Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page A- Z Billiard use to be about all thing Cue Sport Related.
Page 5 of 7 « First 345 67

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-05-2020, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haystj View Post
Boy you got that right.

I made a simple comment one time about working on a table and RKC pounced on my ass and kicked me hard,,, made sure I knew he was "The Man".

Back to the OP,,,,,,,,,,, no further comment from Coco???

He takes a big dump in the main forum and seemingly ran out the back door.
He might be related to Biden. His posts sometimes reminds me of the Gropinator's on-line blog lunacy.

Old
  (#62)
336Robin
Multiverse Operative
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-05-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
You're apparently delusional. The guy wanted his fkng table fixed and RKC screwed him. End of story. If what goes on here so offends you why don't you just bail????? Jeeez.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post

What he didn't get was his table fixed right away, but if he would have stuck to his agreement he would have.
Yeah I'll bail if you are uncomfortable talking about the truth, but you missed
part of my post as I was adding to it and putting a comma in. You got played dude. You and the whole forum.

Progress is inevitable.

Live long and Prosper!

aimisthegameinpool.com

sites have a shelf life
Old
  (#63)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

sites have a shelf life - 08-05-2020, 09:04 AM

All interactive sites on the internet with only a few exceptions seem to have a limited shelf life then people move on to something or somewhere else. AZB is no exception.

I do think fragmenting the forum to the degree that it has been done is a mistake. Some of these forums should only be a thread. Forums should be the main, buy sell and trade, NPR, a cue smith's forum, and a room owners forum in my opinion. The hall of fame is fine too.

The aiming threads were an annoyance but should something so definitely pool related be split into a separate forum? All the instructor forums seem to see little action. Combining them into one thread should work.

Lockdowns certainly aren't helping but the forum issues were here long before lockdowns.

We need more to drive the main forum. Also, stickies need to be reviewed. Perhaps some are dated and others could be combined. I wish they would only be on the first page too but I don't know that the software has that capability. Last time I checked stickies covered over half of each page!

Admin is trying to moderate the forums with a lighter touch, something "everybody" wanted. Now that they are getting less moderation some aren't happy about that either. They want a forum ran just to suit them and there is only one way to make that happen.

I come and go here myself. The reason is simple. I have been here so long I feel I have very little fresh to say on pool related topics.

No real answers to get AZB back on track. Flourishing pool rooms and tournaments would help, I think some consolidation would help too but of course there were reasons the place was fragmented to begin with.

Hu

Old
  (#64)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Yeah I'll bail if you are uncomfortable talking about the truth, but you missed
part of my post as I was adding to it and putting a comma in. You got played dude. You and the whole forum.
Are you talking about the guy with the rails, johnnyaims?? If so he got flat-out screwed. He paid for the job and 6mos after the due date still nothing. Someone else finally helped the guy out. I didn't get played by anybody. The people gettin' played are those that do business with guys like rkc and the Dallas cue seller. Get them off here and we'll all be better off.

Last edited by garczar; 08-05-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Old
  (#65)
336Robin
Multiverse Operative
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
You see that is my point.

That guy should have taken RKC to court and left it at that. Something went down between those two and he used a public forum to put pressure on rkc where he didn't
have a legal standing or he would have just filed $126 bucks and had him served. He would have won according to the way he presented himself here but he apparently
didn't want all of it exposed. Everyone ate it right up, even the guy that gave him some rails. He got exactly what he wanted. Sympathy and everyone fell for it.

What he didn't get was his table fixed right away, but if he would have stuck to his agreement he would have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Are you talking about the guy with the rails, johnnyaims?? If so he got flat-out screwed. He paid for the job and 6mos after the due date still nothing. Someone else finally helped the guy out. I didn't get played by anybody. The people gettin' played are those that do business with guys like rkc and the Dallas cue seller. Get them off here and we'll all be better off.
That guy screwed himself and then he led everyone here into thinking it was rkc and they all believed it. Are we really better off?

Apparently we are because you still believe it and I guess everyone else does too.

Since I'm not rkc I think I'll shut my end of this conversation down because everyone is happy he's gone. He is an opinionated someone when he knows his stuff.

There are several here that have received similar treatment that didn't deserve it over the course of time and that's why I said anything to start with. This was not just about rkc by any means.

The conversation was in response to the OP's thread.

Progress is inevitable.

Live long and Prosper!

aimisthegameinpool.com

Last edited by 336Robin; 08-05-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Old
  (#66)
skip100
AzB Silver Member
skip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 12:01 PM

Of all the people who could have started this thread

Old
  (#67)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip100 View Post
Of all the people who could have started this thread
He dropped the flaming bag of poo rung the door bell and watched us all stomp on it

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#68)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 12:58 PM

Pretty long thread for when the OP ignored current events when commentating on the
state of pool....maybe he took isolating too far?

