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Marble, roughened up with acid. Puts 80% more spin in the ball per capita and holds chalk for-ever... but I like the idea and hope he gets in there and wins a few matches hell yeah.

Around 10:20 my bridge is cocked about 45 degrees to the shot line. Like the line between my thumb and pointer, and the cue just rests in the bottom of a pretty high ‘V’ shape. It feels so much more solid than when I try to keep the groove on the shot line. Are most of you straight on like hunter is talking about?

I'm always across it but will give it a shot(pun intended or not)

Scrunge19

Registered
Incidentally Dr. Dave's training session with him was really cool. For those that don't think that cat can play they should look it up. Dave can beast it up on the felt. I hope someday I can spend some one on one time with Dave, now that he's retiring I see no reason why he shouldn't be sending some players to the B side of some good sized tournaments!

I like Dr Dave’s videos but that wasn’t one I could get all the way through. It sounds stupid, but all I could think of during the entire video was that Dave sounded like a serial killer. The way he inserted Rollie’s name into every sentence just came across as weird. Dumb, I know.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member

im more of a quartz man myself and use really high quality Colombian cocaine as chalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

As long as you do it with a member of the opposite sex, you're still straight.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is Rollie Williams An average pool player in a professional tournament | The Road To The US Open?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=23&v=6YeiyRYwLQE&feature=emb_logo
Very interesting and I hope there will be follow up Youtube tapes on his progression throughout the 10 week crash course. My initial impression is that this guy appears to be better than an average player. I am no instructor, but his stance, alignment, and stroke appear to be fundamentally sound to me. I never saw him miss a shot during the tape, which is impressive particularly considering he’s trying out some new things.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure he will count success in number of games won rather than matches, should be fun to see the results.

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fargorate shows he's a 550 but with little robustness (17 games). If he's playing well, he could definitely take a few games from a lower lever pro. I wish him all the best!

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very interesting and I hope there will be follow up Youtube tapes on his progression throughout the 10 week crash course. My initial impression is that this guy appears to be better than an average player. I am no instructor, but his stance, alignment, and stroke appear to be fundamentally sound to me. I never saw him miss a shot during the tape, which is impressive particularly considering he’s trying out some new things.

pt. 2 up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEZpbY1V4h8
good stuff