Old
  (#31)
Logdog
AzB Silver Member
Logdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-29-2017, 10:00 PM

I have been scared off by the rumors of possible cue confiscation at the Expo so those of you that messaged me hoping to see my cue in person this weekend, I will not be there. Good luck in your pursuit of those rare Gus Szamboti's

Old
  (#32)
WildWing
AzB Silver Member
WildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond repute

03-30-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logdog View Post
I have been scared off by the rumors of possible cue confiscation at the Expo so those of you that messaged me hoping to see my cue in person this weekend, I will not be there. Good luck in your pursuit of those rare Gus Szamboti's
You mean possible theft? Or problem with ivory? This is pretty intriguing.

If one Gus like this induces this kind of fear, can you imagine what Lucky or the Glenn family must go through?

All the best,
WW

Old
  (#33)
michael4
AzB Silver Member
michael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond repute

03-31-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccues View Post
You have an offer of 12K? If you're not attached.. sell it and do not look back.

JV
I am going to join this opinion....I have recently learned that life is short and hanging on to things we like, but dont use is not always the best answer......much better to "simplify" life and enjoy life for today......Tomorrow is promised to no one....in other words dont get too attached to "things", things dont really make us happy in the long run.

Take the 12K (or whatever), use that money to take a fishing trip, visit family, empty the bucket list and enjoy life....

Very nice looking cue by the way, best of luck whatever you decide

Gus Szamboti 70's
Old
  (#34)
sureman183
Got "Boti's" ??
sureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Gus Szamboti 70's - 04-05-2017, 02:06 PM

I have 2 rare Gus Szamboti's @ SBE, no cues were confiscated. was looking forward to seeing this cue. sorry that happened & didn't see it. I p/u another nice original Gus @ SBE. there hs to be LAW in affect b4 they can do that. great cue, like to see it someday. don...aka Sure Man Cues.

SURE - MAN CUES

SERVING YOU FOR OVER 30 YEARS

PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT: suremancues77@gmail.com

CALL DON AT 989-305-6454

COMING SOON ***NEW WEBSITE***

Old
  (#35)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

04-05-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
I'm glad I didn't show up with my Lucasi.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

"Russian Magic Chalk- good enough to steal".

Russian Magic chalk is the nuts.
Its so good my last and only cube was stolen off the table when I went to the bath room.
They left my $1000 cue but stole my chalk, how strong is that?

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#36)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

04-05-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureman183 View Post
I have 2 rare Gus Szamboti's @ SBE, no cues were confiscated. was looking forward to seeing this cue. sorry that happened & didn't see it. I p/u another nice original Gus @ SBE. there hs to be LAW in affect b4 they can do that. great cue, like to see it someday. don...aka Sure Man Cues.

Sounds like a good show for you. Glad you had no trouble.

As for the law...I wish that were true. Authorities have illegally confiscated things. Firearms for example. You then hire a lawyer and fight to get it back.

A man in Pennsylvania had a firearms collection illegally confiscated. It was worth over 100K. By the time he got a court order to get his guns back they had been destroyed. Then he had to sue the county to get reimbursed. In the end he got very little compensation for his loss....and some of those valuable guns actually turned up in the possession of cops years later.

Anyway, I would never want anybody to get scared away from a cue show or event. But do be careful with your cues with ivory.

I never heard any rumors about confiscations, nor would I fan such flames by repeating them if I did. But if the old boy heard something and got spooked I can't blame him. Original owner Gus? I would probably get spooked too.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#37)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

04-06-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
Sounds like a good show for you. Glad you had no trouble.

As for the law...I wish that were true. Authorities have illegally confiscated things. Firearms for example. You then hire a lawyer and fight to get it back.

A man in Pennsylvania had a firearms collection illegally confiscated. It was worth over 100K. By the time he got a court order to get his guns back they had been destroyed. Then he had to sue the county to get reimbursed. In the end he got very little compensation for his loss....and some of those valuable guns actually turned up in the possession of cops years later.

Anyway, I would never want anybody to get scared away from a cue show or event. But do be careful with your cues with ivory.

I never heard any rumors about confiscations, nor would I fan such flames by repeating them if I did. But if the old boy heard something and got spooked I can't blame him. Original owner Gus? I would probably get spooked too.

Me too.
It would be like getting robbed of $12K plus.
F**king feds.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

"Russian Magic Chalk- good enough to steal".

Russian Magic chalk is the nuts.
Its so good my last and only cube was stolen off the table when I went to the bath room.
They left my $1000 cue but stole my chalk, how strong is that?

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#38)
Jon Manning
AzB Silver Member
Jon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond repute

04-06-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
I'm confused. Why would the confiscate your cue? The only Ivory is the ferrule, right? An even so how could they justify that? Wouldn't that fall under the Ex Post Facto rule?

Old
  (#39)
Logdog
AzB Silver Member
Logdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond repute

04-11-2017, 09:53 AM

Sorry, I do not check this forum regularly. I heard the rumor about the possible confiscation and thought to myself now wouldn't that suck if after owning this cue for 40+ years and finally deciding to sell it that I might get it taken from me and get nothing....LOL. That's why I didn't come. It just felt too ironic that I might be that unlucky

Old
  (#40)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

04-11-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Manning View Post
I'm confused. Why would the confiscate your cue? The only Ivory is the ferrule, right? An even so how could they justify that? Wouldn't that fall under the Ex Post Facto rule?
Worst case scenario would be a raid. The "authorities" might take anything white under suspicion. Confiscate and figure it out later...maybe after damaging it to test the butt cap.

Seems ridiculous, but crazier things have happened.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#41)
Logdog
AzB Silver Member

04-18-2017, 02:07 PM

I had stated earlier that I would keep the group informed as to the offers I have received for this cue. I have now received an updated offer of $13,500. I hope this information helps the group in general to know the current state of value for a cue of this type.

Old
  (#42)
ideologist
I don't never exaggerate
ideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond repute

04-18-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
I had stated earlier that I would keep the group informed as to the offers I have received for this cue. I have now received an updated offer of $13,500. I hope this information helps the group in general to know the current state of value for a cue of this type.
That's a great offer

Make sure you check your references before you buy on this site. Even a mod here engages in bad business!

Old
  (#43)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

04-18-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideologist View Post
That's a great offer
That is a great offer.

IMHO the market value is established after a successful transaction. Offers do not establish market value, though they might suggest it.

I love it that the OP is keeping us up with the progress of his efforts to sell.

This is a spectacular cue, no doubt, I wish I were in a position to be in the game on this one.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#44)
skins
Likes to draw
skins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond repute

04-18-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Too low....

Design is a fingerprint of the mind....

Old
  (#45)
fromthebeginnin
AzB Silver Member
fromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond repute

04-20-2017, 06:32 PM

I've getting offers of $12k for mine , yours should bring north of $17

Last edited by fromthebeginnin; 04-20-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Page 3 of 13 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: