Old
  (#181)
ibuycues
I Love Box Cues
ibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond repute
 
ibuycues's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,731
vCash: 4100
iTrader: 105 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: End of the Yellow Brick Road
   
02-04-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logdog View Post
Another big 10 day tournament/vendor experience ended at Derby City. What was the atmosphere like for the high end Gus Szamboti cues? Anyone willing to share some prices to help keep everyone educated?
Were you able to sell the billiard balls and box set?
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#182)
Logdog
AzB Silver Member
Logdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Mar 2010
   
02-04-2019, 08:25 PM

I just noticed that the cue pics had been deleted in my flicker account so they are back in there now in case anyone would like to view them. No telling how long they have been deleted since I have not clicked on the link in over a year

https://www.flickr.com/photos/147088...57679608318555

Last edited by Logdog; 02-04-2019 at 11:06 PM.
  
Reply With Quote
Gus Szamboti 70's
Old
  (#183)
sureman183
Got "Boti's" ??
sureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond repute
 
sureman183's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,329
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 163 / 100%
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northern Michigan
   
Gus Szamboti 70's - 02-05-2019, 06:47 PM

Well said Ken. it's very hard to catch the big fish, if you never get any bait or don't take your pole out of the closet. my friend bought a very big Balabushka, after i examined it & suggested he buy it. he showed up later, examined it & bought it. any collector is going to want to inspect before buying it. if your not going to show it, then leave it in your closet, maybe someone will buy it from photo's. but i doubt it very much. best to you. Don Sherman aka Sure Man Cues


SURE - MAN CUES

SERVING YOU FOR OVER 30 YEARS



PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT: suremancues77@gmail.com

CALL DON AT 989-305-6454



COMING SOON ***NEW WEBSITE***
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#184)
Logdog
AzB Silver Member
Logdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Mar 2010
   
02-09-2019, 08:47 PM

Pictures are back up now somehow

Last edited by Logdog; 02-15-2019 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Update
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#185)
skins
Likes to draw
skins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond repute
 
skins's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,776
vCash: 500
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Join Date: Sep 2004
   
02-09-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logdog View Post
Ok...I see the pictures are back down again. Maybe this has something to do with my having a free Flicker account and there are some restrictions after a certain time period. Do some of you that post a lot of pictures have a better idea of how to host the cue pictures?
Maybe try a free Photobucket account..that is if they still offer that.


Design is a fingerprint of the mind....

  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#186)
hachi808
AzB Silver Member
hachi808 has a reputation beyond reputehachi808 has a reputation beyond reputehachi808 has a reputation beyond reputehachi808 has a reputation beyond reputehachi808 has a reputation beyond reputehachi808 has a reputation beyond reputehachi808 has a reputation beyond reputehachi808 has a reputation beyond reputehachi808 has a reputation beyond reputehachi808 has a reputation beyond reputehachi808 has a reputation beyond repute
 
hachi808's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 289
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2011
   
02-09-2019, 09:20 PM

Imgur for free photo hosting.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#187)
ibuycues
I Love Box Cues
ibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond repute
 
ibuycues's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,731
vCash: 4100
iTrader: 105 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: End of the Yellow Brick Road
   
02-14-2019, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logdog View Post
Ok...I see the pictures are back down again. Maybe this has something to do with my having a free Flicker account and there are some restrictions after a certain time period. Do some of you that post a lot of pictures have a better idea of how to host the cue pictures?

Logdog,

On a separate note entirely.......
Your father was singularly one of the most incredible persons I have met in my entire life.
Ever.
Brilliant, professional, thoughtful, memorable.

Will Prout
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#188)
Logdog
AzB Silver Member
Logdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Mar 2010
   
02-14-2019, 10:36 PM

Will....What a nice comment for you to make. I will pass that along. I hope things are going well for you and your family. I was confident that you were most likely somewhere on this site but I didn't know the name until now. Great to hear from you
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#189)
Logdog
AzB Silver Member
Logdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Mar 2010
   
04-03-2019, 08:24 AM

Another big show has finished at the Billiard Expo. What was the market like for high end Gus Szamboti cues? Does anyone have any results/impressions they would like to share?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#190)
skins
Likes to draw
skins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond repute
 
skins's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,776
vCash: 500
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Join Date: Sep 2004
   
04-03-2019, 05:08 PM

The market has come down for basic to semi basic Szamboti and Bushkas. That said, cues that have a fair amount of work and that are in great condition still command good $ or are not being offered because there are very limited amounts of those cues and collectors don't want to give them up for reasons not only due to the market. I still think those cues will eventually bring some big $ again. When that will be is anybody's guess. If history has shown anything, with most collectables, excellence is eventually understood by all and rewarded. Szamboti's and Balabushka's ARE excellence.

Your cue is a very nice cue and though it should bring a pretty penny, you may have to wait till someone HAS to have it or you may have to sell it "at the market" (old Chicago Board Of Trade lingo ) if you really need to sell. Wanting to sell only for top $ is not a good position to be in.


Design is a fingerprint of the mind....

  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#191)
alpine9430
AzB Silver Member
alpine9430 has a reputation beyond reputealpine9430 has a reputation beyond reputealpine9430 has a reputation beyond reputealpine9430 has a reputation beyond reputealpine9430 has a reputation beyond reputealpine9430 has a reputation beyond reputealpine9430 has a reputation beyond reputealpine9430 has a reputation beyond reputealpine9430 has a reputation beyond reputealpine9430 has a reputation beyond reputealpine9430 has a reputation beyond repute
 
alpine9430's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,828
vCash: 2900
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Winchester, Va.
   
04-05-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins View Post
The market has come down for basic to semi basic Szamboti and Bushkas. That said, cues that have a fair amount of work and that are in great condition still command good $ or are not being offered because there are very limited amounts of those cues and collectors don't want to give them up for reasons not only due to the market. I still think those cues will eventually bring some big $ again. When that will be is anybody's guess. If history has shown anything, with most collectables, excellence is eventually understood by all and rewarded. Szamboti's and Balabushka's ARE excellence.

Your cue is a very nice cue and though it should bring a pretty penny, you may have to wait till someone HAS to have it or you may have to sell it "at the market" (old Chicago Board Of Trade lingo ) if you really need to sell. Wanting to sell only for top $ is not a good position to be in.
Interesting read...
I thoroughly enjoyed your perspective.

What I am seeing from attending SBE over the last 15 years and supporting my friends working their booths, are less collectors are attending the grand event. Gone are the days of the big cues coming out for the first time in a long time to see expo lighting, seeing my first Barry Box cue with the white wrap (what a beauty), old players deciding it is time to give up their playing cues (Szam's and Bushka's), maybe even grabbing and holding on to the unattended case as a collector digs deep into the booth (I had you covered Will), unwrapping new cues being delivered directly to the expo by the cue makers, watching a bidding war for a cue makers player cue and much more.

When the SBE was at VF Expo Center, there were so many vendor booths that it was always amazing to see all the different cues. This past year, I saw more people sharing the cost of the booth and doubling up when possible (sales have been down in the past).

From a sales perspective, things were slow this year with high end customs (narrow down the range to those over $10K). Of course, a few changed hands but not many as I can remember back in 2008 and 2009. I was helping in a booth again with Kenny and Gian and a few others. There were Gus’s of course but a lot more questions were directed toward the Barry’s for the first time that I can remember. I do not remember seeing any Gus cue traded hands but there were a couple of new Barry cues that went home. Prices on the Barry’s were in line or up slightly over last year’s prices. I know that in my case I still have my eyes on another Barry cue (love the Bushka Rings with silver dots in the ebony).

If the OP had attended the SBE, I am not sure he would have fared much better over what I think he may have been offered via PM’s. There is interest I am sure but I think the numbers are not as high as they were 8-10 years ago. As a Szamboti owner, I have an interest of where the market is headed.

All the best in your decision and that is a pretty Gus.
Myron
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#192)
skins
Likes to draw
skins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond repute
 
skins's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,776
vCash: 500
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Join Date: Sep 2004
   
04-05-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine9430 View Post
Interesting read...
I thoroughly enjoyed your perspective.

What I am seeing from attending SBE over the last 15 years and supporting my friends working their booths, are less collectors are attending the grand event. Gone are the days of the big cues coming out for the first time in a long time to see expo lighting, seeing my first Barry Box cue with the white wrap (what a beauty), old players deciding it is time to give up their playing cues (Szam's and Bushka's), maybe even grabbing and holding on to the unattended case as a collector digs deep into the booth (I had you covered Will), unwrapping new cues being delivered directly to the expo by the cue makers, watching a bidding war for a cue makers player cue and much more.

When the SBE was at VF Expo Center, there were so many vendor booths that it was always amazing to see all the different cues. This past year, I saw more people sharing the cost of the booth and doubling up when possible (sales have been down in the past).

From a sales perspective, things were slow this year with high end customs (narrow down the range to those over $10K). Of course, a few changed hands but not many as I can remember back in 2008 and 2009. I was helping in a booth again with Kenny and Gian and a few others. There were Gus’s of course but a lot more questions were directed toward the Barry’s for the first time that I can remember. I do not remember seeing any Gus cue traded hands but there were a couple of new Barry cues that went home. Prices on the Barry’s were in line or up slightly over last year’s prices. I know that in my case I still have my eyes on another Barry cue (love the Bushka Rings with silver dots in the ebony).

If the OP had attended the SBE, I am not sure he would have fared much better over what I think he may have been offered via PM’s. There is interest I am sure but I think the numbers are not as high as they were 8-10 years ago. As a Szamboti owner, I have an interest of where the market is headed.

All the best in your decision and that is a pretty Gus.
Myron
What you describe is one of the main reasons I haven't gone to a show in over 10 years. Hopefully we'll get to see some good ole days before we're too old to enjoy them.

Be well Myron!


Design is a fingerprint of the mind....

  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#193)
Logdog
AzB Silver Member
Logdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Mar 2010
   
04-05-2019, 04:06 PM

That was an interesting insight to the current high end cue market. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience so everyone can learn and benefit from it
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#194)
ibuycues
I Love Box Cues
ibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond repute
 
ibuycues's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,731
vCash: 4100
iTrader: 105 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: End of the Yellow Brick Road
   
04-05-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine9430 View Post
Interesting read...
I thoroughly enjoyed your perspective.

What I am seeing from attending SBE over the last 15 years and supporting my friends working their booths, are less collectors are attending the grand event. Gone are the days of the big cues coming out for the first time in a long time to see expo lighting, seeing my first Barry Box cue with the white wrap (what a beauty), old players deciding it is time to give up their playing cues (Szam's and Bushka's), maybe even grabbing and holding on to the unattended case as a collector digs deep into the booth (I had you covered Will), unwrapping new cues being delivered directly to the expo by the cue makers, watching a bidding war for a cue makers player cue and much more.

When the SBE was at VF Expo Center, there were so many vendor booths that it was always amazing to see all the different cues. This past year, I saw more people sharing the cost of the booth and doubling up when possible (sales have been down in the past).

From a sales perspective, things were slow this year with high end customs (narrow down the range to those over $10K). Of course, a few changed hands but not many as I can remember back in 2008 and 2009. I was helping in a booth again with Kenny and Gian and a few others. There were Gus’s of course but a lot more questions were directed toward the Barry’s for the first time that I can remember. I do not remember seeing any Gus cue traded hands but there were a couple of new Barry cues that went home. Prices on the Barry’s were in line or up slightly over last year’s prices. I know that in my case I still have my eyes on another Barry cue (love the Bushka Rings with silver dots in the ebony).

If the OP had attended the SBE, I am not sure he would have fared much better over what I think he may have been offered via PM’s. There is interest I am sure but I think the numbers are not as high as they were 8-10 years ago. As a Szamboti owner, I have an interest of where the market is headed.

All the best in your decision and that is a pretty Gus.
Myron

Tried to give you more rep, but need to spread around more first.
Hope all is well.
Will Prout
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 13 of 13 « First 3111213

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.