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#69)
cubswin
Just call me Joe...
cubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 02:13 PM

So you are going to start using yet another username soon?

Ready to play Pool
Old
  (#70)
336Robin
Multiverse Operative

Ready to play Pool - 08-05-2020, 02:38 PM

I am sure ready for this covid thing to be over and start playing pool again.

Novavax has a drug in human trials that's produced 100% immunity and the market was up today on it. The article said they prognosticated maybe being able to deliver 100
million doses. Sign me up!

Progress is inevitable.

Live long and Prosper!

aimisthegameinpool.com

Old
  (#71)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member
Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
08-05-2020, 03:38 PM

Quote:
That guy screwed himself and then he led everyone here into thinking it was rkc and they all believed it. Are we really better off?

Apparently we are because you still believe it and I guess everyone else does too.

Since I'm not rkc I think I'll shut my end of this conversation down because everyone is happy he's gone. He is an opinionated someone when he knows his stuff.

There are several here that have received similar treatment that didn't deserve it over the course of time and that's why I said anything to start with. This was not just about rkc by any means.

The conversation was in response to the OP's thread.
When someone sues you in court and you don't show, you are automatically found to be at fault and a judgement is issued. Same thing correctly applies on AZB except the judgement is not in $$

Did you go on his imaginary trip to China with him?

Old
  (#72)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

08-05-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
All interactive sites on the internet with only a few exceptions seem to have a limited shelf life then people move on to something or somewhere else. AZB is no exception.

I do think fragmenting the forum to the degree that it has been done is a mistake. Some of these forums should only be a thread. Forums should be the main, buy sell and trade, NPR, a cue smith's forum, and a room owners forum in my opinion. The hall of fame is fine too.

The aiming threads were an annoyance but should something so definitely pool related be split into a separate forum? All the instructor forums seem to see little action. Combining them into one thread should work.

Lockdowns certainly aren't helping but the forum issues were here long before lockdowns.

We need more to drive the main forum. Also, stickies need to be reviewed. Perhaps some are dated and others could be combined. I wish they would only be on the first page too but I don't know that the software has that capability. Last time I checked stickies covered over half of each page!

Admin is trying to moderate the forums with a lighter touch, something "everybody" wanted. Now that they are getting less moderation some aren't happy about that either. They want a forum ran just to suit them and there is only one way to make that happen.

I come and go here myself. The reason is simple. I have been here so long I feel I have very little fresh to say on pool related topics.

No real answers to get AZB back on track. Flourishing pool rooms and tournaments would help, I think some consolidation would help too but of course there were reasons the place was fragmented to begin with.

Hu

Your are correct Internet Fourms, Message Boards, or what you call em come and go. One of the problems is people loose intrest in a hobby, passion, be it boat ownership, bicycling, showing dogs, or what ever the subject is, or was.

As I said AZ Billiards was in the beginning only Pool & Cue Sports Related, it was great years ago. Maybe the best Forum on Billiards & Cue Sports.

Now NRP is apprently the hot sub forum. I see it as a hot bed of people who already have their beliefs in NPS subjects, are not going to change their beleafs, but the sub-forum is more like a battle ground of people trying to start & participate World War III over politics, religion, or the latest breaking news, or off beat news.

Kind of sad the Forum that was like all things from "A" to "Z" Billiard & Cue Sports has changed so much.

Many old members have died off, and others just got tired of all the hate, and hating. Moving on, taking a break, just never came back, if they do its only to look, and they the good contributors never contribute any more.

Forum loss. JMHO. Don't like that? Tought Tacos.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#73)
straightline
AzB Silver Member
straightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
I am sure ready for this covid thing to be over and start playing pool again.

Novavax has a drug in human trials that's produced 100% immunity and the market was up today on it. The article said they prognosticated maybe being able to deliver 100
million doses. Sign me up!
Sounds encouraging. I'd take a pill to play pool.

Then again they can't cure the common cold...

Old
  (#74)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member
Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
08-05-2020, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightline View Post
Sounds encouraging. I'd take a pill to play pool.

Then again they can't cure the common cold...
I bought that stock at 7 in Jan or February-sold 2 weeks later at 12 something-made a killing!! Today it hit 189.

Old
  (#75)
ipoppa33
Shakedown Custom Rods
ipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
Forum loss. JMHO. Don't like that? Tought Tacos.
Couldn't have said it better, see ya.

Playing Cue: Ray Weeks Slowhand Cues
J/B: Ray Weeks Slowhand Cues
Other cues: Some of old Palmers, Scruggs, Sugartree, Onley

Page 5 of 7 « First 345 67

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: