Old
  (#61)
ibuycues
I Love Box Cues
ibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-20-2017, 02:43 AM

First, let me say I really like your cue, it's rarity, originality and desirability.
Overall, simply a wonderful collectible and great player.

I am primarily a collector, not a buyer/seller, and own hundreds of collectible cues.
Also, high performance cars, gas pumps, vending machines.....heck, you get the idea.

If you are looking to sell a collectible, remember one thing, an old saying....

Pigs get fat, and hogs get slaughtered.........

I have friends who have high end cars, and when they were ready to sell, they wanted
the very top buck for their rare big block vette or early Shelby. In a couple of cases, they
trailered their vehicle to shows for 3-4 years, and finally got their price. They ignored
time value of money, changes in economy, cost of taking their vehicle to 7-8 shows,
etc., and thought they did good. Simply put they didn't, just thought they did.

Come to peace with selling for the huge profit you will make, get comfortable with
the fact the next guy starts with a little room in his investment, and
go "on down the road". The task is over. You are selling an investment, not a cue, at the
price you are seeking. Just like stock. I only buy a stock if I think it will be worth more.
Keep in mind, we have an uncertain future.

Just my thoughts. Again, a great cue.

Will Prout

Last edited by ibuycues; 05-20-2017 at 02:49 AM.

Old
  (#62)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

05-20-2017, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuycues View Post
First, let me say I really like your cue, it's rarity, originality and desirability.

I am primarily a collector, not a buyer/seller, and own hundreds of collectible cues.
Also, high performance cars, gas pumps, vending machines.....heck, you get the idea.

I have friends who have high end cars, and when they were ready to sell, they wanted
the very top buck for their rare big block vette or early Shelby. In a couple of cases, they
trailered their vehicle to shows for 3-4 years, and finally got their price. They ignored
time value of money, changes in economy, cost of taking their vehicle to 7-8 shows,

Come to peace with selling for the huge profit you will make, get comfortable with
go "on down the road". The task is over. You are selling an investment, not a cue, at the
price you are seeking. Just like stock. I only buy a stock if I think it will be worth more.

Will Prout
Good advice here.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

"Russian Magic Chalk- good enough to steal".

Russian Magic chalk is the nuts.
Its so good my last and only cube was stolen off the table when I went to the bath room.
They left my $1000 cue but stole my chalk, how strong is that?

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#63)
Logdog
AzB Silver Member
Logdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-20-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuycues View Post

Will Prout
I am comfortable with leaving a "little room" for the next guy but I think approx. $5,000 is a little too much to leave on the bone. I appreciate your point about when to sell, etc.... and as you said we all have an uncertain future. Thanks again for your valuable input.

Old
  (#64)
tattoo
Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
tattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logdog View Post
I am comfortable with leaving a "little room" for the next guy but I think approx. $5,000 is a little too much to leave on the bone. .
I think the person that told you the cue was worth 18500 might have not known the value of the current cue market has become. It would have to be a true monster to get that type of cash. The cue is amazing however the people who can afford this type of cue dictate the market. You hold onto it to long you will not even get your current price. Trust me sell when you can and enjoy the rewards of passing on a great cue to someone who doesn't care what the value does after they buy it.

if you care i will tell,,,,,,however i change my underwear as often as i change the cues i own....i hope you dont have to guess which one wears out first.lol

Old
  (#65)
skins
Likes to draw
skins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoo View Post
I think the person that told you the cue was worth 18500 might have not known the value of the current cue market has become. It would have to be a true monster to get that type of cash. The cue is amazing however the people who can afford this type of cue dictate the market. You hold onto it to long you will not even get your current price. Trust me sell when you can and enjoy the rewards of passing on a great cue to someone who doesn't care what the value does after they buy it.
True monster? Please share a detailed example of what's the least a Gus cue can be to consided a "todays market 18k monster" in your eyes.

Skins --------- believes this cue IS an 18k "monster"...

Design is a fingerprint of the mind....

Old
  (#66)
batalarms
Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
batalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to batalarms 
05-20-2017, 01:13 PM

I am old enough to have lived through many associates that 'held onto' cues because they thought it should be worth more.I stand with Sean,Ken and the guys that say take the money and run.My friends have held onto,Bushka's,Gus's Spains and more.They will never be worth what they were once offered.I could go on and cite many ,many cases like this.There is a reason that this saying has been around forever.
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" Take the money and be VERY happy that you got 300 times the money that you invested.It works out to about $300.00 per year for storing the cue for 40 years.That oughta pay for your safe deposit box.Now you can afford your very own safe and security system.To the Op.You sound smart and reasonable in your comments/post,now don't be greedy.Greed is a strong and terrible emotion.Be strong.Get the cash while it is out there.Believe me,it will go away over time.Just my 2 cents.And good luck with that fine piece of pool history.
Marc

Last edited by batalarms; 05-20-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Old
  (#67)
skins
Likes to draw
skins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batalarms View Post
I am old enough to have lived through many associates that 'held onto' cues because they thought it should be worth more.I stand with Sean,Ken and the guys that say take the money and run.My friends have held onto,Bushka's,Gus's Spains and more.They will never be worth what they were once offered.I could go on and cite many ,many cases like this.There is a reason that this saying has been around forever.
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" Take the money and be VERY happy that you got 300 times the money that you invested.It works out to about $300.00 per year for storing the cue.That oughta pay for your safe deposit box.Now you can afford your very own safe and security system.To the Op.You sound smart and reasonable in your comments/post,now don't be greedy.Greed is a strong and terrible emotion.Be strong.Get the cash while it is out there.Believe me,it will go away over time.Just my 2 cents.
Marc
I'd agree EXCEPT when you are talking Gus's cues as well as a few others. The market will remain like the stock market. Always fluctuating but they will survive the "Bear Markets" and maintain the high $. IMHO if he's young enough and wants to wait I think he'll get his money.

Old
  (#68)
batalarms
Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
batalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to batalarms 
05-20-2017, 01:35 PM

If I paid $400 for an item ,and a buyer puts 12 grand cash in front of me ,I'm selling it.I am a greedy fool if I don't .But that's just me.
Marc

Old
  (#69)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

05-20-2017, 01:36 PM

I'm just glad he doesn't need to sell it and knows what he has. The "meat on the bone" is a wholesaler term and you will never get the cue's top dollar from them.

Old
  (#70)
skins
Likes to draw

05-20-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batalarms View Post
If I paid $400 for an item ,and a buyer puts 12 grand cash in front of me ,I'm selling it.I am a greedy fool if I don't .But that's just me.
Marc

Plenty of times I paid "400".. Sometimes I got out high sometimes real high... All depended how long I wanted to wait. I will say I was happy both ways..

Old
  (#71)
classiccues
Enlightened.....
classiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-20-2017, 02:25 PM

Kid Suspicious is correct again... as was Mr. P...

FTR the people I see that like to say a cue is much higher than the current market dictates have no intention of peeling for it....

Hence never let an alligator do an appraisal...

JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoo View Post

www.classiccues.com
[COLOR="Red"] Large Cue listing and cases are coming

Updated 3/13/19 RIDICULOUS CUES

Premium Custom Cues for Sale and Vintage Billiard and Pool Exchange on Facebook....

Old
  (#72)
skins
Likes to draw

05-20-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccues View Post
Kid Suspicious is correct again... as was Mr. P...

FTR the people I see that like to say a cue is much higher than the current market dictates have no intention of peeling for it....

Hence never let an alligator do an appraisal...

JV
How does anyone really know the "current market" on high end collectibles if they dont have detailed records on comparable sales nor have a good way to let ALL potential buyers know their item is available?

Usually appraisals are given through the comparison of other comp sales completed at auction or know private sale. With collectible cues it can be very difficult due to the differences from item to item though.

Couple that with someone like myself who though may not have the $ to make a certain purchase now, would and have certainly worked hard to acquire specific items hoping they would still be available when Im ready. For me investment is secondary. My desire and happiness trumps all. Im sure Im not alone out here...

Old
  (#73)
Logdog
AzB Silver Member
Logdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins View Post
How does anyone really know the "current market" on high end collectibles if they dont have detailed records on comparable sales nor have a good way to let ALL potential buyers know their item is available?

Usually appraisals are given through the comparison of other comp sales completed at auction or know private sale. With collectible cues it can be very difficult due to the differences from item to item though.

Couple that with someone like myself who though may not have the $ to make a certain purchase now, would and have certainly worked hard to acquire specific items hoping they would still be available when Im ready. For me investment is secondary. My desire and happiness trumps all. Im sure Im not alone out here...
This is exactly why I stated from the beginning that I was going to share the appraisals on worth that I received from 150+ messages and also the offers I received so that it might help the community to be better informed. I always hated seeing something for sale and then 2 weeks later going back and seeing it was sold with NO mention of the sale price and I would even contact the seller and ask directly and be told he didn't want to let that information out.

Old
  (#74)
classiccues
Enlightened.....
classiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-20-2017, 05:43 PM

By selling them, ie dealing. IMHO this guy has been tainted with dreamer values. The 13.5k IMHO is in-line with the real current market value. Not to say in a perfect world, it shouldn't be 18k. Cause it probably should be, especially based on what I have seen some living cuemakers listed for.

All you get to see is the asking price on any item lists, anyways, so the reality is that most people do not know what they actually sell for. Hence most people do not know what a cue truly brings. Is it -10%, or 20 maybe 30%...

Hence why I have been for the last 3 years saying a value guide set to realistic numbers based on originality, rarity, etc... is warranted. But you won't see one anytime soon.

As someone that knows where the market is, and where it *was*, I base my opinion on other "like" sales. I also do not need to protect my "collection", and I have no desire to purchase this cue, so my opinion is not influenced by the usual issues seen in pricing.

JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins View Post

www.classiccues.com
[COLOR="Red"] Large Cue listing and cases are coming

Updated 3/13/19 RIDICULOUS CUES

Premium Custom Cues for Sale and Vintage Billiard and Pool Exchange on Facebook....

Old
  (#75)
skins
Likes to draw

05-20-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccues View Post
By selling them, ie dealing. IMHO this guy has been tainted with dreamer values. The 13.5k IMHO is in-line with the real current market value. Not to say in a perfect world, it shouldn't be 18k. Cause it probably should be, especially based on what I have seen some living cuemakers listed for.

All you get to see is the asking price on any item lists, anyways, so the reality is that most people do not know what they actually sell for. Hence most people do not know what a cue truly brings. Is it -10%, or 20 maybe 30%...

Hence why I have been for the last 3 years saying a value guide set to realistic numbers based on originality, rarity, etc... is warranted. But you won't see one anytime soon.

As someone that knows where the market is, and where it *was*, I base my opinion on other "like" sales. I also do not need to protect my "collection", and I have no desire to purchase this cue, so my opinion is not influenced by the usual issues seen in pricing.

JV
Sure I get it Joe, you know as well as anyone, but even you cant know all who would want to buy a specific cue. THAT alone could mean a higher price is just waiting till the person willing to pay it is made aware of the offering.

Page 5 of 13 « First 345 67 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: